Did anyone know that federal law prevents farmers from fixing their own tractors, that's nuts.....

Hell property taxes alone take up a vast proportion of any gross income on a gamble that the farmer makes every year... Just because a farmer makes a huge investment in the spring does not mean that his ROI will even be adequate to make a living... It is the biggest gamble of just about any occupation...
And now EPA regulatory expansion has hurt most of them in some way or another.

Farmers are leaving the Democratic Party like the coal miners have.

The Democrats are becoming a 90% urban machine and little else.

Jealously rears it's mishapen head.
I'm no know it all.
But knowing more than you is almost too easy.

Sir you have absolutely nothing I would ever be jealous of. In fact I feel a little sympathy towards you. Buck up buckaroo... Their are good folks out there raising the food that you consume and you can sit in your glass tower and feel superior to them...

you're right...there are. but does that mean we should subsidize corporate farms (which put far too many of those good folk out of business)?
Subsidizing along with affirmative-action has made the country incredibly weak - political correctness has consumed the spine of the country. Fuck face
Affirmative-action is just another word for legalized racism

Hildabeast supporters are sorriest of gullible fucks... They eat their own vomit.
No, most of them are good people, just misled, misinformed and have biases tofavor the Democratic party bordering on a mental disorder.

Mighty fine distinctions I admit, but important to bear in mind, nonetheless.

They can be redeemed for the cause of Reason, Righteousness and Western Civilization.

Last edited:
No real surprise there at all.

Most rural areas are going conservative, as I understand it. Believe it or not a whole bunch of farmers have been liberal for generations.
But John Deere is not the farmer, it's the corporation hurting the farmer in this case...!
Number one enemy of the farmer/rancher, the federal government. Subsidizing has made the country weak...
False!
Says the control freak...
It's you who's anal retentive.
You go batshit at any suggestion of change that's is the very definition of control freak.
I win.
image.png

Subsidizing along with affirmative-action has made the country incredibly weak - political correctness has consumed the spine of the country. Fuck face
Affirmative-action is just another word for legalized racism
EqualTreatment_zpszrazdwx3.jpg

This is the problem with the left........every single aspect of life eventually comes under control of some federal agency or dimwitted bureaucrat......

Did anyone know that farmers are prevented from fixing their own tractors, that by federal freakin law they have to hire a contractor to do it....?

This is just nuts....

Farmers fight for the right to repair their own tractors | Fox News

They're attempting to get legislation passed in their states that would enable them, for the first time since the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act, to repair their own tractors or get an independent mechanic to help.

At the root of the morass is the software that helps run modern tractors and their sensors, diagnostic tools, and other high-tech elements. If farmers so much as open the metaphorical hood to check out the computers they could be violating the federal act, reports Modern Farmer.

Mick Minchow, a Nebraska farmer for more than 40 years, is among the many who are fed up, reports Lincoln Journal Star. As it currently stands, any problem with his John Deere 8235 R requires a trip to the dealer and costs him important time.

What he'd like to be able to do, per the paper, is something as simple as looking up the system code to determine if it's a serious problem or something as mundane as replacing a filter.

John Deere's argument, as reported byWired, is that giving farmers free rein over the software would "make it possible for pirates, third-party developers, and less innovative competitors to free-ride off the creativity, unique expression, and ingenuity of vehicle software." Other potential issues that have been floated: the financial hit such a change could wreak on dealerships, and the complications of buying used equipment whose software was improperly changed.

This is just another ploy of the U.N and Agenda 21 to make life as hard on the family farmers and ranchers as possible so they have to sell out to the BLM. I have such a hatred in my heart for this communist, foreign owned federal "gubermint": The time is coming soon for us to tell this foreign entity that we wish to sever the "successor to contract" that they bought when USA.INC went "belly-up". The federal "gubermint" has no jurisdiction in the states with out permission from the governor. This sorry, POS excuse for a governmental body is worried that people are waking up thus they are staging these shooting events to try and take away the last line of defense for the people. Fuck 'em.......

This is just another ploy of the U.N and Agenda 21 to make life as hard on the family farmers and ranchers as possible so they have to sell out to the BLM. I have such a hatred in my heart for this communist, foreign owned federal "gubermint": The time is coming soon for us to tell this foreign entity that we wish to sever the "successor to contract" that they bought when USA.INC went "belly-up". The federal "gubermint" has no jurisdiction in the states with out permission from the governor. This sorry, POS excuse for a governmental body is worried that people are waking up thus they are staging these shooting events to try and take away the last line of defense for the people. Fuck 'em.......
Maybe we should try winning in the political arena first?

IF we cant win at the ballot box, what makes you think we can win with the bullet box?

You have to have certain training to even purchase certain diagnostic computers in the machine industry.
Plus, if they want to bitch, then quit being subsidized
Be that as it may. This is stupid. And runs counter to a similar law in regards to vehicles well epa rule actually. Not law. The one that requires all vehicles to use obd2 standard so that anyone with a scanner can access the onboard diagnostics. Which is not the same as being able to reprogram which oops though another epa rule created the j2354 standard which allows individuals with the proper equipment to also program said computers

Maybe we should try winning in the political arena first?

IF we cant win at the ballot box, what makes you think we can win with the bullet box?

When both parties are just different sides of the same coin and they are owned in part by the same multi-national corporations that contrl the paperless voting machines with back-doored software? What the fuck do you do? What we are under isn't a republic and it's not even a democracy anymore. It's time that we get ready to draw our line in the sand. These psychopathic fucks have some plans for us that we are not going to like. If I don't have a gun, I'll fight them with a knife. We have got to grow some balls. I have just read too many stories of people getting bullied off of their land that had it for generations....total bullshit.

creators of intellectual property deserve to be compensated for what they develop. it isn't open source.
But they should not be allowed to sell crippleware that requires the buyer to go to some fleecing center to get common services done that they should be able to do with a download.

i'm not sure why you all are whining about it.
Because the law is one more example of corporations using the federal government to impose tyranny on their behalf.

It's not the DMCA that's keeping farmers from fixing their tractor computers. It's the fact that John Deere won't give them the proprietary source code.

The only thing the law does is punish those who try tom illegally hack that source code, which isn't necessarily even possible to do.

It's no different than Microsoft refusing to just give away the source code to Windows.

creators of intellectual property deserve to be compensated for what they develop. it isn't open source.
But they should not be allowed to sell crippleware that requires the buyer to go to some fleecing center to get common services done that they should be able to do with a download.

Why not?

Propose a law to stop them.

Forum List

Back