Did anyone know that federal law prevents farmers from fixing their own tractors, that's nuts.....

Their shit is in the wind when they start picking on typo's... Typo this... :fu:

it's fine. i didn't notice. he still doesn't know what he's talking about.

notice his failure and refusal to address the statute because he doesn't know how to read it or understand it.

just know that if it were a bunch of black people in chicago using government property the white trash would be demanding they be drawn and quartered.

you shouldn't be sure of that. they probably license it.

I would bet that John Deere is not licensing out their software but selling it as part of the vehicles factory installed software package

Why would they license their own software to themselves?

the company would probably license it from the manufacturer of the software. either way, the secondary user isn't allowed to copy

you shouldn't be sure of that. they probably license it.

I would bet that John Deere is not licensing out their software but selling it as part of the vehicles factory installed software package

Why would they license their own software to themselves?

the company would probably license it from the manufacturer of the software. either way, the secondary user isn't allowed to copy

My bet is that John Deere makes their own software in-house. Most vehicle manufacturers do for security and trade secret reasons as I understand it. I could be wrong, but the ones I have read of.

And one does not need to have a copy to update or maintain software for themselves, just like you probably run updates to your OS all the time without needing a new copy of Windows Vista, or whatever you use.

This is the problem with the left........every single aspect of life eventually comes under control of some federal agency or dimwitted bureaucrat......

Did anyone know that farmers are prevented from fixing their own tractors, that by federal freakin law they have to hire a contractor to do it....?

This is just nuts....

Farmers fight for the right to repair their own tractors | Fox News

They're attempting to get legislation passed in their states that would enable them, for the first time since the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act, to repair their own tractors or get an independent mechanic to help.

At the root of the morass is the software that helps run modern tractors and their sensors, diagnostic tools, and other high-tech elements. If farmers so much as open the metaphorical hood to check out the computers they could be violating the federal act, reports Modern Farmer.

Mick Minchow, a Nebraska farmer for more than 40 years, is among the many who are fed up, reports Lincoln Journal Star. As it currently stands, any problem with his John Deere 8235 R requires a trip to the dealer and costs him important time.

What he'd like to be able to do, per the paper, is something as simple as looking up the system code to determine if it's a serious problem or something as mundane as replacing a filter.

John Deere's argument, as reported byWired, is that giving farmers free rein over the software would "make it possible for pirates, third-party developers, and less innovative competitors to free-ride off the creativity, unique expression, and ingenuity of vehicle software." Other potential issues that have been floated: the financial hit such a change could wreak on dealerships, and the complications of buying used equipment whose software was improperly changed.
John Deere is on the left?

Who'd a thunk it?

Corporations support big government....you guys are too dumb to realize they are not right or left...they are "buy politicians and use them to protect their interests and attack their enemies" and that is one reason we want a smaller government....
in this case John Deere is Right Wing

2012 PAC Contribution Data
Contributions from this PAC to federal candidates (list recipients)
(10% to Democrats, 90% to Republicans) $732,000
Contributions to this PAC from individual donors of $200 or more ( list donors) $125,794

Official PAC Name:
DEERE & COMPANY PAC (AKA JOHN DEERE PAC)
Industry: Agricultural Services/Products; Farm machinery & equipment
Treasurer: WOODWARD, JOANNE E
FEC Committee ID: C00204099
(Look up actual documents filed at the FEC)

Their shit is in the wind when they start picking on typo's... Typo this... :fu:

notice his failure and refusal to address the statute because he doesn't know how to read it or understand it.

just know that if it were a bunch of black people in chicago using government property the white trash would be demanding they be drawn and quartered.
DEM_2016_Philadelphia-b5daf-4237.jpg

2012 PAC Contribution Data
Contributions from this PAC to federal candidates (list recipients)
(10% to Democrats, 90% to Republicans) $732,000
Contributions to this PAC from individual donors of $200 or more ( list donors) $125,794

Official PAC Name:
DEERE & COMPANY PAC (AKA JOHN DEERE PAC)
Industry: Agricultural Services/Products; Farm machinery & equipment
Treasurer: WOODWARD, JOANNE E
FEC Committee ID: C00204099
(Look up actual documents filed at the FEC)
No real surprise there at all.

Most rural areas are going conservative, as I understand it. Believe it or not a whole bunch of farmers have been liberal for generations.

Are you really trying to make me nauseated? :)

All you need is a mirror for that.

Hillary_Hyena_300.jpg

image.png

Hillary_Hyena_300.jpg
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Jealously rears it's mishapen head.
I'm no know it all.
But knowing more than you is almost too easy.

Sir you have absolutely nothing I would ever be jealous of. In fact I feel a little sympathy towards you. Buck up buckaroo... Their are good folks out there raising the food that you consume and you can sit in your glass tower and feel superior to them...

Hillary_Hyena_300.jpg
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
I know career politicians put everyone asleep...

I'm no know it all.

Sir you have absolutely nothing I would ever be jealous of. In fact I feel a little sympathy towards you. Buck up buckaroo... Their are good folks out there raising the food that you consume and you can sit in your glass tower and feel superior to them...

you're right...there are. but does that mean we should subsidize corporate farms (which put far too many of those good folk out of business)?

I'm no know it all.

You couldn't be more wrong.
Willful ignorance will do that to you.

Forum List

Back