DHS sending pregnant asylum seekers back to Mexico

pregnantmigrant_08162019getty.jpg

That should put a real crimp in those coming and trying to get in to have their kids in the USA. Means they won’t get an automatic pass because their kids are citizens.

Forcing pregnant women to wait alone in Mexico for their asylum hearings puts them at extreme risk of abuse and extortion. Moreover, it creates significant health risks for mothers and children facing imminent delivery dates when proper medical care is not available,” Merkley said.

Of course Merkley is a bleeding heart Dim Senator from Oregon.

More
@ Senate Dem seeks answers from DHS on reports of pregnant asylum seekers sent back to Mexico
I have no problem with this happening. Those women choose to come here already pregnant

Oh hell yeah! Get em otta here before they squat down and shoot out yet another life long welfare recipient and or future gang member. And score a twofer in the process.
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
in 1883, the Chinese Exclusion Act became the first federal law that limited immigration from a particular group

Jesus in heaven you are a silly girl!
Keep talking. Your anti-Americanism...
Who said I am "anti-American?"
... is one big reason we have Trump,..
Who said I disapprove of Trump?
... and one big reason we are done supporting Europe as your de facto military.
Take your NATO and stick it where the sun don't shine. My country isn't a NATO member anyway and never will be if I have anything say about it.
Good luck when the Muslims turn on you. Don't call us, we'll call you.
Well, ain't you the biggest joke of the month. Why do you think the Moslems are on the move in the first place? Duh? You get a multiple choice, you lucky girl:

1. They are looking for cooler temperatures.
2. They've heard so many wonderful things about the taste of pork they decided to come to Europe to sample our menu and collect some of our best recipes.
3. The U.S. has destroyed their countries and their homes and they are trying to escape the carnage.

The reason they choose one country over another one is because of the best bet benefits where they don't need to do any work ...... but if the U.S. wasn't wreaking havoc right around the world those people (and many others) would have stayed home. Now they have no home to go to, thanks to shit-fer-brains treachery.

Jesus in heaven you are a silly girl!
Keep talking. Your anti-Americanism...
Who said I am "anti-American?"
... is one big reason we have Trump,..
Who said I disapprove of Trump?
... and one big reason we are done supporting Europe as your de facto military.
Take your NATO and stick it where the sun don't shine. My country isn't a NATO member anyway and never will be if I have anything say about it.
Good luck when the Muslims turn on you. Don't call us, we'll call you.
Well, ain't you the biggest joke of the month. Why do you think the Moslems are on the move in the first place? Duh? You get a multiple choice, you lucky girl:

1. They are looking for cooler temperatures.
2. They've heard so many wonderful things about the taste of pork they decided to come to Europe to sample our menu and collect some of our best recipes.
3. The U.S. has destroyed their countries and their homes and they are trying to escape the carnage.

The reason they choose one country over another one is because of the best bet benefits where they don't need to do any work ...... but if the U.S. wasn't wreaking havoc right around the world those people (and many others) would have stayed home. Now they have no home to go to, thanks to shit-fer-brains treachery.

Right not anti-American at all

Why are you on USMB anyway?

I don't know if I agree that the statue is harmful but I think Americans ought to stop mean-mouthing the French and quit making silly statements like "You'd be speaking German if not for us."
They probably would not be speaking German if not for us.
I do speak German ..... as well as English, French, Spanish, and my own language. You see, over here we think of it as a good thing to speak other languages. Apparently Americans don't think so. Anyway, "You'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us" is a really stupid thing to say. When Hitler was doing his worse, the Germans told us, "You'll be speaking English if we lose the war". They were right.

Are you feeling OK ? If the US had not "amounted to" saving your hides in World War II, you wouldn't exist right now.
My country existed all through World War II without a single American set foot in my country except for those we rescued from the air and sea.
(not to mention paying your NATO bill all these years). You're welcome.
Thank God and my vote ... my country is not a NATO member and never has been. You can take NATO and shove it.
And BTW, where did that personal computer you're typing on, come from ?
You mean as an invention? From England.

Any further questions? :290968001256257790-final:

Oh hell yeah! Get em otta here before they squat down and shoot out yet another life long welfare recipient and or future gang member. And score a twofer in the process.
“Give me your tired, your poor,
in 1883, the Chinese Exclusion Act became the first federal law that limited immigration from a particular group
I didn't know that but I shouldn't be surprised. Up and into the 1970's the U.S. was still conducting secret experiments with their own black war veterans .... injecting them with syphilis and watching them die. "RACISM" may not be an American invention but they certainly have excelled at employing it to the full.

That was spoken in 1883, wen the US population was 50 Million. 15% of what it is now.

US needs to get rid of the Statue of Liberty, a relic long past its time, and now harmful to America,

By VI-AN NGUYEN @vian_nguyen

(Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

More than 12 million immigrants entered the U.S. through the Ellis Island gateway from 1892 to 1954, with its majestic neighbor, the Statue of Liberty, welcoming them home. (Find out if your family came through Ellis Island by searching the passenger list.)

In honor of the Fourth of July, Parade asked Elizabeth Mitchell, author of the book Liberty’s Torch, an account of the Statue of Liberty’s bumpy history and the life of her creator, Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, to reveal some little-known facts about America’s most famous monument.

We take the iconic Statue of Liberty for granted—it’s the perfect backdrop for celebrations of American patriotism. But few people know the fascinating story of how she came to be and how one quirky visionary, Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, battled naysayers, engineering impossibilities and a raging storm during transport to put the Lady on her feet in New York harbor.

My book, Liberty’s Torch: The Great Adventure to Build the Statue of Liberty, tells the improbable journey of the statue from one artist’s whimsical inspiration to the feverish labors of supporters from Gustave Eiffel to Mark Twain to the penny donors of old New York tenements.

Here are just 10 of the little-known facts about America’s colossus:

1. The Statue of Liberty was not a gift from France to America.
We have all heard the shorthand that implies that the statue was exchanged government to government. In fact, Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, a mid-career statue maker, decided to pitch a country he had never visited before on his vision to build a massive lighthouse in the shape of a woman. In his diaries and letters, he described his journey to all corners of America, from Niagara Falls to Washington, D.C., from Chicago to Los Angeles, to explore this exotic land and drum up support.

When no significant government funding emerged, he contrived every possible fundraising strategy himself. He put on spectacles of wonder in Paris, charged visitors admission to watch the statue’s construction in a dusty workshop, sold souvenirs, and petitioned the French government to let him run a national lottery.

In the end it was Joseph Pulitzer, the American newspaper magnate, who helped him finish the job by printing the names of every person who donated even a penny to the cause. This strategy rapidly boosted the circulation of Pulitzer’s newspaper when readers bought a copy simply to see their names in the paper—a brilliant marketing strategy.

(Getty Image)

The Statue of Liberty was not a gift from France to America. The Statue was originally designed for the Suez Canal in Egypt. Bartholdi did not craft the basic design of Liberty specifically for America. The Egypt deal fell through, so Bartholdi decided to adventure to America to pitch his colossus. The statue was originally supposed to be a lighthouse. It has served its purpose and needs to be put rest. No longer apply to us and never did.

The Statue of Liberty was not a gift from France to America. The Statue was originally designed for the Suez Canal in Egypt. Bartholdi did not craft the basic design of Liberty specifically for America. The Egypt deal fell through, so Bartholdi decided to adventure to America to pitch his colossus. The statue was originally supposed to be a lighthouse. It has served its purpose and needs to be put rest. No longer apply to us and never did.
Troi oi!

That was spoken in 1883, wen the US population was 50 Million. 15% of what it is now.

US needs to get rid of the Statue of Liberty, a relic long past its time, and now harmful to America,

By VI-AN NGUYEN @vian_nguyen

More than 12 million immigrants entered the U.S. through the Ellis Island gateway from 1892 to 1954, with its majestic neighbor, the Statue of Liberty, welcoming them home. (Find out if your family came through Ellis Island by searching the passenger list.)

In honor of the Fourth of July, Parade asked Elizabeth Mitchell, author of the book Liberty’s Torch, an account of the Statue of Liberty’s bumpy history and the life of her creator, Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, to reveal some little-known facts about America’s most famous monument.

We take the iconic Statue of Liberty for granted—it’s the perfect backdrop for celebrations of American patriotism. But few people know the fascinating story of how she came to be and how one quirky visionary, Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, battled naysayers, engineering impossibilities and a raging storm during transport to put the Lady on her feet in New York harbor.

My book, Liberty’s Torch: The Great Adventure to Build the Statue of Liberty, tells the improbable journey of the statue from one artist’s whimsical inspiration to the feverish labors of supporters from Gustave Eiffel to Mark Twain to the penny donors of old New York tenements.

Here are just 10 of the little-known facts about America’s colossus:

1. The Statue of Liberty was not a gift from France to America.
We have all heard the shorthand that implies that the statue was exchanged government to government. In fact, Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, a mid-career statue maker, decided to pitch a country he had never visited before on his vision to build a massive lighthouse in the shape of a woman. In his diaries and letters, he described his journey to all corners of America, from Niagara Falls to Washington, D.C., from Chicago to Los Angeles, to explore this exotic land and drum up support.

When no significant government funding emerged, he contrived every possible fundraising strategy himself. He put on spectacles of wonder in Paris, charged visitors admission to watch the statue’s construction in a dusty workshop, sold souvenirs, and petitioned the French government to let him run a national lottery.

In the end it was Joseph Pulitzer, the American newspaper magnate, who helped him finish the job by printing the names of every person who donated even a penny to the cause. This strategy rapidly boosted the circulation of Pulitzer’s newspaper when readers bought a copy simply to see their names in the paper—a brilliant marketing strategy.

(Getty Image)

Bartholdi was desperate to sell his project to anyone. He tried unsuccessfully for years to find a buyer in various countries and the US was his last opportunity to do so.

Funny that more Americans don't know this.

Bartholdi was desperate to sell his project to anyone. He tried unsuccessfully for years to find a buyer in various countries and the US was his last opportunity to do so.
Something is wrong with this statement or the whole story. The statue wasn't SOLD to the U.S. It was a gift.

Something is wrong with this statement or the whole story. The statue wasn't SOLD to the U.S. It was a gift.

Read and learn. Here is a short, easy to read version of how we wound up with the Statue of Liberty:

"At Paris world’s fair of 1867, he met with the Khedive, the leader of Egypt, and proposed creating a work as wondrous as the pyramids or sphinxes. He then designed a colossal woman holding up a lamp and wearing the loose fitting dress of a fellah, a slave, to stand as a lighthouse at the entrance of the Suez Canal. The Egypt deal fell through, so Bartholdi decided to adventure to America to pitch his colossus."

10 Things You Didn't Know About the Statue of Liberty (She Was Almost Gold!)

Read and learn. Here is a short, easy to read version of how we wound up with the Statue of Liberty:

"At Paris world’s fair of 1867, he met with the Khedive, the leader of Egypt, and proposed creating a work as wondrous as the pyramids or sphinxes. He then designed a colossal woman holding up a lamp and wearing the loose fitting dress of a fellah, a slave, to stand as a lighthouse at the entrance of the Suez Canal. The Egypt deal fell through, so Bartholdi decided to adventure to America to pitch his colossus."

Here is another short overview:

"Laboulaye raised money through private donors and a lottery and commissioned a young sculptor named Auguste Bartholdi, who quickly saw this as a chance to recycle an old idea. On a trip to Egypt years before, Bartholdi had proposed an epic sculpture at Alexandria of a woman holding a lamp, one arm aloft, wearing a sort of toga.

Egypt didn’t bite. Laboulaye and the Americans did. So began a long, awkward courtship between the sculptor and the U.S.

Though he traveled widely in the U.S. and admired much that he saw, Elizabeth Mitchell noted that Bartholdi also once wrote to France that “America is an adorable woman chewing tobacco.”"
Think you know the Statue of Liberty? Think again

Can you feel the love?

Read and understand. It was a gift to the U.S. I don't give a newt's haemorrhoid about who it was intended for. If I cared about that I would probably read the evidence and presumably find it factual.

"Laboulaye raised money through private donors and a lottery and commissioned a young sculptor named Auguste Bartholdi, who quickly saw this as a chance to recycle an old idea. On a trip to Egypt years before, Bartholdi had proposed an epic sculpture at Alexandria of a woman holding a lamp, one arm aloft, wearing a sort of toga.

Egypt didn’t bite. Laboulaye and the Americans did. So began a long, awkward courtship between the sculptor and the U.S.

Though he traveled widely in the U.S. and admired much that he saw, Elizabeth Mitchell noted that Bartholdi also once wrote to France that “America is an adorable woman chewing tobacco.”"

Can you feel the love?

One day on the Pont de Grenelle I overheard some American tourists exclaim, "The nerve of those fucking bastards copying our Statue of Liberty!"

Pont de Grenelle.jpg

Can you feel the love?

One day on the Pont de Grenelle I overheard some American tourists exclaim, "The nerve of those fucking bastards copying our Statue of Liberty!"

View attachment 276865

You seem to know as much as those American tourists.

You must know what prompted de Laboulaye to use crowd source funding to build the statue given that the French government of the time refused to contribute to the project? How about Bartholdi's efforts to raise money?

Too fking funny.

if the U.S. wasn't wreaking havoc right around the world those people (and many others) would have stayed home. Now they have no home to go to, thanks to shit-fer-brains treachery.
One little problem with that theory, genius. Muslim marauders have been immigrating and attacking people all over the world for 1400 years, because their Koran commanded them to do that.

During this time, they have killed 270 million people around the world, and forced many millions more to become Muslims. Most people living today who call themselves Muslims, are that only because their non-Muslim ancestors were forced to become Muslims, at the point of a sword.

Hell of a way for someone to call himself a Muslim.

I do speak German ..... as well as English, French, Spanish, and my own language. You see, over here we think of it as a good thing to speak other languages. Apparently Americans don't think so. Anyway, "You'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us" is a really stupid thing to say. When Hitler was doing his worse, the Germans told us, "You'll be speaking English if we lose the war". They were right.
He meant that England was going to conquer France and Britainize it. He lied. He knew that wouldn't happen, if he lost the war, and it didn't happen.

And if England had ever wanted to conquer France, they could have done it in the 1690's with King William III, the battle warrior King, over his long-time enemy King Louis XIV.
William_III_of_England.jpg

Forum List

Back