Dexter Revisited...Were you aware?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Last night I randomly came across a new episode of Dexter. I had no idea it had been produced. It picks him up ten years after his leaving Miami, where he is now a well-established local in a small Upstate NY town. Hasn't killed anyone in ten years. Just a typical well-liked local.

For the first few years after Dexter went off the air I checked around occasionally for any word that it was going to be continued, but it was all speculation.

I thought the writing was good, and consistent with the previous version. Definitely worth picking up again if you were a Dexter fan. It's on SHOWTIME.

OoooOOOOOooooOooh.

I actually liked that show.

That is a rarity I assure you.

I might watch that one.

Last night I randomly came across a new episode of Dexter. I had no idea it had been produced. It picks him up ten years after his leaving Miami, where he is now a well-established local in a small Upstate NY town. Hasn't killed anyone in ten years. Just a typical well-liked local.

For the first few years after Dexter went off the air I checked around occasionally for any word that it was going to be continued, but it was all speculation.

I thought the writing was good, and consistent with the previous version. Definitely worth picking up again if you were a Dexter fan. It's on SHOWTIME.
Yes, saw it advertised a month or so ago and knew it was coming out soon. It was a great show all except the last episode so glad they have put together another season

Yes.

The continuation of the series was hinted at, on the final episode of the first series run.

The original series ends with Dexter living in a cabin in the woods. Giving the impression he's a logger or has some such job.

And thats where the new series is supposed to continue from, only a few years later.

I can't wait to start watching the new series.

Yep… loved it, but I kinda didn’t like how it ended.
Yeah, well 10 episodes seems to be the limit on any "season" so looks like they had to bring it to an earlier ending than I would have liked. Maybe another season???

For those who saw it, I'm afraid I missed how the Deputy ended up getting shot in the head when the Deputy's pistol was pointed behind him, at Dexter. That was the key event in the final episode, because killing the wrestling coach - obviously a person who was blameless - was what ultimately turned Harrison against Dexter.

And of course Dexter didn't even attempt to defend himself to Harrison, even though the killing was accidental (maybe not legally, but morally).

For those who saw it, I'm afraid I missed how the Deputy ended up getting shot in the head when the Deputy's pistol was pointed behind him, at Dexter. That was the key event in the final episode, because killing the wrestling coach - obviously a person who was blameless - was what ultimately turned Harrison against Dexter.

And of course Dexter didn't even attempt to defend himself to Harrison, even though the killing was accidental (maybe not legally, but morally).
I didn't think he got shot in the head....I knew he fired a shot behind Dexter and I thought that Dexter just continued to exert pressure on the chokehold and killed him that way. The coach had blood on his head from slamming into the bars.

It looked to me like the Deputy was bleeding from the head, and there is no way the neck pressure would have killed him allofasudden, like it did.

Forum List

Back