Detroit is bankrupt and nobody gives it a thought.

^^^^^^^Another bigot post.

It's only bigotted if it's not the truth. Is there a white neighborhood that is in such bad shape that matches Detroit and is bankrupt? Serious question BTW.

Just the whole state of California. But you know that doesn't mean his wasn't a bigot post. And yours doesn't justify it either, only makes you a bird of a feather. But then, you knew that. It's safe you two to hide behind your computers and say that crap. But one day you'll slip up in public, and end up missing some teeth. Just thought I'd say I told you so now, so you'll remember when it happens.

I'm sorry but the entire state of CA does not look as bad as Detroit, not even close. Try again. What White neighborhood looks as bad as Detroit and is bankrupt? What's with the hostility, I only asked you to back up your statement with fact not emotion. You said the comment was bigoted, but it's not if it's the truth.

It's only bigotted if it's not the truth. Is there a white neighborhood that is in such bad shape that matches Detroit and is bankrupt? Serious question BTW.

Just the whole state of California. But you know that doesn't mean his wasn't a bigot post. And yours doesn't justify it either, only makes you a bird of a feather. But then, you knew that. It's safe you two to hide behind your computers and say that crap. But one day you'll slip up in public, and end up missing some teeth. Just thought I'd say I told you so now, so you'll remember when it happens.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Kansas rely entirely upon charity from Blue States to stay solvent. They've never been able to pay their own way, and they're chocked full o' white folks.

Detroit went under because of the demise of American manufacturing (thanks largely to pro-corporate "free market" legislation) and the government shut down of labor unions since 1980. It's not a race issue unless that's all you can think about.

Can't you people read? The question is: is there a white city/Neighborhood that looks as bad as Detroit and is bankrupt. OK,NE and KS are STATES not city's or neighborhoods, and no they don't look as bad as Detroit. Have you seen pictures of Detroit? looks like a bomb went off.

BTW I live in the 4th wealthiest state in the Union,A blue state, I've never heard of paying the way for those states. Most of the time we are just trying to keep our own state solvent.

Was just there Saturday. What they have done to Detroit is amazing. They have really revitalized the downtown area. The surrounding areas are still really really bad but parts of Downtown are looking incredible . Its not even the same city I saw over 10 years ago.

There were tons of white people shopping and eating downtown. I'm pulling for the city........

Detroit is majority black. Is anyone surprised it's bankrupt?

Detriot's bankrupcy has nothing to do with blacks living there.

It has everything to do with Democrats living there.
Just another moron holier than thou "self professed" "so called" christian liar. Jesus told you greed was good, didn't he. You're about as much a christian, as I'm God almighty.

Unions over charging the automakers is what led to the demise of that industry. Im glad their greed cost them their jobs. Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of the country.

The greed is with the CEO's stealing the profits, while making inferior autos. When American cars turn to junk in less than 100,000 miles, intelligent buyers are going to buy Honda's and Toyota's that last 500,000 miles. THAT is why U.S. auto corporations went down to perdition.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Kansas rely entirely upon charity from Blue States to stay solvent. They've never been able to pay their own way, and they're chocked full o' white folks.
I
Detroit went under because of the demise of American manufacturing (thanks largely to pro-corporate "free market" legislation) and the government shut down of labor unions since 1980. It's not a race issue unless that's all you can think about.

Unions over charging the automakers is what led to the demise of that industry. Im glad their greed cost them their jobs. Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of the country.

And that lesson being that workers should work for less and shut the fuck up.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Spoken like a true corporate flunky. Workers in one hundred cities across America are striking today. They've had enough of your banana republic.

The dominoes are starting to fall. Bail out Wall Street, bail out banks, bail out auto corporations, but look the other way when major cities go down. You just gonna move when it happens to your town? Turning your back is the downfall of your own country.

http://http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/03/detroit-bankruptcy-eligibility/3849833/

why give it a second thought

it is the natural outcome for leftist policies

i mean if you wanted to see the "future" of Detroit years ago

you could have simply observed the Reservations

and seen how massive government intervention

destroys a peoples

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqr9xsUn-ks]Native Americans Living in Desperate Poverty - YouTube[/ame]

Just another moron holier than thou "self professed" "so called" christian liar. Jesus told you greed was good, didn't he. You're about as much a christian, as I'm God almighty.

The greed is with the CEO's stealing the profits, while making inferior autos. When American cars turn to junk in less than 100,000 miles, intelligent buyers are going to buy Honda's and Toyota's that last 500,000 miles. THAT is why U.S. auto corporations went down to perdition.
I don't mean to rain on anybody's pity party, but Unions, to procure a little of that greedy gain demanded and got $125 an hour for rewarding themselves, rendering the companies unable to be competitive in the marketplace, and it's all the greedy company's fault. :rolleyes:

Who's the most greedy, again? A company that makes its stock a guaranteed supplier of operating capital that ensures steady work, or a deaf Union leadership?

I'm sorry but the entire state of CA does not look as bad as Detroit, not even close. Try again. What White neighborhood looks as bad as Detroit and is bankrupt? What's with the hostility, I only asked you to back up your statement with fact not emotion. You said the comment was bigoted, but it's not if it's the truth.

White people have decent jobs, black don't. The neighborhoods are going to look nicer. But you know I was talking about the debt, not the look of the housing. California is bankrupt. The bottom has dropped out of the real estate there. All their homes are now worth half of what they payed. You're as dishonest as you are bigoted.

Was just there Saturday. What they have done to Detroit is amazing. They have really revitalized the downtown area. The surrounding areas are still really really bad but parts of Downtown are looking incredible . Its not even the same city I saw over 10 years ago.

There were tons of white people shopping and eating downtown. I'm pulling for the city........

As am I. But unless they change the culture there, the revitalizatoin of the downtown area will merely be a cosmetic surgery that treats a symptom and not the problem.

Im lying because I've pointed out that Democrats have run Detriot virtually undisputed for the last 50 years and the town has gone to hell because of it?

Or am I lying because I said the problem isn't that blacks live there? I don't believe in racist nonsense. I didn't think you did either.

And that lesson being that workers should work for less and shut the fuck up.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Spoken like a true corporate flunky. Workers in one hundred cities across America are striking today. They've had enough of your banana republic.

Im pretty sure Mr Clean was being sarcastic.

The dominoes are starting to fall. Bail out Wall Street, bail out banks, bail out auto corporations, but look the other way when major cities go down. You just gonna move when it happens to your town? Turning your back is the downfall of your own country.

http://http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/03/detroit-bankruptcy-eligibility/3849833/

Some thoughts from someone who lives here. I'm not happy with the ruling, I don't think the debt is as bad as has been reported but the issue has now been settled in court so that's what we have now.

The pensioners are going to hold up the ruling in court and that's good, it should happen, but the things the manager thought he could do won't happen now due to the impending lawsuits...that's bad. We need to move on but we can't because the pensioners have a Constitutional argument to make in court and that will put a hold on a lot of projects.

Letting a major city declare bankruptcy when they aren't really bankrupt is a bad idea, it sets a bad precedent. I don't think it's good for society for cities to say that they don't have any money and have legal protection from their debts. This is a horrible ruling for that reason.

This ruling focuses attention where it shouldn't be, on the government...and the government won't get us out of this, the people will. And with government comes partisan bullshit. Leave us be to handle our business.

Forum List

Back