Despite What You Might Think

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
When many people reference students living and going to school in urban areas, they often talk only in negative terms. People only talk about the problems or the occasional incident. I've seen sheltered suburbanites stumble around looking as if they fear for their lives when they so much as pass through the district I teach in.

I'm here to tell you that there are an awful lot of great kids working extremely hard under extremely challenging circumstances in many urban areas. I get more "yes sir," "no, sir," "thank you sir" in the (very) urban school system I teach in than I ever got in the wealthiest of suburbs.

Just something to think about.

When many people reference students living and going to school in urban areas, they often talk only in negative terms. People only talk about the problems or the occasional incident. I've seen sheltered suburbanites stumble around looking as if they fear for their lives when they so much as pass through the district I teach in.

I'm here to tell you that there are an awful lot of great kids working extremely hard under extremely challenging circumstances in many urban areas. I get more "yes sir," "no, sir," "thank you sir" in the (very) urban school system I teach in than I ever got in the wealthiest of suburbs.

Ah, yes, but like terrorists and school shooters, it is the few that make it bad for the rest,

Liberal Hypocrisy1.jpg

Forum List

Back