Desantis v. Newsom debate...will Newsom show up?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I don't know.......he might do this, I don't know if he would get permission from the democrats to do this just yet...but we will see.......

there is more than a good chance newsom will back out....either the democrats will order him to not do it, or he will chicken out....

DeSantis made a smart move yesterday by accepting the challenge to debate California Governor Gavin Newsom one-on-one.

I don't know.......he might do this, I don't know if he would get permission from the democrats to do this just yet...but we will see.......

there is more than a good chance newsom will back out....either the democrats will order him to not do it, or he will chicken out....

DeSantis made a smart move yesterday by accepting the challenge to debate California Governor Gavin Newsom one-on-one.

Except Newsom isn't running for President. Normally, you debate the people who are running for President. Specifically, in Ronny's case, Donald Trump...and we all know he won't say cross word about him. Or be able to get around in the primaries.
Just like all the other Republican pussies...erm...candidates...yeah. :)

Except Newsom isn't running for President. Normally, you debate the people who are running for President. Specifically, in Ronny's case, Donald Trump...and we all know he won't say cross word about him. Or be able to get around in the primaries.
Just like all the other Republican pussies...erm...candidates...yeah. :)

You can debate anyone you want to, as long as they accept the challenge.

Debates don't have to be Presidential Debates.

Only problem is, at least initially, the date was set to be November.

By then, will DeSantis still even be running?

I mean, it won't be anywhere near as interesting if he isn't.

I don't necessarily buy into the hype he's done, I'm waiting til the first debate or two.

Just sayin'.

True.

But we both know they're playing the role of frenemies in an attempt to garner attention for their respective presidential ambitions.

Why the hell else do it?

As Newsom isn't running for President, it's pointless. And won't score any points with people who are already leaning in Trump's direction. In fact, this makes Ron look like a pussy for not taking on the front runner directly.

Ron is pretty desperate for a date... Harris last week, Newsom this week...

Ron wants a date for proof of life... He just wants the visuals of him fighting a Democrat...

As Newsom isn't running for President, it's pointless. And won't score any points with people who are already leaning in Trump's direction. In fact, this makes Ron look like a pussy for not taking on the front runner directly.

It's Governor on Governor action. I'd watch it.

I don't necessarily buy into the hype he's done, I'm waiting til the first debate or two.

Just sayin'.

Desantis hasn't even started........they, and Trump, .underestimate him at their peril.........he has created one of the strongest ground games in the first 4 states.........

No....people will tune in to watch him take down gruesome......

True.

But we both know they're playing the role of frenemies in an attempt to garner attention for their respective presidential ambitions.

Why the hell else do it?

If Newsom shows, and does have the White House in his sights, he'll have to show where/how he differs from Biden. I don't think Newsom will show, unless he's actually thinking about running.

Xiden will croak by Christmas ( Or Impeachment Vote will squeak by )

The Senate won't find Biden guilty. So it's a waste of time. Not that Biden doesn't need to go. But it'll end up like the Trump impeachments.

Just sayin'.

The debates are scripted and boring. I'm hoping Tucker will hold a debate on his twitter.

The Senate won't find Biden guilty. So it's a waste of time. Not that Biden needs to go. But it'll end up like the Trump impeachments.

I agree.

Realpolitik dictates that letting the Dems get hoisted by their own petard is a superior strategy to an ambitious impeachment campaign.

Even if that involves a minor internecine squabble to keep our own rabble rousers at bay just a tad longer. ;)

Forum List

Back