DeSantis defeating Trump in the 2024 primary and running as "Trump minus the negatives" is a nice dream, but won't happen, poll results show

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Former President Trump holds at 17-point lead over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in a hypothetical GOP primary match-up, according to a new poll.

A Morning Consult poll released Wednesday showed Trump with 48 percent support among potential Republican primary voters, followed by DeSantis with 31 percent. Trump’s front-runner position differs from some polls since the November midterm elections, which have shown DeSantis closing the gap with Trump or taking a lead in some cases.

Former Vice President Mike Pence came in third with 8 percent, followed by former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) with 3 percent. Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) both received 2 percent.

1674089721633.png

The only question at this point is whether any Republican will even take the time to run. If one does, it will only be to get in the spotlight in advance of a 2028 run. I predict that race will be among the two younger ones, DeSantis and Haley. Cheney might actually run in 2024 and 2026, just to be doing something, and to get money from Democrat PAC's.

Former President Trump holds at 17-point lead over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in a hypothetical GOP primary match-up, according to a new poll.

A Morning Consult poll released Wednesday showed Trump with 48 percent support among potential Republican primary voters, followed by DeSantis with 31 percent. Trump’s front-runner position differs from some polls since the November midterm elections, which have shown DeSantis closing the gap with Trump or taking a lead in some cases.

Former Vice President Mike Pence came in third with 8 percent, followed by former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) with 3 percent. Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) both received 2 percent.

View attachment 748635

The only question at this point is whether any Republican will even take the time to run. If one does, it will only be to get in the spotlight in advance of a 2028 run. I predict that race will be among the two younger ones, DeSantis and Haley. Cheney might actually run in 2024 and 2026, just to be doing something, and to get money from Democrat PAC's.
Yes, please run with Trump, I beg you.

View attachment 748635

Either the Republicans will run someone else, or they will lose, again.

Yes, please run with Trump, I beg you.

Trumps too liberal. DeSantis has a record of vetoing spending. Trump doesn't. The only record that Trump has is by spending more than 95% of all presidents combined.

BTW, Trump loves to be begged.

Forum List

Back