Dershowitz is up

For those that think abuse of power or that obstruction is not a relevant to presidential impeachment, I have these questions:

1. If a future president attempts a coup is that an abuse of power?
2. If a president decides to declassify our nuclear codes is that an abuse of power?
3. If a president makes calls to foreign leaders to enhance private business deals is that an abuse of power?

Now there is school of thought that abuse of process and obstruction of Congress are crimes. Common law crimes.

See: Opinion | Don’t Be Confused by Trump’s Defense. What He Is Accused of Are Crimes.

Dershowitz has quoted Mr. Bowie as someone who supports his position that abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are not crimes . Mr, Bowie does not.

Your dumb assed post should be removed for it's absurdity as NONE of what you brought up applies to the current situation. So why don't you spend some time learning how to be a man, and quit engaging in hysterics, hyperbole, and theatrics? Maybe if your mascara was running you'd get some sympathy in your corner of Libphuckistan, but not here.

Well, just answer my questions. Dershowitz says abuse of power is not impeachable. PERIOD. I gave hypotheticals. Answer my questions if you dare. You can just write agree or disagree.

2. If a president decides to declassify our nuclear codes is that an abuse of power?
3. If a president makes calls to foreign leaders to enhance private business deals is that an abuse of power?

I am honestly just curious.

How do you honestly perceive these two videos?
Check out these links..
video obama with russian ambassador

Joe Biden Brags about getting Ukranian Prosecutor Fired

Biden had the backing of the EU, the US and International Organizations in his pressuring the removal of Shokin. Trump's actions were purely for personal and political gain.

So people taking bribes, getting kickbacks from foreign aid, and who were involved in money laundering wanted the Attorney General of the Ukraine who was investigating corruption fired, and called him corrupt when lobbying for his being removed.

Yet Shokin has his law license still, has never been charged with a crime, and is still practicing law in Ukraine, while a man like Bill Clinton has no Law License & The Former President of Ukraine which was proven to be corrupt who The Obama Administration spent Billions of Dollars to keep in power, fled with his associates to Russia when an Anti-Corruption Government was elected in The Ukraine.

Shokin was fired by the Ukrainian president. Not only was the EU, IMF and others for Sokin's sacking but there were street protests wanting his removal for corruption. Contrast with Trump who sought dirt on a domestic political opponent.

Last edited:
For those that think abuse of power or that obstruction is not a relevant to presidential impeachment, I have these questions:

Now there is school of thought that abuse of process and obstruction of Congress are crimes. Common law crimes.

See: Opinion | Don’t Be Confused by Trump’s Defense. What He Is Accused of Are Crimes.

Dershowitz has quoted Mr. Bowie as someone who supports his position that abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are not crimes . Mr, Bowie does not.

I\

Bullshit the only ones attempting a coup here are the Democrats and that's proven fact and you're one of them. Guess what that makes you?

Your dumb assed post should be removed for it's absurdity as NONE of what you brought up applies to the current situation. So why don't you spend some time learning how to be a man, and quit engaging in hysterics, hyperbole, and theatrics? Maybe if your mascara was running you'd get some sympathy in your corner of Libphuckistan, but not here.

Well, just answer my questions. Dershowitz says abuse of power is not impeachable. PERIOD. I gave hypotheticals. Answer my questions if you dare. You can just write agree or disagree.

Check out these links..

Biden had the backing of the EU, the US and International Organizations in his pressuring the removal of Shokin. Trump's actions were purely for personal and political gain.

So people taking bribes, getting kickbacks from foreign aid, and who were involved in money laundering wanted the Attorney General of the Ukraine who was investigating corruption fired, and called him corrupt when lobbying for his being removed.

Yet Shokin has his law license still, has never been charged with a crime, and is still practicing law in Ukraine, while a man like Bill Clinton has no Law License & The Former President of Ukraine which was proven to be corrupt who The Obama Administration spent Billions of Dollars to keep in power, fled with his associates to Russia when an Anti-Corruption Government was elected in The Ukraine.

Shokin was fired by the Ukrainian president. Not only was the EU, IMF and others for Sokin's sacking but there were street protests wanting his removal for corruption. Contrast with Trump who sough dirt on a domestic political opponent.

Shokin has his Law License, and The People he was investigating Fled in to the loving Arms of Vladimir Putin, and you are defending those people, and are defending a Corrupt Company called Burisma who was involved in and being investigated for Money Laundering and Bribery by Several Countries.

You are on The Side of Lawlessness.
Thinking yourself wise, you have become a fool.

I\

Bullshit the only ones attempting a coup here are the Democrats and that's proven fact and you're one of them. Guess what that makes you?
Honestly take a deep breathe and read my post again . There is no need to go off the deep end.

I\

Honestly take a deep breathe and read my post again . There is no need to go off the deep end.
Why should anyone read or put upon themselves, the woven fabric of a spinner of lies? To wear such a garment made by such a dishonorable man will dishonor anyone that puts it on.

The white glove thrown upon the mud does not make the mud clean, it makes the glove muddy.

I love how the left hate him all of a sudden.

What does this guy know about the Constitution?
Not very much.

Why did the founders put in impeachment & impeachment is just over turning an election.

Why bother writing the powers of the President if abuse of power has no repercussions?

Check out these links..

Shokin was fired by the Ukrainian president. Not only was the EU, IMF and others for Sokin's sacking but there were street protests wanting his removal for corruption. Contrast with Trump who sough dirt on a domestic political opponent.

Shokin has his Law License, and The People he was investigating Fled in to the loving Arms of Vladimir Putin, and you are defending those people, and are defending a Corrupt Company called Burisma who was involved in and being investigated for Money Laundering and Bribery by Several Companies.

You are on The Side of Lawlessness.
Thinking yourself wise, you have become a fool.

Your post is wrong. there was no investigation into Burisma when Shokin was fired. That investigation concluded years before.

The inside story of Ukraine’s ‘very good’ prosecutor at the centre of Trump's latest scandal

Not very much.

Why did the founders put in impeachment & impeachment is just over turning an election.

Why bother writing the powers of the President if abuse of power has no repercussions?

TDS level 10.

Thinks he knows more about the Constitution than Dershowitz.

If it was HIllary being impeached, you wouldn’t be saying that.

Not very much.

TDS level 10.

Here is the flaw in your logic. Dershowitz made a fine presentation on Constitutional law for his client. It was not meant to be impartial but to advocate. There is plenty to disagree with what Dershowitz said. Hell, even Dershowitz disagrees with Dershowitz. He said he was mistaken in 1999 when he said you did not need a crime to impeach. I could make an argument he was right in 1999 and is making this reversal purely because he is representing his client. BTW, which he is.

Dershowitz is obviously not smart enough to grasp the Democrat's Grand Unification Theory "Orange Man Bad" . If anything bad happens, it's Trump's fault. If Trump does anything, it's bad.
We grasp the following:
1) Using federal funds as leverage to gain political dirt from a foreign leader is illegal
2) Firing Comey because he is investigating the President's Russian ties is obstruction of justice
3) Illegally with holding subpoenaed information is obstruction of Jiustice
4) Lying every fucking day to the American people IS bad
5) Running up the deficit to back over a trillion is bad
6) Allowing for dirtier air & mote polluted water is bad
7) Selling off our national parks & sanctuaries is bad
8) Have over 20 women accuse him of improper sexual advances is bad
9) Being accused of child rape is bad
10) Trashing our military leaders & veterans is bad
11) Keeping his travel expenses secret is bad
12) Stealing children at the border is bad
13) Throwing people off food stamps is bad
14) Cutting Medicaid os bad
15) Using his personal lawyer to do country's business is bad
Is that enough?

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

Not very much.

TDS level 10.

His argument was stupid & against the Constitution.

Dershowitz is obviously not smart enough to grasp the Democrat's Grand Unification Theory "Orange Man Bad" . If anything bad happens, it's Trump's fault. If Trump does anything, it's bad.
We grasp the following:
1) Using federal funds as leverage to gain political dirt from a foreign leader is illegal
2) Firing Comey because he is investigating the President's Russian ties is obstruction of justice
3) Illegally with holding subpoenaed information is obstruction of Jiustice
4) Lying every fucking day to the American people IS bad
5) Running up the deficit to back over a trillion is bad
6) Allowing for dirtier air & mote polluted water is bad
7) Selling off our national parks & sanctuaries is bad
8) Have over 20 women accuse him of improper sexual advances is bad
9) Being accused of child rape is bad
10) Trashing our military leaders & veterans is bad
11) Keeping his travel expenses secret is bad
12) Stealing children at the border is bad
13) Throwing people off food stamps is bad
14) Cutting Medicaid os bad
15) Using his personal lawyer to do country's business is bad
Is that enough?
Will it ever be?

The bottom line here is power. Republicans want to stay in power and they'll do pretty much anything to keep it - including following an unhinged populist because he has the dummies enthralled. As long as Trump has the mouth-breathers in his pocket, Republicans will play along.

Not very much.

TDS level 10.

His argument was stupid & against the Constitution.

We have a level 11. Dave needs to be quarantined!

Not very much.

TDS level 10.

Dershowitz says whatever he needs to say to help his clients whether they’re murderers, child rapists or corrupt politicians.

Not very much.

TDS level 10.

Here is the flaw in your logic. Dershowitz made a fine presentation on Constitutional law for his client. It was not meant to be impartial but to advocate. There is plenty to disagree with what Dershowitz said. Hell, even Dershowitz disagrees with Dershowitz. He said he was mistaken in 1999 when he said you did not need a crime to impeach. I could make an argument he was right in 1999 and is making this reversal purely because he is representing his client. BTW, which he is.

I watched Dershowitz entire presentation on C-Span last night and for most of it was extremely entranced by his knowledge, scholarship and above all bipartisanship! He voted for Democrats. But he first of all loves America, the Constitution and truth!
What he said regarding "quid pro quo" is TRUE! All Presidents from Washington to Trump ask for something in return. And according to Dershowitz partisans attacked these presidents for abuse of power..BUT NEVER ever brought FDR,Wilson, Kennedy, Johnson,et.al. to the point of impeachment.

And he pointed out that the house management didn't use logic, facts, but passion and politics to bring impeachment.
One of the major points Dershowitz pointed out was the role the Supreme court has in refereeing the issues legality i.e. why didn't the
Democrat controlled House allow the executive branch to contest with the courts subpoenas etc.? The GOP allowed in Clinton to have
SCOTUS determine and that is what the Constitutional founders proffered.

Bottom line... the majority of Americans recognize the impeachment as a total political rationale.

Not very much.

TDS level 10.

Dershowitz says whatever he needs to say to help his clients whether they’re murderers, child rapists or corrupt politicians.

Sorry that you are so biased you can't be honest. Dershowitz to me is an American first, Democrat second.

Forum List

Back