Denzel Washington- 'Movies Are Not Difficult. Send Your Son to Iraq. That's Difficult'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What a great quote.

You know when you see a talented actors or musician, and maybe you don't ever meet them but you think "I wonder what this persons personality is like". You hear them in an interview or whatever and you are disappointed.

I'm always pleasantly surprised when someone is a relatable and cerebral person outside of their work. The guy was a mailman and garbage man, he earned his career in Hollywood. This quote is simple but compelling. He delivers it in a way that you know he is convicted in his belief.

Acclaimed actor Denzel Washington has no patience for those who think acting is like going to war, he said during a recent Director’s Roundtable discussion by the Hollywood Reporter.

“People talk about the difficulty of making a movie and I’m like, send your son to Iraq, that’s difficult,” Washington said during the interview. He was joined by Mel Gibson, Oliver Stone, himself a Vietnam War veteran, Barry Jenkins, Damien Chazelle and Mira Nair.

iron.jpg

Forum List

Back