Dems Panic as Polling Shows GOP Plowing Towards Senate

Obamacare keeps getting less popular and without any further declines in either that or presidential approval the expected range of R senate seats in 2015 is 53-5. At the current rate of deterioration 54-56 is more likely. With bad news on the Ocare front due May 15 (rate increases), June 30 (the people signed up before 1/1/14) insurance numbers and Sept 30 (sign ups for the entire open enrollment period) plus better data on the bad sides of networks and formularies a total blow-out is distinctly possible.

I think the GOP might get 51 or 52 seats.

If the GOP gets the majority, it will have nothing to do with marriage equality or whatever but with the economy and the ACA.

This may be the first time I've agreed with you on what issues will hurt the Dems.

I think Obamacare, unemployment and the economy are the things that are affecting most people, and not in a good way. I think those will be the major issues going into the midterms and possibly the next presidential election.

Kicking the ACA can down the road to 2016 won't make people forget it. They know it's coming and we've seen the mess so far. Not something to look forward to and I hope the Republicans keep those issues at the forefront. I know the Dems will attempt to sidetrack people with issues like minimum wage and they'll increase their race baiting, but the Repubs need to stick to the real issues that the majority of people are focused on.

People aren't sold on flat out amnesty and most want borders secured and for illegal aliens who are able to assimilate and who are financially secure to get in line for citizenship.

Obamacare, the economy, unemployment, amnesty and Benghazi are just a few things that have people upset and the Dems can't run from them by bringing up lesser issues.

And before a liberal claims that Benghazi is old news, guess again. People still want answers.
Sorry, Lamestreamers: Most Americans Believe Benghazi Investigation Should Continue | Independent Journal Review

If I were a Dem, I wouldn't worry. All the Republican candidate would need to do is focus on the economy and Obamacare and they would be a shoe in, but the Todd Akins of the party and "legitimate rape" and "sanctity of marriage" comments will come out and put an end to that.

The GOP social positions are losers in the free market of ideas and until they quit beating on the drums of gay marriage and abortion and just focus on economics, reducing the size and scope of government, and making jobs in the USA they are going to continue to lose.

Goldwater was right; getting in bed with the Religious Right and all that baggage would destroy the GOP in the long run.

Bill Clinton to the rescue........

BhQ_gW6CAAA6Rzh.jpg

You know, I disagree with pretty much every political decision and policy Bill Clinton endorsed...

...but I'll bet he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

That's all that can still manage to fit in the tent, a tent so small you can give it a mandatory ultrasound.

Yet the polling still shows the GOP gaining ground. Has to be coming from some demographic...

Since the middle is necessary for either side to win, given how close several cycles of elections have been in recent years, the wise will pay attention to what the middle is doing and thinking.

You make a good point about the mandatory ultrasound thing. Once the GOP strategists figure out though that denying affordable or free birth control would stave off the need for abortions, including the morning-after pill is silly and objected to by the middle, there's nothing that will stop them with the cult of LGBT pissing everyone off in every state in the union. It's one thing to ask for people's support to do something. It's quite another thing to tell them their own vote doesn't count and their state's constitution is invalid as to marriage.

Yep, once the GOP figures out how to be supportive of a woman not needing an abortion in the first place, the sky's the limit on how many seats they will take.

The demographics of the rest of the world with the exception of sub-Saharan Africa leans towards recession or worse. That will have political as well as economic effects in the US for at least through 2017 when our own presidential and census cycles will turn against us. It looks like wild political swings as far as the eye can see to me.

And no it's not just the Rs who are radicalizing. I expect to see many blue states to effectively turn green as CA and OR pretty much have and more red states to turn tea bag brown as TX has pretty much has already done. I will make no call as to where this will end up but the old coalitions have ceased to work.

Forum List

Back