Dems offing selves: Suicide on DU

GunnyL said:
You missed my disclaimer. :laugh:

The people exist on the right. Just not at the percentage it does on the left, IMO.

There is NOTHING dumber to me than an abortion clinic bomber. Commit murder to protest murder?

Liberalism itself is not negative, and I do not mean to imply that it is. Our society has made liberalism in the US negative because they let the extremists drive the train.

I didn't miss your disclaimer. You sounded as though being fixated on destroyng liberals wasn't as bad because conservatives stand for something.
Guess I misread. It happens.

I have a touch of depressed internet loser syndrome, but thank God Republicans have been in power, otherwise I really would be suicidal. Nazi Germany is in the eye of the beholder.

Said1 said:
But you said you can't aruge the connection, which I wasn't. People also hang out on messageboards and trash liberals all day, agreeing with their veiws doesn't make it any lessa abnormal.

Heh .... define normal ......

I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree with you. I'm not sure we are addressing the same thing.

You are addressing the behavior itself while I am attempting to address factors that can lead to making the behavior worse.

I think ..... :dunno:

Said1 said:
I didn't miss your disclaimer. You sounded as though being fixated on destroyng liberals wasn't as bad because conservatives stand for something.
Guess I misread. It happens.

Hmmm..... What I think I was trying to say is that because of the negativity that is more prevalent among the left, the environment lends itself to being more harmful to a depressed person. For the moment, most moderates identify themselves with the right, so you have more moderate views being put forth than from the left.

If extremism was more prevalent on the right, or on an equal playing field so to speak, there would be no difference between one and the other.

GunnyL said:

Me. :laugh:

I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree with you. I'm not sure we are addressing the same thing.

You are addressing the behavior itself while I am attempting to address factors that can lead to making the behavior worse.

No, we're saying the same thing, you just agree with conservatives more than liberals. I'm saying they're all wacked. :laugh:

GunnyL said:

Yes. You guys are talking past each other. Said's talking about being an weird internet political geek. Gunny's talking about being a liberal.

God help those in both categories. Let's all think of Anarchy1999 as we think of how our lives could be worse, we could be Sheehan supporters.

GunnyL said:
Hmmm..... What I think I was trying to say is that because of the negativity that is more prevalent among the left, the environment lends itself to being more harmful to a depressed person. For the moment, most moderates identify themselves with the right, so you have more moderate views being put forth than from the left.

If extremism was more prevalent on the right, or on an equal playing field so to speak, there would be no difference between one and the other.

I see a lot of anger on the right, especially from unsuccessful white men who think they would have been successful if not for blacks and women getting all the jobs/power that feel they were entitled to. The blame game is not a liberal/Democrat/left monopoly.

Nuc said:
I see a lot of anger on the right, especially from unsuccessful white men who think they would have been successful if not for blacks and women getting all the jobs/power that feel they were entitled to. The blame game is not a liberal/Democrat/left monopoly.
Do people like that really exist, or are they straw men created by the liberal hate-mongers to try to divide the nation even more?

I've never actually heard anyone say those things.

speederdoc said:
Do people like that really exist, or are they straw men created by the liberal hate-mongers to try to divide the nation even more?

It can certainly be implied by what some have written on other threads. On this one, I agree with Nuc.

Nuc said:

Where do you this anger from the right? where do you see blacks and women getting blamed?

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. You guys are talking past each other. Said's talking about being an weird internet political geek. Gunny's talking about being a liberal.

No were not, just different perspectives on the scope of political fixations bent on destruction of the other. I agree, people tend to align themselves with like minded people, but I think they'd be better served at their local mental health clinic instead of political message boards. THAT is my point.

speederdoc said:

Do a search on Wm. Joyce right here on the board.

Yes I've met people like the ones I'm describing. They are losers. But rather than face the facts they like to blame other people.

Said1 said:
No were not, just different perspectives on the scope of political fixations bent on destruction of the other. I agree, people tend to align themselves with like minded people, but I think they'd be better served at their local mental health clinic instead of political message boards. THAT is my point.

But one is much more accurate than the other. One world view is more accurate. One relies more on deception, half truth, and censorship. That's why I'm saying we must EVALUATE which one is justifying and which one is problem solving. These last two are Dramatica terms. http://www.dramatica.com

rtwngAvngr said:
But one is much more accurate than the other. One world view is more accurate. One relies more on deception, half truth, and censorship. That's why I'm saying we must EVALUATE which one is justifying and which one is problem solving. These last two are Dramatica terms. http://www.dramatica.com

Avnger, are you binary? Do you think there are TWO world views? Either/or?

There are a multitude of different world views and they're constantly shifting.

Kathianne said:
It can certainly be implied by what some have written on other threads. On this one, I agree with Nuc.
Well, I have to agree with Gunny that the negativity and hate from the left dominates that found on the right. Their entire platform seems to be to divide the country and keep the less fortunate down, all the while screaming that they want to lift them up.

rtwngAvngr said:

No, you need to evaluate who has the biggest abnormal obsession with destroying the other. If you think it's bigger on the left, fine, but I don't see it that way.

speederdoc said:
I can't argue with that....I'm familiar with some of his posts. But I just don't think there are that many like him.

I forget the movie, but there's a Michael Douglas flick where he portrays one of these people, who gets stuck in traffic, loses his cool and goes on a killing spree of blacks, Korean grocers, etc. If this mentality didn't exist and appeal to a lot of people Hollywood wouldn't waste money on something like that. I think the movie was successful as well.

Avenger, give us all a break with this idea of the "Great Democratic Enemy Within." We're all Americans except for Said :), and we all want what's best for our country. Plus, I really don't see where you're coming from with the "deception" and "censorship" remarks, especially when the Bush administration has already been found guilty of it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/01/politics/01educ.html?pagewanted=1&incamp=article_popular

Forum List

Back