Dems need to see this!!!!

"I'm just a Bill". So cute. I liked the adverb one too. Lol

"Easily the most recognizable character in the Schoolhouse Rock universe, “that sad little scrap of paper” Bill did the unthinkable by teaching an entire generation of children the overly complicated rigamarole involved in creating a law. Again, like with the rest of the shorts, all of this was accomplished in three minutes time."

Putting down his trumpet to tend to the voice our very own Bill, virtuoso Jack Sheldon ended up amazingly vocalizing the seemingly impossible tale of a single idea going all the way to Capitol Hill to become a law."

It may need to be updated to the 2010 Democrat version, you know, how some dog turd can become a law because the Dems "deem" it so.

Did you catch this the other day?

‘Schoolhouse Barack’ - Big Government

”I’m Just a Law”
LAW (singing): I’m just a law, yes I’m only a law,
And I don’t know why they passed me at all.
Cause — no — one — knows what is in me
No one’s read a darn word,
I was typed up last night
By a 20-year-old nerd,
But Pelosi twisted elbows all day.
How I hoped and prayed they would stall
But today, all in all, I’m a law.
BOY: Hello, Law, why so glum?
LAW: I’m two thousand pages long and no one’s even read me yet.
BOY: Then how did they pass you?
LAW: The Democrats used something called reconciliation.
BOY: Recon-what?
LAW: It means they can write any bill and pass it whenever they want. It’s against the rules.
BOY: That doesn’t sound very democratic.
LAW: Actually, it is! In a pure democracy, the majority rules.
BOY: But I thought we lived in a republic!
LAW: Me too, kid. Me too.
(singing) I’m just a law, yes I’m only a law,
And they don’t know what is in me at all.
Do — I — ban — incandescent light bulbs? Do I tax gasoline?
End health care as we know it, if you know what I mean?
Or maybe I just spend lots of dough,
Hey, you’ll never know, it’s too late
Because Nancy and Harry sealed your fate.
...!
###
“Kill the Golden Goose”
BOY: Hey, Barry!
GIRL: What are you doing?
PRESIDENT OBAMA: I’m making dinner for all of us! How would you like roast goose?
BOY: Mmmm!
GIRL: But where will we get it?
OBAMA: Look!
(He points to a golden goose in the distance).
OBAMA (singing): Let’s go kill the Golden Goose
It means more food for me and you,
Kill the Golden Goose today,
Before she runs away!
OBAMA: Look at those breasts and thighs and legs!
GIRL: But doesn’t she lay golden eggs?
OBAMA (singing): Yes, but you don’t understand.
There are hungry folks throughout the land!
They need the food, don’t make them beg!
It’s better than a dumb old egg.
BOY: I thought the eggs helped mom and dad.
OBAMA: Listen, my naive young lad. The goose was put on this earth to help people. If she just lays golden eggs, the only person she ever helps is her owner! But if we kill her, we can serve ALL Americans, not just the wealthy few.
(singing) What good is a lump of gold
When you’re starving, shivering in the cold?
So let’s go kill the Golden Goose
It means more food for me and you
Before she runs away!
BOY: How did the goose get so fat?
OBAMA: Let me tell you a story. Long before you were born, a man named Ronald Reagan decided to feed the goose instead of the people. He wanted it to lay more eggs for its owners. He called it “trickle-down.”
BOY: That’s greedy.
GIRL: And unfair!
OBAMA: But we put a stop to that. Before we got here, geese ran wild. Now they’re regulated –
BOY: — like a child!
GIRL: Wait a minute — has PETA heard?
OBAMA: Yes, they can’t wait to axe THIS bird!
(singing) So let’s go kill the Golden Goose
Before she runs — uh oh!
(Taxpayers holding pitchforks appear).
TAXPAYER 1: All right, Barry, let her be.
TAXPAYER 2: It’s not your bird, it’s owned by me.
TAXPAYER 3: Without this goose, we’d all be poor.
OBAMA (shaking his fist): Next time your goose is cooked, for sure!

It used to work that way before the Reps refused to let the bill be voted on through the usual channels and defeat it the old way.

Did you catch this the other day?

‘Schoolhouse Barack’ - Big Government

”I’m Just a Law”
LAW (singing): I’m just a law, yes I’m only a law,
And I don’t know why they passed me at all.
Cause — no — one — knows what is in me
No one’s read a darn word,
I was typed up last night
By a 20-year-old nerd,
But Pelosi twisted elbows all day.
How I hoped and prayed they would stall
But today, all in all, I’m a law.
BOY: Hello, Law, why so glum?
LAW: I’m two thousand pages long and no one’s even read me yet.
BOY: Then how did they pass you?
LAW: The Democrats used something called reconciliation.
BOY: Recon-what?
LAW: It means they can write any bill and pass it whenever they want. It’s against the rules.
BOY: That doesn’t sound very democratic.
LAW: Actually, it is! In a pure democracy, the majority rules.
BOY: But I thought we lived in a republic!
LAW: Me too, kid. Me too.
(singing) I’m just a law, yes I’m only a law,
And they don’t know what is in me at all.
Do — I — ban — incandescent light bulbs? Do I tax gasoline?
End health care as we know it, if you know what I mean?
Or maybe I just spend lots of dough,
Hey, you’ll never know, it’s too late
Because Nancy and Harry sealed your fate.
...!
###
“Kill the Golden Goose”
BOY: Hey, Barry!
GIRL: What are you doing?
PRESIDENT OBAMA: I’m making dinner for all of us! How would you like roast goose?
BOY: Mmmm!
GIRL: But where will we get it?
OBAMA: Look!
(He points to a golden goose in the distance).
OBAMA (singing): Let’s go kill the Golden Goose
It means more food for me and you,
Before she runs away!
OBAMA: Look at those breasts and thighs and legs!
GIRL: But doesn’t she lay golden eggs?
OBAMA (singing): Yes, but you don’t understand.
There are hungry folks throughout the land!
They need the food, don’t make them beg!
It’s better than a dumb old egg.
BOY: I thought the eggs helped mom and dad.
OBAMA: Listen, my naive young lad. The goose was put on this earth to help people. If she just lays golden eggs, the only person she ever helps is her owner! But if we kill her, we can serve ALL Americans, not just the wealthy few.
(singing) What good is a lump of gold
When you’re starving, shivering in the cold?
So let’s go kill the Golden Goose
Before she runs away!
BOY: How did the goose get so fat?
OBAMA: Let me tell you a story. Long before you were born, a man named Ronald Reagan decided to feed the goose instead of the people. He wanted it to lay more eggs for its owners. He called it “trickle-down.”
BOY: That’s greedy.
GIRL: And unfair!
OBAMA: But we put a stop to that. Before we got here, geese ran wild. Now they’re regulated –
BOY: — like a child!
GIRL: Wait a minute — has PETA heard?
OBAMA: Yes, they can’t wait to axe THIS bird!
(singing) So let’s go kill the Golden Goose
Before she runs — uh oh!
(Taxpayers holding pitchforks appear).
TAXPAYER 1: All right, Barry, let her be.
TAXPAYER 2: It’s not your bird, it’s owned by me.
TAXPAYER 3: Without this goose, we’d all be poor.
OBAMA (shaking his fist): Next time your goose is cooked, for sure!

someone else wrote it while I was snoozing

Schoolhouse Rocks is one of the most popular DVD's I have. The above along with, "No More Kings" have always been the two most popular.

Funny how relevant they are today. From the later I like the line, '...he'll do what the people want...'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYmhlclqr4[/ame]​

People keep voting for these people.

Obviously, they're doing what the People want.

☭proletarian☭;2111456 said:

I was furious by the end of GW's last term. I don't have words to describe my feelings today.

Tell me, how would YOU teach the process of how a law becomes a bill today, to 7th graders? :doubt:

Schoolhouse Rocks is one of the most popular DVD's I have. The above along with, "No More Kings" have always been the two most popular.

Funny how relevant they are today. From the later I like the line, '...he'll do what the people want...'

Why does that video forget to mention that when they dumped the tea, they tried to frame the natives?

I was furious by the end of GW's last term. I don't have words to describe my feelings today.

Too bad. That's how America works.

Unless you intend to ignore the rights of most Americans just because they don't know what they're voting about or understand the issues or know anything about the candidates- are you saying our representative democracy doesn't work? :eusa_whistle:

☭proletarian☭;2111470 said:

Too bad. That's how America works.

Unless you intend to ignore the rights of most Americans just because they don't know what they're voting about or understand the issues or know anything about the candidates- are you saying our representative democracy doesn't work? :eusa_whistle:

If done this way, effecting 1/6 of the economy? No.

Apparently, you're the minority. This method has been used many times and the CBO projects no meaningful increase in deficit,unlike Medicare Part B. If people have a problem with it, why do they keep reelecting the same people?

Unless you're saying we should ignore the will of the People and let a minority (Oligarchy) run the country because they know better than everyone else.

There are at least 30 moderate/blue dog dems who were voted into office by people who DON'T want them to vote for this Bill. Had they known that Obamacare was a reallity it is very likely many people voting for this unconstitutional piece of crap would not have been elected!

☭proletarian☭;2111495 said:
Apparently, you're the minority. This method has been used many times and the CBO projects no meaningful increase in deficit,unlike Medicare Part B. If people have a problem with it, why do they keep reelecting the same people?

Unless you're saying we should ignore the will of the People and let a minority (Oligarchy) run the country because they know better than everyone else.

You all are a bunch of freaking morons! The CBO has gotten so many projected numbers wrong and how many different times do we have to have this turd renegotiated to give pronouncements that are absolutely unable to know the real impact! Consider also that to pay for this turkey more taxation and less care will HAVE to be the result...but wtf, Dems will have lampooned 1/6 of the economy under their control!

READ
On today's Morning Joe, MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell has now twice mischaracterized the Congressional Budget Office report on ObamaCare. After stating that she has been "truth-squadding" the claims made in yesterday's health summit, she stated twice that it does not, in fact, say that the bill would cause insurance premiums to rise, but rather that they would fall by 10-13 percent.

That's just dead wrong. The 10-13 percent number is the amount that CBO says the premiums will rise, not fall.

CBO Report: CBO and [the Joint Committee on Taxation] estimate that the average premium per person covered (including dependents) for new nongroup policies would be about 10 percent to 13 percent higher in 2016 than the average premium for nongroup coverage in that same year under current law.

Now, there's more to the story than that, if you keep reading. After Sen. Lamar Alexander accurately cited the 10-13 percent rise in premiums at the beginning of yesterday's summit, President Obama conceded the point. However, he added -- again accurately -- that the reason the premiums rise is that people will be purchasing more comprehensive insurance plans. Here is what Obama said:

“What the Congressional Budget Office is saying is, is that if I now have the opportunity to actually buy a decent package inside the exchange, that costs me about 10% to 13% more but is actually real insurance, then there are going to be a bunch of people who take advantage of that. So yes, I’m paying 10% to 13% more because instead of buying an apple, I’m getting an orange.”

After that, Rep. Dave Camp, R-Mich, gave the complete story. Premiums will rise by 10 to 13 percent, not because people will voluntarily pay more for "real" insurance, but because the bill contains a mandate that will force consumers to purchase more comprehensive plans with lower deductibles. Less comprehensive, high-deductible plans (which many consumers currently own with Health Savings Accounts) will be banned.

So both Obama and the Republicans gave accurate statements about what the bill will do to consumer insurance prices, but Alexander and Obama each emphasized the part of the facts that support their case.

O'Donnell's statement, on the other hand, is completely wrong.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:

Last edited:

No, not with anything anywhere close to the impact this will have. Not without bi-partisan support of some kind. Not when the majority are saying 'No' to the package, not with the strongly opposed with a 2:1 to the strongly approve. Nope.

The way this is being played doesn't doesn't raise my ire, I've come to expect this crap from Democrats and Republicans. Those who get my goat sit on the Supreme Court. That body in Washington is the one that burns my hide.

They let this stuff go while they legislate and inact their own separation between church-and-state law. These folks can't even differentiate between the U.S. Congress and my local city council.

I just fisinshed my taxes, where are they in protecting the financial privacy granted to me under the Bill of Rights?

How many times have Americans been sent off to war without any declaration of such by Congress?

etc.

There are at least 30 moderate/blue dog dems who were voted into office by people who DON'T want them to vote for this Bill. Had they known that Obamacare was a reallity it is very likely many people voting for this unconstitutional piece of crap would not have been elected!

Wah, wahhh..........

No, not with anything anywhere close to the impact this will have. Not without bi-partisan support of some kind. Not when the majority are saying 'No' to the package, not with the strongly opposed with a 2:1 to the strongly approve. Nope.

So you say. But this is just the first step toward a real health care system. The next step right here;

The Grayson Medicare-For-All Bill | Questions and Observations

It may need to be updated to the 2010 Democrat version, you know, how some dog turd can become a law because the Dems "deem" it so.

I was reading a news article and it said if the House passes the bill today then it will go to the Senate. Now I'm confused, (not to claim that I wasn't before).

Will or will not both houses of Congress be required to vote for the bill and approve it before it moves on to the White House? Will it or will it not require the President's signature?

I'm not that acquainted with procedures, but if the bill is passed by both houses and signed by the President, how is that different than the requirements explained in the cartoon?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back