Democrats try to tuck Pentagon waiver into spending bill

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Democrats try to tuck Pentagon waiver for Lloyd Austin into omnibus bill - Axios
18 dec 2020 ~~ By Hanna Nichols and Alayna Treene

Democrats are trying to tuck a waiver allowing retired Gen. Lloyd Austin to serve as President-elect Joe Biden's defense secretary into a year-end government funding bill that must pass by tonight to avoid a shutdown, three sources familiar with the push tell Axios.
Why it matters: Attaching the waiver to the omnibus would give political cover to some Democrats, including at least four on the Senate Armed Services Committee who have already gone on record opposing it...

Comment:
I am not familiar with Gen. Austin's record/reputation. China Joe's choice in appointing him is probably a bad indicator. Looking at his recent proposed appointments this is also suspect. But does anyone know much about ritired Gen. Austin's record?

Democrats try to tuck Pentagon waiver for Lloyd Austin into omnibus bill - Axios

Democrats are trying to tuck a waiver allowing retired Gen. Lloyd Austin to serve as President-elect Joe Biden's defense secretary into a year-end government funding bill that must pass by tonight to avoid a shutdown, three sources familiar with the push tell Axios.
Why it matters: Attaching the waiver to the omnibus would give political cover to some Democrats, including at least four on the Senate Armed Services Committee who have already gone on record opposing it...

Comment:
I am not familiar with Gen. Austin's record/reputation. China Joe's choice in appointing him is probably a bad indicator. Looking at his recent proposed appointments this is also suspect. But does anyone know much about ritired Gen. Austin's record?

Democrats use everything they do to leverage something for themselves. They could care less if they ever help anyone but to bribe others to vote for them.

Comment:
I noticed a severe lack of any proof this is actually in the bill...

Forum List

Back