Democrats lie about recession

Hard to declare a Recession with 300,000 jobs being created monthly and 3.6% unemployment

GDP is down due to lack of goods to sell and lack of workers.
GDP is receding. what are you calling it now?

• "Recession has arrived. Back-to-back quarterly declines in real economic activity are not part of the NBER determination of a recession – but the reality is that we have never before seen this condition without there being a recession. Waiting for the NBER to make the official declaration is nutty, since it generally waits more than six months after the downturn started when it publishes the announcement. The decay is evident and the leading indicator from the Conference Board, down four months running, points to more economic pain ahead. The labor market is the next shoe to drop." – David Rosenberg, founder and president of Rosenberg Research
We have never before been in a recession where hundreds of thousands of jobs are being created monthly and unemployment has been at 3.6%

Again. GDP is a measure of growth. It’s hard to increase growth when we don’t have the goods to do it with or the workers to make it happen

PRECISELY!

we've never had a declared recession with unemployment being so so so low, nor with millions of new jobs being filled....all other recessions had zero and less jobs being created, with all the layoffs.

And we were never in an inflationary period during a recession.....

We are raising interest rates, to lower inflation.

In all recessions in our history, the solution to getting out of a recession is to LOWER interest rates

Which we can't do, because that would cause inflation to sky rocket more.....

WHAT A REAL PICKLE, we are in!!

So, the conclusion of the economic board that determines a recession, will likely conclude, we are not in a recession as of yet,, imho.
Never in an inflationary period during a recession? lol! Are you sure? Off the top of my head, I believe the 81-82 recession we had double digit inflation then. The more you try to spin this the worse it sounds.

An economy that is receding, is recessing, and two quarters of a receding economy means a recession.

I am willing to wait till independent economic analysts declare a recession

Why aren’t you?
Because the definition of recession is fundamental economics. You ought to be questioning your favorite economists why there has been no declaration one way or the other.

We have never before been in a recession where hundreds of thousands of jobs are being created monthly and unemployment has been at 3.6%

Again. GDP is a measure of growth. It’s hard to increase growth when we don’t have the goods to do it with or the workers to make it happen
And so, the economy receded for the last six months, that is a recession. I hope we continue to grow and do well but with the high inflation, housing starts slowing, this is a shaky time. Strong leadership could help with getting us righted but I am not seeing anyone in the near future that could provide real leadership. Passing another spending bill will increase inflation does not calm it, so this move is for Democrats to get votes in November and buy time until 2024.

re·ces·sion
[rəˈseSH(ə)n]

NOUN
  1. a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters:
    "the country is in the depths of a recession" · "measures to pull the economy out of recession

Any person taking a college level economic course has learned that a recession is two consecutive quarters of decline in real GDP.

But a recession isn't helpful to the democrats in furthering their agenda so they have undertaken the Orwellian task of lying reality out of existence.

Biden's top economic dog, Janet Yellen is faced with addressing the recession, and has chosen a favorite tactic of the democrat party - she is flat out lying.

{
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen doubled down on her claim that the US economy is not in a recession — despite the fact that the latest GDP report showed its second straight quarterly decline.

Yellen said experts “should avoid a semantic battle” when discussing the US economy, even as the White House on Thursday scrambled to push back against the widely held view among economists that two straight quarters of GDP declines are the definition of a recession.}

Joe Biden lied to the America people as well.

Will the lies of the democrats lessen the impact of this recession? Will the public buy into it? Will the NY Times and other party propaganda be able to erase 200 years of economic reality to serve the current regime?
Democrats lie about everything.. . Yes. Everything.

Show me an economic expert ready to declare a recession

:lmao:

Every legitimate economist acknowledges the fact that we are in a recession.

{
H. Robert Heller, who served on the board of governors of the Federal Reserve and also served as president and chief executive officer as Visa U.S.A., dispensed with "could be" as he spoke to CBS 2's Brad Edwards Thursday.

"I think we are in a recession," Heller said. "We have two quarters of negative growth, and most economists have defined a recession as to negative quarters – so we got it."}

A handful of Reich hacks deny it - and of course the Reich press.

Facts are facts, we are in a recession.

I expected spin - but the flat out lying by you Nazis just shows your desperation.

Hard to declare a Recession with 300,000 jobs being created monthly and 3.6% unemployment

GDP is down due to lack of goods to sell and lack of workers.

You don't "declare" a recession, Nazi. It is an economic condition where two consecutive quarters have negative growth.

Yes, it hurts you in the polls - so you lie.

But I'm not sure the level of gaslighting you vermin are engaged in will convince anyone.

• "Recession has arrived. Back-to-back quarterly declines in real economic activity are not part of the NBER determination of a recession – but the reality is that we have never before seen this condition without there being a recession. Waiting for the NBER to make the official declaration is nutty, since it generally waits more than six months after the downturn started when it publishes the announcement. The decay is evident and the leading indicator from the Conference Board, down four months running, points to more economic pain ahead. The labor market is the next shoe to drop." – David Rosenberg, founder and president of Rosenberg Research

EVERY legitimate economist acknowledges the FACT that we are in a recession. Krugman and the Little Goebbels are the only ones lying about it.

PRECISELY!

we've never had a declared recession with unemployment being so so so low, nor with millions of new jobs being filled....all other recessions had zero and less jobs being created, with all the layoffs.

And we were never in an inflationary period during a recession.....

We are raising interest rates, to lower inflation.

In all recessions in our history, the solution to getting out of a recession is to LOWER interest rates

Which we can't do, because that would cause inflation to sky rocket more.....

WHAT A REAL PICKLE, we are in!!

So, the conclusion of the economic board that determines a recession, will likely conclude, we are not in a recession as of yet,, imho.
No question it is not a robust economy
But not everything is gloom and doom

Negative GDP of -1.6 % and 0.9% are borderline in negative territory and could be adjusted upward
9% inflation is also bad
But 3.6 % unemployment is very good as is strong consumer sending

I am willing to let leading economists crunch the numbers before declaring a recession.
But the Conservative media is in a feeding frenzy about the Biden Recession

You defended Bush through that disaster. Then you defended shady Trump
I criticized Bush plenty, I just wasn’t a rabid hater like the left became. When the left lied about Abu Ghraib and the US military I realized what absolute pieces of shit the real left is.

“Defending” President Trump was easy because he was great for America. He brought back half a million manufacturing jobs, secured our border, and didn’t start any new wars. By far the best President in my lifetime.

Meanwhile at Amazon.......

Amazon.com Announces Second Quarter Results​

July 28, 2022 at 4:01 PM EDT

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 28, 2022-- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
  • Operating cash flow decreased 40% to $35.6 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with $59.3 billion for the trailing twelve months ended June 30, 2021.
  • Free cash flow decreased to an outflow of $23.5 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with an inflow of $12.1 billion for the trailing twelve months ended June 30, 2021.
  • Free cash flow less principal repayments of finance leases and financing obligations decreased to an outflow of $33.5 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with an inflow of $0.6 billion for the trailing twelve months ended June 30, 2021.
  • Free cash flow less equipment finance leases and principal repayments of all other finance leases and financing obligations decreased to an outflow of $26.1 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with an inflow of $4.2 billion for the trailing twelve months ended June 30, 2021.
  • Common shares outstanding plus shares underlying stock-based awards totaled 10.6 billion on June 30, 2022, compared with 10.4 billion one year ago. All share and per share information throughout this release has been retroactively adjusted to reflect the 20-for-1 stock split effected on May 27, 2022.
  • Net sales increased 7% to $121.2 billion in the second quarter, compared with $113.1 billion in second quarter 2021. Excluding the $3.6 billion unfavorable impact from year-over-year changes in foreign exchange rates throughout the quarter, net sales increased 10% compared with second quarter 2021.
  • Operating income decreased to $3.3 billion in the second quarter, compared with $7.7 billion in second quarter 2021.
  • Net loss was $2.0 billion in the second quarter, or $0.20 per diluted share, compared with net income of $7.8 billion, or $0.76 per diluted share, in second quarter 2021. Second quarter 2022 net loss includes a pre-tax valuation loss of $3.9 billion included in non-operating expense from our common stock investment in Rivian Automotive, Inc.

Never in an inflationary period during a recession? lol! Are you sure? Off the top of my head, I believe the 81-82 recession we had double digit inflation then. The more you try to spin this the worse it sounds.

An economy that is receding, is recessing, and two quarters of a receding economy means a recession.
I could be wrong on that, but wasn't it inflation that caused interest rates to rise under Reagan to 11% to try to slow the economy and inflation down, that caused the economic slowdown to reach the point of a recession.... Which is the OPPOSITE of what is occurring at the moment?

The second consecutive negative GDP growth rate is raising significant alarms, as that is often how a recession is classified. However, these numbers do not show the full picture. The White House Council of Economic Advisers points to other key indicators, such as the continued strength of consumer spending and job growth in the first half of the year, as positive signs that we are not in a recession. As we are closely monitoring all factors, I expect the unemployment rate to remain below 4% throughout the second half of 2022, buying the Fed time to reduce inflation without triggering that recession." – Steve Rick, chief economist at CUNA Mutual Group

Forum List

Back