Democrats lie about recession

Show where it has been declared a recession by any economic body

Fox News doesn’t count

Words mean things.

When words have meanings that undermine the agenda of the democrat party, your Reich redefines those words.

Which is why I started this thread with the textbook definition of recession.

The Reich is desperate, and lying is your only escape.

The question is, will the public go along with your attempt to rewrite reality to suit party goals?

Two consecutive quarters of negative growth is a recession and we had had two consecutive quarters of negative growth. So, if not a recession, what is going on? 40 year high on inflation, negative growth, what Is it under a Republican? Recesssion for a Democrat it’s called?
If it is, it is. I loved how the reporter was so careful to not nail herself down on what a recession is yesterday. She said with authority like she knew what she was talking about, "MANY economists believe that an official recession is when ONE VAGUE TERM AFTER ANOTHER. It was so funny.

I forgot what one was. I will try to remember 2 quarters of negative growth. I agree that's a recession.

Obama had something like 70 months of growth. Did you like him?

Different circumstances. Trump tax breaks, stimulus checks, people milked unemployment for trillions of dollars and the stupid biden government gave out checks without checking???

Student loan forgiveness?

Some of this I like, like infrastructure bills, at least he sent money to people who need it not rich people, going green,

Yea, I hope we run someone other than Biden. And I hope Republicans run anyone but Trump.

Quick rule of thumb
Lers see if US Economic Analysts declare a recession based on multiple economic factors

We can also see if that -0.9 percent gets adjusted upward as more data is received.

You seem so anxious to declare a recession

Or if it gets adjusted down.

Already reeling going into the midterms, the fact that the Reich has crashed the economy and sparked a recession just adds to the woes of the party.

By the end of the month, you and your Reich will claim that "it's a global recession, Biden had nothing to do with it." After this round of lies fail.

We aren't in a recession yet but boy if the corporate media and Republicans keep talking like this....

And of course increasing interest rates will slow purchasing but that was by design. To deal with inflation.

• President Donald Trump rails against Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, claiming that “people are VERY disappointed in” the central bank leader.
  • Trump’s reaction comes a day after the Fed’s lowered interest rates for the third time this year.

How Trump’s Attacks on the Fed Have Made Its Job Harder​

The Federal Reserve has moved quickly to combat economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic, but President Trump’s ongoing attacks may have weakened its message.

Yes stupid fuck, we are in a recession.

Screaming TWUMP won't change that.

Shit happens. Shit happens on Republicans watch too. You guys treat Democratic Presidents a lot different than you treat Republicans. You defended Bush through that disaster. Then you defended shady Trump.

Pence could have done everything Trump accomplished and not been combative. His Supreme Court picks would have pissed me off just as much but he wouldn't have given us so much fuel in which to hate him for. Trump was a CRIMINAL. You Trumpies think he was a man of the people you're so fucking stupid. Brainwashed. Liars.

If it is, it is. I loved how the reporter was so careful to not nail herself down on what a recession is yesterday. She said with authority like she knew what she was talking about, "MANY economists believe that an official recession is when ONE VAGUE TERM AFTER ANOTHER. It was so funny.

I forgot what one was. I will try to remember 2 quarters of negative growth. I agree that's a recession.

Obama had something like 70 months of growth. Did you like him?

Different circumstances. Trump tax breaks, stimulus checks, people milked unemployment for trillions of dollars and the stupid biden government gave out checks without checking???

Student loan forgiveness?

Some of this I like, like infrastructure bills, at least he sent money to people who need it not rich people, going green,

Yea, I hope we run someone other than Biden. And I hope Republicans run anyone but Trump.
Biden has little control over the economy however signing more spending will cause added inflation. Also, raising taxes during a recession is not smart either. Don’t care for Trump or Biden, they spend way too much.

Words mean things.

When words have meanings that undermine the agenda of the democrat party, your Reich redefines those words.

Which is why I started this thread with the textbook definition of recession.

The Reich is desperate, and lying is your only escape.

The question is, will the public go along with your attempt to rewrite reality to suit party goals?

Sure they will. They let the CDC redefine "vaccine" and didn't bat an eyelash.

Shit happens. Shit happens on Republicans watch too. You guys treat Democratic Presidents a lot different than you treat Republicans. You defended Bush through that disaster. Then you defended shady Trump.

Pence could have done everything Trump accomplished and not been combative. His Supreme Court picks would have pissed me off just as much but he wouldn't have given us so much fuel in which to hate him for. Trump was a CRIMINAL. You Trumpies think he was a man of the people you're so fucking stupid. Brainwashed. Liars.
the irony reeks here.

Two consecutive quarters of negative growth is a recession and we had had two consecutive quarters of negative growth. So, if not a recession, what is going on? 40 year high on inflation, negative growth, what Is it under a Republican? Recesssion for a Democrat it’s called?
Show me an economic expert ready to declare a recession

Seriously?
A recession does not need to be "declared", it has been accepted by EVERYONE for decades that a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of shrinking GDP but pathetic democrats such as yourself will STILL try to deny that we are in one now.

Still waiting for you to provide an independent economic body willing to declare a recession
I provided mine who say it is too early

Hard to declare a Recession with 300,000 jobs being created monthly and 3.6% unemployment

GDP is down due to lack of goods to sell and lack of workers.

Indeed, the economy these days is just plain weird. Just look at how it's generating all sorts of contradictory data. The labor market, in particular, sure doesn't look recessionary. The economy created 2.7 million jobs in the first half of 2022. An ultra-low unemployment rate of 3.6% likewise doesn't square with an economic slump. And then there's consumer spending, which remains surprisingly robust.
PRECISELY!

we've never had a declared recession with unemployment being so so so low, nor with millions of new jobs being filled....all other recessions had zero and less jobs being created, with all the layoffs.

And we were never in an inflationary period during a recession.....

We are raising interest rates, to lower inflation.

In all recessions in our history, the solution to getting out of a recession is to LOWER interest rates

Which we can't do, because that would cause inflation to sky rocket more.....

WHAT A REAL PICKLE, we are in!!

So, the conclusion of the economic board that determines a recession, will likely conclude, we are not in a recession as of yet,, imho.

Show me an economic expert ready to declare a recession
  • "Recession has arrived. Back-to-back quarterly declines in real economic activity are not part of the NBER determination of a recession – but the reality is that we have never before seen this condition without there being a recession. Waiting for the NBER to make the official declaration is nutty, since it generally waits more than six months after the downturn started when it publishes the announcement. The decay is evident and the leading indicator from the Conference Board, down four months running, points to more economic pain ahead. The labor market is the next shoe to drop." – David Rosenberg, founder and president of Rosenberg Research

Forum List

Back