Debate Now Democrats: If Not Hillary, then Who?

Okay, not ready to give up on this thread.

A few days ago some of us were discussing a really thin Democratic bench as far as voter interest goes. So I found this in the Los Angeles Times today. What do you all think. Could Uncle Joe be made viable if Hillary should have to bow out for any reason? One comment made is pretty spot on. He won't have an e-mail problem. It is highly unlikely that he will have a serious scandal problem. I think honorable conservatives/Republicans/libertarians will reject the pedophilia innuendo which I personally consider absolutely ridiculous.

So how about Uncle Joe? How good or horrified are you thinking about a Joe Biden presidency?

. . . if Clinton runs into trouble — if she has health problems, or legal problems, or any other kind of problems — her party is going to need another candidate, and fast. Biden is his party's natural fallback.

A Quinnipiac poll this month found that with Clinton out of the race, Biden would be the front-runner with 35%; Warren polled 25%. No other Democrat has attracted significant interest or support, even among political insiders.
Joe Biden is Democrats apos 2016 understudy in the wings in case Hillary Clinton falters - LA Times

Funny, that......

Republicans hear "Uncle Joe" and they think Biden.

Democrats hear "Uncle Joe" and they think, whilst salivating, Stalin.

One of those thoughts is scary!

Funny. But does break the no adhominem rule for the thread and probably just about everybody knows who "Uncle Joe" is in the current political spectrum. :)

Bret Bair in Fox did a study of Jim Webb and I believe if he could get any traction he could make a serious candidate that could attract many republicans. The guy is a prolific author. Maybe too much of a maverick, but his instincts are good.

I don't know what Bret said about him, but his track record per 'On the Issues" is way too left of center to make him appealing to me.
James Webb on the Issues

So far, of all the names offered as what Democrat we want if a Democrat is elected President in 2016, I would choose Joe Manchin. Unfortunately most people in the country are unfamiliar with the name, with the face, etc. And I doubt he would get the endorsement of the Democratic National Party because he is not far enough left of center.
Joe Manchin III on the Issues

Democrats might be able to pick some of the religious voters by running a clergyman for VP. How about Reverend Wright? or maybe Reverend. Jackson?

LOL.

I still remember the year that Pat Robertson and Jesse Jackson headed the top of the leader board in New Hampshire. My husband and I looked at each other and thought "Good lord, if those two are the choices in November, who do we vote for?"

Forum List

Back