Democrats "Extremely Disappointed" As Chaffetz Confirms "Duty" To Continue Clinton Probe

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
I get all smiley when I hear that they won't let the lying, corrupt, criminal, murderous bitch go free without a fight!

Democrats "Extremely Disappointed" As Chaffetz Confirms "Duty" To Continue Clinton Probe
Zero Hedge ^ | 11-9-2016 | Tyler Durden

Democrats appear to have thought that since Hillary Clinton lost, Republican lawmakers would put her email indiscretions to rest, but today, as The Washington Post reports, a top House Republican said Wednesday he will continue to investigate Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of state.

Jason Chaffetz, the Utah congressman finishing his first term leading the powerful House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made it clear the partisan bitterness that marked the presidential campaign is not going to go away.

“It would be totally remiss of us to dismiss [the email investigation] because she’s not going to be president,” Chaffetz said of the defeated Democratic nominee.

“I still have a duty and obligation to get to the truth about one of the largest breaches of security at the State Department,” he said. “Tens of thousands of documents still have not been turned over to Congress.”

Last week, senior Republican lawmakers were openly discussing the prospect of impeaching Clinton for setting up a private email server for official State Department business, even though the FBI concluded after two investigations that she should not be criminally prosecuted.

But now that the former secretary of state has lost her bid for presidency that threat has gone. But Chaffetz said he has a “duty” to find thousands of Clinton’s communications that have not been made public to determine if they contain classified information. He also said some State Department employees who helped set up the email server in her New York home could lose their security clearances.

(snip)

(Excerpt) Read more at zerohedge.com ...

Forum List

Back