Democrats Continue War on Coal

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Coal mining will never come back if Democrats control the White House.

<<“For this and other reasons, I’m so grateful to [Former New York City Mayor] Michael Bloomberg’s ‘Beyond Coal’ initiative working with the Sierra Club. It is so essential.”

The "Beyond Coal" website describes coal as “an outdated, backward, and dirty 19th-century technology.”

It advocates retiring a third of the nation’s coal plants by 2020, replacing most retired coal plants with “clean energy solutions such as wind, solar, and geothermal” and “keeping coal in the ground in places like Appalachia and Wyoming’s Powder River Basin.”

It’s the latest in a series of such statements for Pelosi, who hailed her own efforts to kill off coal initiatives last month.>>

Pelosi renews Obama's 'war on coal,' backs group looking to shut down coal plants

<<“For this and other reasons, I’m so grateful to [Former New York City Mayor] Michael Bloomberg’s ‘Beyond Coal’ initiative working with the Sierra Club. It is so essential.”

The "Beyond Coal" website describes coal as “an outdated, backward, and dirty 19th-century technology.”

It advocates retiring a third of the nation’s coal plants by 2020, replacing most retired coal plants with “clean energy solutions such as wind, solar, and geothermal” and “keeping coal in the ground in places like Appalachia and Wyoming’s Powder River Basin.”

It’s the latest in a series of such statements for Pelosi, who hailed her own efforts to kill off coal initiatives last month.>>

Pelosi renews Obama's 'war on coal,' backs group looking to shut down coal plants

Coal will NEVER come back. Get over that. Until they find a cheaper and cleaner way to utilize coal, it's going to be exported overseas more than used in the US. It's all but lost it's US market. It will never go back to be used for powering electricity again (Natural Gas, Wind, Water and Sun compete at a much cheaper rate). It will never go back to heating homes again (Natural Gas, and Sun compete at a much cheaper rate). And Natural Gas and the others are cleaner. In the West, Solar and Wind Power is now contributing to over 20% of the power and heating backing up the Natural Gas. And the Utilities have gone down in price to the consumer.

There are other uses for Coal and the Coal industry needs to stop standing around with it's hat in it's hand begging for handouts and get busy with those changes. Coal doesn't have to die but it needs to grow up.

There is no war on coal. There is an effort to transition to cleaner sources of energy.

There is no war on coal. There is an effort to transition to cleaner sources of energy.

Sounds like a war on coal to the coal miners.

Trump's promises to bring back all those coal jobs sounded great to them, but those jobs will never be back. Automation took those jobs, and the sooner they realize that, and transition to a different kind of work, the better off they will be. It is wrong for us to allow our air, water, and soil to be polluted just so a few corporations can make big bucks with very little labor. We need cleaner sources of energy that will employ those people with jobs that will last.

Trump's promises to bring back all those coal jobs sounded great to them, but those jobs will never be back. Automation took those jobs, and the sooner they realize that, and transition to a different kind of work, the better off they will be. It is wrong for us to allow our air, water, and soil to be polluted just so a few corporations can make big bucks with very little labor. We need cleaner sources of energy that will employ those people with jobs that will last.

I give it another 10 years until ALL mining, manufacturing and more jobs are gone. We are going to have to do some real social changes fast in the process. There won't be nearly enough jobs for everyone anymore. No truckdrivers, no factory workers, no miners, no city planners, no maintanance workers, no fast food workers, no wait staff, no....... It's all gone. It's especially going to hit the lower and medium wage jobs. And yes, many of the higher paying jobs will be gone as well. Exactly what are all those millions going to do for a living?

Now, face that before you start saying that we don't need some sort of ability to ....... I won't say it.

people suffered through obama's war coal jobs, they're not suffering anymore under Trump

if your house is within 100 miles of a windmill, its worthless. also, windmills cause cancer...

Kinda makes you think. Coal being "outdated", "backward", "dirty" and BLACK. Advocating replacing coal plants with "clean energy solutions". Boy howdy, sounds like a similarity with Democrat shitholes (being the coal) and "clean energy" being the millions crossing the border illegally.

Obama and Hillary said manufacturing and coal is gone forever

under Trump, the era of economic surrender is over!

we are not gonna be pushed around anymore

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

people suffered through obama's war coal jobs, they're not suffering anymore under Trump

if your house is within 100 miles of a windmill, its worthless. also, windmills cause cancer...

No, they aren't suffering any more. But they aren't suffering any less either. Actually, they are suffering more. More coal mines have closed down in the last 2 years. It has nothing to do with Trump. But you listen to the STrump tell you that it's getting better, Fawsnews says it's getting better, Rush says it's getting better, but if you take a short drive up to Sommerset Colorado you find boarded up houses, empty store fronts, parked mine vehicles, chains across the mine property entrances and only two mine shafts still operating at diminished capacity. Just outside my window is the UP staging yards. What's missing that used to line the place 24/7 with many many 105 car trains? The yard is nearly empty until they finally get enough cars for ONE 105 car train.

And we have Windmills here and I don't seem to have a problem with Cancer. I do have a problem with stupid people that claim windmills cause cancer.

Trump's been in power over 2 years, 2 solid years with a republican house and senate and coal mines are closing under him left and right...

who the heck needs the dems to do it, Trump's doing it...?

I give it another 10 years until ALL mining, manufacturing and more jobs are gone. We are going to have to do some real social changes fast in the process. There won't be nearly enough jobs for everyone anymore. No truckdrivers, no factory workers, no miners, no city planners, no maintanance workers, no fast food workers, no wait staff, no....... It's all gone. It's especially going to hit the lower and medium wage jobs. And yes, many of the higher paying jobs will be gone as well. Exactly what are all those millions going to do for a living?

Now, face that before you start saying that we don't need some sort of ability to ....... I won't say it.

You could be right, but I doubt it will be that bad. There are currently more people working for Arbey's than there are in the entire coal industry. The booming wind industry can easily absorb those ex coal miners, but they might have to move, or at least travel to take advantage of those jobs ……. after being retrained. I'm not saying things won't be tough for a while, but they are already tough for lots of people, and hoping for extinct jobs to reappear just makes things worse.

You could be right, but I doubt it will be that bad. There are currently more people working for Arbey's than there are in the entire coal industry. The booming wind industry can easily absorb those ex coal miners, but they might have to move, or at least travel to take advantage of those jobs ……. after being retrained. I'm not saying things won't be tough for a while, but they are already tough for lots of people, and hoping for extinct jobs to reappear just makes things worse.

The problem is, the Arby's jobs are also on the chopping block. I give it 10 years and Arby's will have followed McDonalds lead and automated their kitchens in order to compete. You will only find live people in the Niche corners and have to pay extra for it. We are about 10 years to paying people to stay home. And the word for that is? I won't say it.

The problem is, the Arby's jobs are also on the chopping block. I give it 10 years and Arby's will have followed McDonalds lead and automated their kitchens in order to compete. You will only find live people in the Niche corners and have to pay extra for it. We are about 10 years to paying people to stay home. And the word for that is? I won't say it.

The word is jealousy. I wish I would have had the option to stay home and still get paid when I was younger.

Again, I know you might be right, but I still doubt it. I said the wind industry could easily absorb those few coal jobs, not Arbey's. Lots of new startup industries on the horizon. All won't make it, but some will make it big time.

Again, I know you might be right, but I still doubt it. I said the wind industry could easily absorb those few coal jobs, not Arbey's. Lots of new startup industries on the horizon. All won't make it, but some will make it big time.

it's already happening.

1*FgmswX2jD8aKUJBEexCDvg.jpeg

Chipotle, Panera and Starbucks have implemented touch screen ordering, and Chili’s, Red Robin and Olive Garden have implemented at-the-table touch-screen payment processing.

Some new businesses and restaurants are doing just that. Momentum Machines released a device in 2014 that makes hamburgers completely on its own. It presses patties, chops toppings, and assembles it all into a perfect hamburger at a rate of 360 burgers per hour. This burger robot is said to be more consistent, sanitary and fast than any human burger chef. Better yet, the next generation of the machine will have the capability to serve “custom meat grinds for every single customer” allowing people to choose exact proportions of meats like beef, pork, and bison to be in their burger. Last year the first automated burger restaurant opened in San Francisco using this device.

it's already happening.

1*FgmswX2jD8aKUJBEexCDvg.jpeg

Chipotle, Panera and Starbucks have implemented touch screen ordering, and Chili’s, Red Robin and Olive Garden have implemented at-the-table touch-screen payment processing.

Some new businesses and restaurants are doing just that. Momentum Machines released a device in 2014 that makes hamburgers completely on its own. It presses patties, chops toppings, and assembles it all into a perfect hamburger at a rate of 360 burgers per hour. This burger robot is said to be more consistent, sanitary and fast than any human burger chef. Better yet, the next generation of the machine will have the capability to serve “custom meat grinds for every single customer” allowing people to choose exact proportions of meats like beef, pork, and bison to be in their burger. Last year the first automated burger restaurant opened in San Francisco using this device.
Fasten Your Seatbelt It's Going To Be Bumpy Night, "Bette Davis"

Forum List

Back