Democrats Believe They Have The Right To Use The IRS To Attack Us

Black Alliance for Just Immigration

The Black Alliance for Just Immigration enjoys 501(c)3 status. The organization “advocates for administrative changes to visa, detention and deportation regulations” according to the IRS Form 990 it filed with the IRS.

For whom does it advocate these changes? The Black Alliance webpage states:

Historically and currently, U.S. immigration policy has been infused with racism, enforcing unequal and punitive standards for immigrants of color. African Americans, with our history of being economically exploited, marginalized and discriminated against, have much in common with people of color who migrate to the United States, documented and undocumented.

Executive Director Gerald Lenoir told me by telephone that the IRS has never questioned the tax status of the organization. After providing this information, Mr. Lenoir also asked: “is Breitbart a progressive news publication?”

IRS Ends 2-Year Probe Of NAACP's Tax Status

The IRS Investigates the NAACP | Fox News

Karl Rove Melts Down When Confronted With Evidence of Bush IRS Investigation

When the IRS targeted liberals

Republicans feel they "own" the country and it's only OK when they do it. The truth is, if the IRS didn't illegally rewrite the law under a Republican president, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

a lil late to the game arent you leftard?

look above; several examples of your left-wing hypocrisy

Lois Lerner wrote in an email "the tea party could be dangerous" then her lousy democrat ass pleads the 5th. Tells me all I need to know. I hope when it is all done she goes to prison for a long time.

Brennan Center for Justice

Few organizations have worn nonpartisan sheep’s clothing while behaving like a partisan wolf better than the Brennan Center for Justice. Enjoying 501(c)3 status, the Brennan Center’s stated mission on its IRS Form 990 barely scratches the surface. They merely “focus on fundamental issues of democracy and justice,” they claim. The Brennan Center also told the IRS that it is engaged in “the study and solving of intractable problems of social justice and implementing those solutions by coordinating strategies.”

What Brennan didn’t tell the IRS was that those “coordinating strategies” involved bare-knuckle attacks on election integrity laws around the country. The IRS probably doesn’t know that Brennan is hip deep in the effort to derail public policies such as photo voter identification laws. Both the effort and the results of the effort are bathed in politics.

Brennan’s executive director Michael Waldman isn’t above publishing outright falsehoods or phony social science data about election integrity measures in order to advance the group's agenda and enable voter fraud.

Really? I ask because every "lib" I know would be more than happy to get all the large money donations out of our political system, unions and corporations alike.

How about this...only individual donations to candidates and they cannot exceed $1,000. Sound good?

really? then why hasnt it happened?

ur a joke; another left-wing moron lying to herself

it hasn't happened because your rightwingnuts on the court decided that corporations are people.

so who's the joke?

you need to get your information straight.....

and stop running around tossing out insults at people more knowledgeable than you are.

Spare me your outrage.......Unions and the DNC have been giving massive political contributions forever................

Your side's problem is that the other side is trying to fight fire with fire and you don't like it...................

And I'm tired of having the best Politicians money can buy on either side........which is why I support getting rid of the Status Quo on both sides...........

it hasn't happened because your rightwingnuts on the court decided that corporations are people.

so who's the joke?

you need to get your information straight.....

and stop running around tossing out insults at people more knowledgeable than you are.

Spare me your outrage.......Unions and the DNC have been giving massive political contributions forever................

Your side's problem is that the other side is trying to fight fire with fire and you don't like it...................

And I'm tired of having the best Politicians money can buy on either side........which is why I support getting rid of the Status Quo on both sides...........

Don't be fooled by Jillian's self proclamation of "intelligence" :D

Republicans feel they "own" the country and it's only OK when they do it. The truth is, if the IRS didn't illegally rewrite the law under a Republican president, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

What? The IRS was headed by a Bush appointee. And since Cumming released transcripts and FULL lists, we know only a third of the groups targeted were Republican. The other two thirds being Democrats and Independents. We already know. It's out there. The so called scandal is so over. Only a few desperate scumbags keep trying to keep it going. Kinda like the "birth certificate" thing.

<cough>

from BEFORE the IRS imbroglio came up...

From 2011 -- Look

mm_zpsc1a9d330.jpg

Fox was hep on the bandwagon (some here might remember it) of contacting the IRS ...about an org they thought should be scrutinized...

"July 1, 2011- Fox News continues to hype this issue. They have run numerous stories on air by James Rosen, Steve Doocy, and Bret Baier, many of which include instructions and appeals to file an IRS complaint against Media Matters. Fox Nation has bumped the story to the top of their page all week, including the IRS link. See below for new action items."

Fox was on the story way back before it became well known.

So you think that's bad? Investigative journalism is bad?

Isn't the media supposed to be the government watchdog?
This is what YOU said:

"Democrats have no qualms of conscience in sending the IRS after conservatives."

I've shown you Foxers / CONS telling it's audience to sic the IRS on them - complete with links to the IRS

They obviously are OK with extra IRS scrutiny ...right?

Here's O'Reilly doing same:

O’Reilly Calls For Formal Objection Filed Against Media Matters’ Tax-Exempt Status

And let's see, the The Media Research Center - Brent Bozell's pile of conservative propaganda garbagola...is///

what is that again?

Oh yeah...
The Media Research Center is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit and education foundation

Media Research Center Contact

I hope you understand what purpose of the constitution is.

It speaks of the powers of government, it's limitations, and inhibits them from abusing their authority over us. It is supposed to protect us from this very thing.

If you want to bring up a civil suit against Fox for doing what the government is prohibited from, feel free.

Investigating the NAACP was justified. Investigating talkshow hosts is not.

What? The IRS was headed by a Bush appointee. And since Cumming released transcripts and FULL lists, we know only a third of the groups targeted were Republican. The other two thirds being Democrats and Independents. We already know. It's out there. The so called scandal is so over. Only a few desperate scumbags keep trying to keep it going. Kinda like the "birth certificate" thing.

The last story only brings up 3 groups. Greenpeace, a church in Pasadena, and the NAACP. All retained their tax-free status. Compare that to hundreds of conservative groups, every conservative personality on TV and radio, political donors, private citizens not filing for tax exemptions, the list goes on.

3 groups were investigated, according to your link, and ultimately retained their tax deductions, yet hundreds of conservative groups never got them or are still waiting for approval

libs have no problem with the notion of Mafia-infested unions being people

idiots and hypocrites

Really? I ask because every "lib" I know would be more than happy to get all the large money donations out of our political system, unions and corporations alike.

How about this...only individual donations to candidates and they cannot exceed $1,000. Sound good?

Why am I "lying to myself" because I want big money out of our elected representatives pockets?

Why hasn't it happened? Did you seriously just ask that with some sort of straight face?

If they totally do away with tax exemptions for 501 groups the Democrats will continue business as usual and the IRS will ignore them. They are changing the rules to cover their asses for shutting down Conservative groups and to justify shutting them down in future elections.

Liberal Non-Disclosure Groups, (501 c4) have already spent more than double the Conservatives for the 2014 elections and not a peep out of the IRS. The Conservative Non-Disclosure Groups are still shut down as the Hearings continue in Congress. Lois Lerner takes the fifth, and the IRS continues to 'sit' on the Conservative applications, effectively shutting them down. This is criminal and people should be hung by the neck till dead for it:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2013/11/liberal-dark-money-dominating-2014-elections.html

Last edited:
We've already established precedent with the likes of the NAACP...

You mean like this?

"Nearly two years after a controversial decision to investigate the NAACP for criticizing President Bush during the 2004 presidential campaign, the Internal Revenue Service has ruled that the remarks did not violate the group's tax-exempt status."

Whoever decided that they weren't political was lying. It's pretty clear that the NAACP is a purely political organization. They claim they're into public service, but the only service they seem to do is drumming up racism in the black community. They were extremely active in the Trayvon Martin case, which became a focal point for racism in an election cycle. Recently they have submitted nominations for the DoJ's civil rights division.

GTY_Debo_Adegbile_16x9_608.jpg

Seven Democrats took a rare step Wednesday and joined Republicans to oppose President Obama&#8217;s pick to head the Justice Department&#8217;s Civil Rights Division.

The Senate failed to advance the nomination of attorney Debo Adegbile by a vote of 47 to 52 as eight Democratic senators voted against invoking cloture on the nominee. The senators included Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., Chris Coons, D-Del., Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., Joe Manchin, D-W.V., Mark Pryor, D-Ark., and John Walsh, D-Mt. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid joined the seven senators by voting no for technical reasons which allow him to bring up the nominee in the future.

Adegbile&#8217;s nomination was controversial because of his previous work as counsel for the NAACP&#8217;s Legal Defense Fund, which helped overturn the death sentence of Mumia Abu-Jamal, who was convicted over 30 years ago of killing Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. Both of Pennsylvania&#8217;s senators, including Democrat Casey, were vocal in their opposition to Adegbile&#8217;s nomination.

Senate Dems Join GOP to Block Justice Nominee Who Defended Cop Killer - ABC News

These people are purely a political animal. They have no right to tax-free status under the law.

Adegbile was much more than a counsel for the NAALCP (national assiciation for the advancement of LIBERAL Colored People). He attended and spoke at rallies to free the cop killer, he organized and led protests and rallies against the cop killer's imprisonment.

If they totally do away with tax exemptions for 501 groups the Democrats will continue business as usual and the IRS will ignore them. They are changing the rules to cover their asses for shutting down Conservative groups and to justify shutting them down in future elections.

Liberal Non-Disclosure Groups, (501 c4) have already spend more than double the Conservatives for the 2014 elections and not a peep out of the IRS. The Conservative Non-Disclosure Groups are still shut down as the Hearings continue in Congress. Lois Lerner takes the fifth, and the IRS continues to 'sit' on the Conservative applications, effectively shutting them down. This is criminal and people should be hung by the neck till dead for it:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2013/11/liberal-dark-money-dominating-2014-elections.html

Stop it, I double dog dare you!

[

We've already established precedent with the likes of the NAACP, and even Obama's brother, Malik Obama got 501c status for fundraising for the Muslim Brotherhood. You don't seem to have a problem with the Democrats breaking the rules. Only when conservatives supposedly do it do you start whining.

The NAACP has been around for 100 years and there's no real doubt that it's a "social welfare agency". It got its tax exemption a long time before SCOTUS fucked everything up and decided corporations were people.

Again, here's the thing. Nothing was stopping these Teabaggers from applying as 527 groups and getting a tax exemption. They just had to disclose who their donors were.

libs have no problem with the notion of Mafia-infested unions being people

idiots and hypocrites

Hell! They have no problem with Corporations being people, as long as it's the right Corporations, those who promote and finance Liberal causes.
They never had a problem with 501 c4's until Conservatives started using them, only want to shut down the Conservative ones.

Why am I "lying to myself" because I want big money out of our elected representatives pockets?

Why hasn't it happened? Did you seriously just ask that with some sort of straight face?

lmao! did you seriously just not answer the question??

The last story only brings up 3 groups. Greenpeace, a church in Pasadena, and the NAACP. All retained their tax-free status. Compare that to hundreds of conservative groups, every conservative personality on TV and radio, political donors, private citizens not filing for tax exemptions, the list goes on.

3 groups were investigated, according to your link, and ultimately retained their tax deductions, yet hundreds of conservative groups never got them or are still waiting for approval

So what exactly is the law compared to how the IRS under a Republican president rewrote it?

the question was never accountability

try another straw man

the question was ONLY right-wing groups were being held "accountable"; and by accountable meaning held like they were guilty of something before they even formed.. it was about preventing their speech

who are you trying to fool; but yourself left-wing moron?

How does making them disclose who their donors are limit their free speech?

There's history of big donors to the losing Party being unjustly and without cause attacked by the IRS the EPA the FCC and other Federal Agencies.
Then there's the little thing the Left uses to legalize murder of babies in the womb, "The Right of privacy", which by the way is not in the Constitution but if you Leftist can use it to justify killing millions of babies we can surely use it to keep private who we support in elections!

Forum List

Back