Democratic admin taking out AQ leaders at rapid pace

Good thing Obama kept the Bush administrations policies in place huh?

Bush was nice to leave Bin Laden and all these other terrorists alone so Obama could take them out. Turns out that Bush was a pretty nice guy after all.

Yeah well Bush realized how inept Obama would be in everything so he decided to throw him a bone.

Instead, it shows how successful Obama could be without Republican obstructionism. Who knew Republicans would damage the president more than al Qaeda?

I thought it was the Defense Department that was responsible for this wonderful success. You know, the department that this administration wants all the deepest cuts to come from?......

At the direction of the president. They aren't "new". They were there during the last administration. Only then, the leaders were liars and Republican.

Interesting who is standing up and applauding international assassination as a legitimate foreign policy. :eusa_think:

Count me in as one who is :clap2::clap2::clap2: the foriegn policy of taking out everyone who joins al Queda and has anything to do with their ongoing efforts to kill Americans.

Interesting who is standing up and applauding international assassination as a legitimate foreign policy. :eusa_think:

Good catch... :clap2:

And I believe it is a legitimate foreign policy when one is attacked. Regardless if a Dem is spouting it off. There needs to be a connection between these two parties regardless of the platform.

At the moment, there is none.

Count me in as one who is :clap2::clap2::clap2: the foriegn policy of taking out everyone who joins al Queda and has anything to do with their ongoing efforts to kill Americans.

And me...

Last edited:

Um no. He replaced them with policies such as "Hey guess what? OBL IS a priority!" and also a committed effort to get AQ wherever they were - even on the soil of allies - as he promised earlier.
So this is one way in which Bush sucked really, really badly and Obama has been great.
Too bad he sucks so bad when it comes to his domestic agenda.

Bush was nice to leave Bin Laden and all these other terrorists alone so Obama could take them out. Turns out that Bush was a pretty nice guy after all.

I wasn't that long ago that Obama wanted to give terrorist Constitutional rights..

_52000767_000301277-1.jpg

April 4, 2011
In a sharp reversal of the Obama administration's policy on trying Sept. 11 suspects in U.S. courts, mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-conspirators will be tried in a military commission at Guantanamo Bay.

Attorney General Eric Holder today placed the blame squarely on Congress for creating conditions where the Department of Justice cannot try them in a federal court, saying their decision would gravely impact U.S. national security and counterterrorism efforts.

They "tied our hands in a away that could have serious ramifications," he said today. "In reality, I know this case in a way that members of Congress do not. Do I know better than them? Yes."

Mohammed was to have been tried in New York City, but city officials strongly objected to the move and Congress refused to appropriate funds to house Guantanamo inmates on mainland United States and to provide funds for a trial of extraordinary expense.

Holder said he stands by his decision to try the terror suspects in U.S. federal courts, but was forced to resume the military commission because realistically, "those restrictions are unlikely to be overturned in the near future." He added that the Obama administration still intends to eventually close the detainee center altogether, as the president had announced after becoming president.

Obama, both as candidate and as president, strongly objected to the military tribunals set up by the Bush administration. In 2006, he said their structure was "poorly thought out" and immediately upon taking office, he signed an executive order to close the detainee center at Guantanamo Bay. He later said that the tribunals "failed to establish a legitimate legal framework and undermined our capability to ensure swift and certain justice."

The White House today had little to say about the president's reversal of policy.

9/11 Mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to be Tried by Military Commission - ABC News

Although it is good to kill some of these terrorists if we could capture some of them and use some enhance interrogation techniques that would be better. We probably could have captured Bin-Laden, but it was just easier kill him after all the liberal demagoguery, and Obama was part of that.

I'm glad you served but to give the POTUS first credit for an operation that he probably knew nothing about is a tad ridiculous...don't you think?

"knew nothing about?" So now you're proving that you didn't read the article :eusa_eh: Keep digging :dig:
To be sure, Mr. Obama made important refinements and changes. Most notably, he has significantly increased the use of covert and clandestine operations by C.I.A. paramilitary and Special Operations forces from the United States military.
He made those policy decisions. Who do you think did it, the WH Press Secretary? :banghead:

Did he have a hand in this operation? No, he didn't. He gave the go ahead for OBL but this was a long running mission and they fired when they had the opportunity. Obama didn't hear about it till afterwords. Nice try twit but I actually DO read and more importantly I comprehend what is being written, but by all means keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper, it's rather amusing.

Um, do you just make this stuff up? Long ago Obama resinstated the prioritizing of OBL and AQ. He made clear he would go into allied countries if we knew we were there.
Oh and as far as him not hearing about it until afterwards because you know, you read and stuff... guess you didn't see the photos that were taken as he and others watched the mission in real time, right after HE gave the order.
But hey! You uh, read and stuff! Which is uh, nice...

I thought it was the Defense Department that was responsible for this wonderful success. You know, the department that this administration wants all the deepest cuts to come from?......

Another one who is ignorant of the Constitution?

Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

And deep cuts? Sure. We spend more then the world combined on our military.

Eisenhower warned of the military/industrial complex. Well, here it is.

So you actually think they haven't used years and years of intell to locate these people? Obama gets the credit started by Bush if it's good, but if it's bad it's all Buoooosh'es fault otherwise.

It is childish and cynical either blame the POTUS or credit the POTUS for these kinds of events.

These killer drones have been on duty for a long time. Occassionally they hit paydirt. That is obviously a good thing

Sadly, they also are killing innocent people and making the locals angry.

For the benefit of those of you who don't care about that, know that that is a bad thing for this nation.

I doubt this program is, on the whole, really such a good idea.

For gathering intel, they're great!

For taking out bad guys, great but only if they never screw up.

Assessments of the results of the attacks differ.[11] Daniel Byman from the Brookings Institution suggests that drone strikes may kill "10 or so civilians" for every militant killed.[12] In contrast, the New America Foundation has estimated that 80 percent of those killed in the attacks were militants.[13] The Pakistani military has stated that most of those killed were hardcore Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants.[14] The Bureau of Investigative Journalism based on extensive research found that at least 385 civilians were among the dead out of a total of between 1658 and 2597 killed.[15] The CIA believes that the strikes conducted since May 2010 have killed over 600 militants and not caused any civilian fatalities.[11]
According to secret cables leaked by Wikileaks Pakistan's Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani not only tacitly agreed to the drone flights but in 2008 requested Americans to increase them.[16] However Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik said "Drone missiles cause collateral damage. A few militants are killed, but the majority of victims are innocent citizens,"[17] The strikes are often linked to Anti-American sentiment in Pakistan and the growing questionability of the scope and extent of CIA activities in Pakistan.

source

"knew nothing about?" So now you're proving that you didn't read the article :eusa_eh: Keep digging :dig:

He made those policy decisions. Who do you think did it, the WH Press Secretary? :banghead:

Did he have a hand in this operation? No, he didn't. He gave the go ahead for OBL but this was a long running mission and they fired when they had the opportunity. Obama didn't hear about it till afterwords. Nice try twit but I actually DO read and more importantly I comprehend what is being written, but by all means keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper, it's rather amusing.

Um, do you just make this stuff up? Long ago Obama resinstated the prioritizing of OBL and AQ. He made clear he would go into allied countries if we knew we were there.
Oh and as far as him not hearing about it until afterwards because you know, you read and stuff... guess you didn't see the photos that were taken as he and others watched the mission in real time, right after HE gave the order.
But hey! You uh, read and stuff! Which is uh, nice...

I guess you're not too sharp are you. I said other than OBL which he was certainly watching and that he gave direct orders to do, though after agonising over it for 19 hours, he had no hand in THIS operation. Remedial English is clearly in order for you my friend.

Yeah. The President just continued what the last Repub admin was doing :rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/world/middleeast/09intel.html
Published: June 8, 2011

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

quit while you're behind righties.

So you actually think they haven't used years and years of intell to locate these people? Obama gets the credit started by Bush if it's good, but if it's bad it's all Buoooosh'es fault otherwise.

Actually, what you're trying to portray as foolish is much more accurate than you think - especially when it comes to terrorists. They operate in a cell structure.
Yes, tracking & finding people can take years and years but intel is very fluid, especially when it comes to dealing with a cell structure. From what I understand, after they stopped water-boarding and other lunacy, they actually got a couple pieces of logistical intel that did indeed, help the people who found OBL under Obama.

As far as your stupid whackjobbery about Obama=good, Bush=Bad, nah that's more you than those you claim it about. It's always easy to spot the whackjobs with a simple question:
What were the 3 best things Bush accomplished? 3 Best things Obama accomplished?
Whackjobs will have an answer for one president but are so blinded ideology or party, their answer for the other will always be "He didn't do anything good!". That would be you.

Yeah. The President just continued what the last Repub admin was doing :rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/world/middleeast/09intel.html
Published: June 8, 2011

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

quit while you're behind righties.
I didn't support about 90% of what Chimpola did, dickweed....Up to and including Iraq.

And it would appear that the war in Yemen isn't so "covert" anymore.

BTW....How does it feel to be pimping for undeclared neocon foreign wars?

Forum List

Back