Democrat Politics: Full-on Emotion

not a good idea-------the combination of heavy eating and politics can lead
to myocardial infarction in at risk persons

the popularity of the left wing, democrats, is based mostly on soiling someone else. I am going to coin the term, politics by mud.

Perfect. look at what they send out to their base on Thanksgiving to do at their family dinners. it's not have a good time, enjoy family. no it's talking points on how they can get in people's faces with politics, so they can disrupt everyone else's lives besides their own.
Get a load of this:
snip:
DNC offers holiday guide for dealing with Republican relatives

By Kelly Riddell - The Washington Times - Tuesday, November 24, 2015
The Democratic National Committee sent an email Tuesday to supporters with advice on how to talk to their Republican relatives during the holiday season, referring them to a website aimed at debunking right-wing talking points.

“It’s that time of year — full of food and fun and celebrating with family and friends. But we here at the DNC know that occasionally all that togetherness can lead to some … let’s call them ‘lively’ conversations about politics with one Republican uncle,” reads the email, sent by Luis Miranda, DNC communications director. “So I’m officially deputizing you to serve as a Deputy Democratic Spokesperson this holiday season — and giving you special access to all the facts you could ever want.

“We’ve designed a handy website with the perfect responses to all the most common right-wing talking points spouted by your family members who may spend a little too much time tuned into factually-challenged conservative talk radio,” the email reads.

Mr. Miranda advises Democrats “not to blame your Republican relatives too much — after all, they’re only taking after the GOP’s presidential candidates and their loose interpretation of reality.”

all of it here:
DNC offers holiday guide for dealing with Republican relatives - Washington Times

and how can we forget this from that thug you put in as our President

it's a sickness with that party filled with people who sends you out to HATE others.....and any wonder why their base is filled with a bunch of angry losers who are now loners because they listened to their party. sheeeesh

Well if the DNC didn't put out talking points and telling democrats what to say how would the democrats make any conversation?

I was at a party for a friends daughter. My friends, whom I never discussed politics are flaming Obama supporters. Ok, that is their business. Towards the end of the party the wife tears into me about how bad is GWB. Again, I never discussed my political persuasion nor did I bring up the subject. Not being the time and place I didn't say anything during her 5 minute diatribe. I think what was really going on is she needs and expensive drug and thinks the public should pay for it. I'll bet she got a surprise with Obamacare. I think what happened is that I do pretty well for myself by working my ass off. Apparently success is a measure of how conservative a person is and we know success is never the result of hard work. You didn't build that.

Any way, I think it remarkable how the left wing sounds so in line with each other.

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.
Lol are you kidding me? Man is commanded in the Bible to be charitable to the poor. Wealthy people have no place in heaven. They belong in Hell for their apparent selfishness. Jesus was biggest liberal that ever lived. It's so laughable the right-wing doesn't see that.

I happen to know quite a few very wealthy people and I am willing to bet any amount of money you'd like to wager that they all contribute more to charity each year than you. Wealthy people are generally very charitable.

Jesus wasn't a liberal. Liberals like to give away other people's money. Jesus didn't believe in that. Jesus believed in people being accountable and bearing responsibility for their actions. Liberals believe the opposite, that everyone is a victim and no one should be held accountable for anything... unless they are rich republicans... then they think they get to have a say on who gets into heaven.
Lol sure SOME are charitable, but the Bible makes it clear rich people have no place in heaven which means they must give away their wealth. Oh and of course Jesus makes it clear to be charitable to the poor. You're in denial.

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.
Lol are you kidding me? Man is commanded in the Bible to be charitable to the poor. Wealthy people have no place in heaven. They belong in Hell for their apparent selfishness. Jesus was biggest liberal that ever lived. It's so laughable the right-wing doesn't see that.

I happen to know quite a few very wealthy people and I am willing to bet any amount of money you'd like to wager that they all contribute more to charity each year than you. Wealthy people are generally very charitable.

Jesus wasn't a liberal. Liberals like to give away other people's money. Jesus didn't believe in that. Jesus believed in people being accountable and bearing responsibility for their actions. Liberals believe the opposite, that everyone is a victim and no one should be held accountable for anything... unless they are rich republicans... then they think they get to have a say on who gets into heaven.
Lol sure SOME are charitable, but the Bible makes it clear rich people have no place in heaven which means they must give away their wealth. Oh and of course Jesus makes it clear to be charitable to the poor. You're in denial.
They always seem to overlook that passage..

They always seem to overlook that passage..

Good thing "they" have hypocritical atheist to keep pointing it out.

Thanks for proving you have no understanding of the Bible or it's teachings.

the popularity of the left wing, democrats, is based mostly on soiling someone else. I am going to coin the term, politics by mud.

Perfect. look at what they send out to their base on Thanksgiving to do at their family dinners. it's not have a good time, enjoy family. no it's talking points on how they can get in people's faces with politics, so they can disrupt everyone else's lives besides their own.
Get a load of this:
snip:

The Democratic National Committee sent an email Tuesday to supporters with advice on how to talk to their Republican relatives during the holiday season, referring them to a website aimed at debunking right-wing talking points.

“It’s that time of year — full of food and fun and celebrating with family and friends. But we here at the DNC know that occasionally all that togetherness can lead to some … let’s call them ‘lively’ conversations about politics with one Republican uncle,” reads the email, sent by Luis Miranda, DNC communications director. “So I’m officially deputizing you to serve as a Deputy Democratic Spokesperson this holiday season — and giving you special access to all the facts you could ever want.

“We’ve designed a handy website with the perfect responses to all the most common right-wing talking points spouted by your family members who may spend a little too much time tuned into factually-challenged conservative talk radio,” the email reads.

Mr. Miranda advises Democrats “not to blame your Republican relatives too much — after all, they’re only taking after the GOP’s presidential candidates and their loose interpretation of reality.”

all of it here:
DNC offers holiday guide for dealing with Republican relatives - Washington Times

it's a sickness with that party filled with people who sends you out to HATE others.....and any wonder why their base is filled with a bunch of angry losers who are now loners because they listened to their party. sheeeesh

Well if the DNC didn't put out talking points and telling democrats what to say how would the democrats make any conversation?

I was at a party for a friends daughter. My friends, whom I never discussed politics are flaming Obama supporters. Ok, that is their business. Towards the end of the party the wife tears into me about how bad is GWB. Again, I never discussed my political persuasion nor did I bring up the subject. Not being the time and place I didn't say anything during her 5 minute diatribe. I think what was really going on is she needs and expensive drug and thinks the public should pay for it. I'll bet she got a surprise with Obamacare. I think what happened is that I do pretty well for myself by working my ass off. Apparently success is a measure of how conservative a person is and we know success is never the result of hard work. You didn't build that.

Any way, I think it remarkable how the left wing sounds so in line with each other.

they do sound all alike. that's why I came to calling them: sheep/parrots of the DNC talking points. it's almost scary to think they can Brainwash their followers. Look how Obama a Nobody, was able to swoop in and get elected. and their reason for it was, he gave a good speech at the DNC convention years before. Yikes
They've become so angry and hateful if you have a different view from theirs like a, (Republican/conservative) they come unglued on you.... they are getting damn scary.

Thank you Mr. Obvious. :)

Get a load of this:
snip:

all of it here:

they do sound all alike. that's why I came to calling them: sheep/parrots of the DNC talking points. it's almost scary to think they can Brainwash their followers. Look how Obama a Nobody, was able to swoop in and get elected. and their reason for it was, he gave a good speech at the DNC convention years before. Yikes
They've become so angry and hateful if you have a different view from theirs like a, (Republican/conservative) they come unglued on you.... they are getting damn scary.

That is why they think that the Republicans having so many candidates is a problem. They prefer to have on old bag to rely on.

I find it funny that liberals say conservatives use fear tactics when in fact it's the liberals that use fear.

Republicans push for voter ID laws to insure a fair election and the left cries that Republicans are taking voting rights away. Democrats say Republicans want to take away Social Security and let's not forget the fear mongering that goes on about the mythical global warming crap.

The left plays on people emotions, fear is one of the biggest emotions that they utilize.

But isn't that exactly what the OP did, and the Right is doing throughout this thread.
That is a rhetorical question, the answer is YES!

Lol it's amazing you people are in such denial over this.

Lol it's amazing you people are in such denial over this.

Not denying anything. The fact that you can read a passage from the Bible and not understand it is expected from a liberal.

Rich people can and do go to heaven. Jesus' parable was to warn people not to value the almighty dollar more than the Almighty God.

In order to fully understand what Jesus meant, you have to read more than one verse.

OK.....since Boss won't give me my lesson....let me open our examination with a verifiable fact for review:

In America, since 9/11, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, anti-government fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims.

That is a fact. Now....what is the appropriate unemotional, pragmatic response to learning this information?

The Bible makes no such claim. This is your false interpretation of something. Being charitable is not exclusive to Liberals or there would be no charity to speak of. Have you never heard of the Salvation Army or Helping Hands? Some of the greatest charity on earth is done by religious followers and they are not all liberals.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts.

Conservatives are no different.

That's why Trump can say retarded things like "We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it," and his supporters believe this nonsense.

It's not a liberal thing or a conservative thing. Cognitive bias a human thing.

A good psychologist would understand this most basic human condition.

Understand the condition. Lots of people are emotionally weak. My point is not people but politics. The Liberal left exploits emotional weakness.

In your case, we exploit mental weakness, social weakness and physical weakness all at the same time. Hoping someone gets raped is a symptom of all 3 syndromes.

Could you give me a link or a direction, any kind of info on that rape post? I had a little tiff with Boss in another thread and I've become very curious about the relationship between his profession and his posting style, there seems to be way more anger, bigotry, egotism etc. than I would expect a Psychologist to display in public. Anyway if you could direct me to that post somehow it might help with my amateur psychoanalysis of him.

The post was removed by the mods and I was censured for 5 days. It continues to be brought up against stated board policy and despite my reports to the mods. I guess there is a double standard at USMB when it comes to these things but oh fucking well.

In another thread, discussing terrorism and combating ISIS, I made the comment that I hoped candycorn and assclown's daughter would be raped and brutalized like the Swedish woman who's picture I posted, which was reported worldwide by Reuters. Mods thought I made a threat and the picture was "morbid" and violated board rules... fair enough, but it shouldn't be allowed for them to continue raising the post which has now been removed. I did my time, I paid the price, I should be allowed to move on in peace without harassment.

Now... the comments I made were not emotional, they were pragmatic. I don't wish ISIS terror upon these people because I am emotional but because I think that is the only way they are ever going to pull their heads out of the sand and fight. Until it hits home in a fundamental way, they will remain cowards who bash those trying to defeat it.

Forum List

Back