Democracy vs a Republic Perfectly Explained For Dummies

No no. Very limited. Very very limited.

Your ignorance is as funny as your grasp on persuasion is lacking.

Please reread the OP. Then, delve into history. Spend some time trying to get a handle on the Federalist papers and the writings of our Framers.

When Benjamin Franklin was asked at the end of the Constitutional convention what they had given us (the American people), he famously replied “a republic ma’am, if you can keep it.”

He knew far more than you do. And they chose a republic as opposed to a democracy for many reasons, some of which were crucial. Amongst those reasons was a pronounced mistrust of democracy.

Easily observed, if you’d care to try to think logically and honestly — for once. If you wanted to pass a law today and could get a majority of your fellow citizens to vote with you to shut down Fox News, you couldn’t do it. The majority doesn’t rule.

Similarly, if you or some other fascist in the Democrap Party saw fit to deny the Hispanic citizens their right to vote, even if you got a majority to say “yes!”, You’d lose. Again, the majority doesn’t rule. Why not? Because we aren’t a democracy. We are a Constitutional republic.

Stop looking at my body, by the way, you creepy vermin pervert. “No” means “no,” you bitch.
For all that you posted nothing to support you claim that the Founders intended for a minority to set policy or that we don’t operate as a representative democracy

For all that you posted nothing to support you claim that the Founders intended for a minority to set policy or that we don’t operate as a representative democracy
For all your absence of intelligence nothing you write there was of any value. It might help you to learn that the Framers (not the Founders) didn’t claim that we wanted rule but a minority. And I never said they did. Nice strawman imbecility by you! 🤣😂

We do operate our Constitutional republic via representation. It is thus the tool of “representative democracy” we make use of to run our Constitutional republic.

We ain’t a democracy. And none of your words change that FACT.

For all your absence of intelligence nothing you write there was of any value. It might help you to learn that the Framers (not the Founders) didn’t claim that we wanted rule but a minority. And I never said they did. Nice strawman imbecility by you! 🤣😂

We do operate our Constitutional republic via representation. It is thus the tool of “representative democracy” we make use of to run our Constitutional republic.

we are a democracy, the correct wording is as follows

The Constitution established a Federal democratic republic. It is the system of the Federal Government; it is democratic because the people govern themselves; and it is a republic because the Government’s power is derived from its people.

The main reason the recent push to call America a "Democracy" is to open the path by progressives to hand over ultimate power to them to decide what rights you have....We are NOT a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic.
You are an idiot.

I strongly suggest you read this book as soon as possible:

democracy-in-america-book.jpg

we are a democracy, the correct wording is as follows

The Constitution established a Federal democratic republic. It is the system of the Federal Government; it is democratic because the people govern themselves; and it is a republic because the Government’s power is derived from its people.
We are a Constitutional republic. We are absolutely NOT a democracy. We employ a version of democracy to have the people get a say (not the say) in our representatives. We are indeed also a federal system. The People don’t actually govern themselves because it is prevented by our Constitution to avoid the risk of a majority revoking any rights of a minority.

You can spin your word salad all day long. No wonder you like idiots like Kamelhump Harris and our buffoonish President, Brandon. But your words amount to nothing since they are meaningless — as employed by you.

We are a Constitutional republic. We are absolutely NOT a democracy. We employ a version of democracy to have the people get a say (not the say) in our representatives. We are indeed also a federal system. The People don’t actually govern themselves because it is prevented by our Constitution to avoid the risk of a majority revoking any rights of a minority.

You can spin your word salad all day long. No wonder you like idiots like Kamelhump Harris and our buffoonish President, Brandon. But your words amount to nothing since they are meaningless — as employed by you.
mOqSsC6.jpg

The terminology youre missing is direct democracy.
We arent a direct democracy or pure democracy.
Instead we democratically elect representatives to make policy on our behalf.

Folks that control things now seem to be doing a swell job.
We the people control things unless we abdicate that power to those who seek to take it, and inevitably abuse it. When we become too lazy, apathetic, and uninformed to fulfill our role the vacuum gets filled by the rich, the special interests, and corporations. Government is not an abstraction. It's made up of citizens, both appointed and elected. If we don't like how things are going we need to collectively look in the mirror.

mOqSsC6.jpg

The terminology youre missing is direct democracy.
We arent a direct democracy or pure democracy.
Instead we democratically elect representatives to make policy on our behalf.
We aren’t a democracy at all. We make use of a form or it. But we are a Constitutional republic. Thank God and the Framers.

The intentional removal of the People from the making of policy is a clear sign that we aren’t a democracy.

By the way dumfuk, you would be astounded how people see you when you attempt to communicate.
1657835639273.gif

Nothing… nothing in that screed makes any fucking sense

We aren’t a democracy at all. We make use of a form or it. But we are a Constitutional republic. Thank God and the Framers.

The intentional removal of the People from the making of policy is a clear sign that we aren’t a democracy.

By the way dumfuk, you would be astounded how people see you when you attempt to communicate. View attachment 670262

John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Noah Webster, Justice James Wilson and Chief Justice John Marshall all used the word democracy, which makes you a wannabe fascist.

We are a Constitutional republic. We are absolutely NOT a democracy.
You are also an idiot.

We are a representative democracy as opposed to a direct democracy.

Alexander Hamilton, one of the authors of the Federalist Papers:

When the deliberative or judicial powers are vested wholly or partly in the collective body of the people, you must expect error, confusion and instability. But a representative democracy, where the right of election is well secured and regulated & the exercise of the legislative, executive and judiciary authorities, is vested in select persons, chosen really and not nominally by the people, will in my opinion be most likely to be happy, regular and durable.

Abraham Lincoln:

And this issue embraces more than the fate of these United States. It presents to the whole family of man the question whether a constitutional republic, or democracy--a government of the people by the same people--can or can not maintain its territorial integrity against its own domestic foes.

You are also an idiot.

We are a representative democracy as opposed to a direct democracy.

Alexander Hamilton, one of the authors of the Federalist Papers:

When the deliberative or judicial powers are vested wholly or partly in the collective body of the people, you must expect error, confusion and instability. But a representative democracy, where the right of election is well secured and regulated & the exercise of the legislative, executive and judiciary authorities, is vested in select persons, chosen really and not nominally by the people, will in my opinion be most likely to be happy, regular and durable.

Abraham Lincoln:

And this issue embraces more than the fate of these United States. It presents to the whole family of man the question whether a constitutional republic, or democracy--a government of the people by the same people--can or can not maintain its territorial integrity against its own domestic foes.
No. You remain the crowned king of idiots.

And for all your endless verbosity, Ben Franklin got it right (and he was there). We were and we remain a Constitutional republic.

Maybe the tards will bleev their messiah Donald Trump:

We're gathered together in the heart of our nation's capital for one very, very basic and simple reason: To save our democracy.

No. You remain the crowned king of idiots.

And for all your endless verbosity, Ben Franklin got it right (and he was there). We were and we remain a Constitutional republic.
A constitutional republic is a subset of democracy, idiot.

Alexander Hamilton was there, too. Read a fucking history book, for chrissakes.

A constitutional republic is a subset of democracy, idiot.

No it’s not, you ignorant imbecile.
Alexander Hamilton was there, too. Read a fucking history book, for chrissakes.
I did. And unlike you, I’ve understood what I read. You remain clueless and wrong.

Oh, and we remain a Constitutional republic.

Thank me very much.

No it’s not, you ignorant imbecile.

I did. And unlike you, I’ve understood what I read. You remain clueless and wrong.

Oh, and we remain a Constitutional republic.

Thank me very much.
You are more than welcome to be intransigent in your ignorance.

Forum List

Back