Dem Sen. Hirono: I Told a Class of 8th Graders Their Abortion Rights Are Under Attack

Did she give each of them a box of signed condoms as a forget-me-not too, I wonder....

That'd probably be weird, this isn't a presidential visit after all.

True, and the Clintons probably grabbed all of those with the Presidential Seal on them on the way out of the White House anyhow....

OK.

I'll take that as consent. :113:

You could, but I wouldn't.

What she stated was not the truth, though. She should have been telling them how to keep from getting pregnant, rather than that others are trying to tell them when to have babies, since you feel sexual reproduction is an ok topic by a senator to 8th graders.
Here is the quote:

“I just met sixty 8th graders from a public school in Hawaii, and I told them I was coming to a rally in front of the Supreme Court. And they said, why? I said, it is because we are -- we have to fight for abortion rights, and they knew all about it. And I asked a girl in that group from 8th graders, how many of you girls think that government should be telling us women when and if we want to have babies? Not a single one of them raised their hand. And then -- (Cheering and Applause) -- boys who were there among the sixty, I said you know, it's kind of hard for a women to get pregnant without you guys. (Laughter) They got it. How many of you boys think that government should be telling girls and women when and if we're going to have babies? And not a single one of them raised their hand." (Cheering and Applause)

You may not like her stance on abortion but there is nothing untoward in what she said and the subject of reproductive rights is perfectly acceptable in an 8th grade class.

She wasn't giving them a sex ed course she was talking specifically about reproductive rights. She lied about nothing.

You’re such a partisan hack!

No one in our government is telling women when and if to have babies, but you’re dishonest, so you’re not going to acknowledge that.

Instead of this perhaps a class in how hard and important proper parenting is....and if a young girl doesn't want kids that is perfectly acceptable.

What she stated was not the truth, though. She should have been telling them how to keep from getting pregnant, rather than that others are trying to tell them when to have babies, since you feel sexual reproduction is an ok topic by a senator to 8th graders.
Here is the quote:

“I just met sixty 8th graders from a public school in Hawaii, and I told them I was coming to a rally in front of the Supreme Court. And they said, why? I said, it is because we are -- we have to fight for abortion rights, and they knew all about it. And I asked a girl in that group from 8th graders, how many of you girls think that government should be telling us women when and if we want to have babies? Not a single one of them raised their hand. And then -- (Cheering and Applause) -- boys who were there among the sixty, I said you know, it's kind of hard for a women to get pregnant without you guys. (Laughter) They got it. How many of you boys think that government should be telling girls and women when and if we're going to have babies? And not a single one of them raised their hand." (Cheering and Applause)

You may not like her stance on abortion but there is nothing untoward in what she said and the subject of reproductive rights is perfectly acceptable in an 8th grade class.

She wasn't giving them a sex ed course she was talking specifically about reproductive rights. She lied about nothing.

No one in our government is telling women when and if to have babies, but you’re dishonest, so you’re not going to acknowledge that.

Sure buddy. Trying to make abortion illegal is definitively telling women about their reproductive rights.

Here is the quote:

I do not agree-----to young for that kind of discussion------it might
be ok for a few at that age----but not all----AND there is also a
religious issue that could play out on the playground in kids
that young

Here is the quote:

I do not agree-----to young for that kind of discussion------it might
be ok for a few at that age----but not all----AND there is also a
religious issue that could play out on the playground in kids
that young

They are old enough to get pregnant so, yeah, they should be able to handle a conversation about their rights.

If they are god given then I guess the government has no right to interfere. And who claimed Hirono has the right to dictate your reproductive rights either? You appear to not have a grasp of the topic.

Oh sugarplum I have a very firm grasp on the topic at hand... Social Security used to be the third rail of politics, but idiots like crazie mazie are trying to define killing babies as the topic de jour for 2020... Bring it on you dumb asses...

Here is the quote:

Sure buddy. Trying to make abortion illegal is definitively telling women about their reproductive rights.

Yeah definitely gfy

Did she give each of them a box of signed condoms as a forget-me-not too, I wonder....

That'd probably be weird, this isn't a presidential visit after all.

True, and the Clintons probably grabbed all of those with the Presidential Seal on them on the way out of the White House anyhow....

OK.

I'll take that as consent. :113:

You could, but I wouldn't.

Party pooper.

got any sisters?

If they are god given then I guess the government has no right to interfere. And who claimed Hirono has the right to dictate your reproductive rights either? You appear to not have a grasp of the topic.

Oh sugarplum I have a very firm grasp on the topic at hand... Social Security used to be the third rail of politics, but idiots like crazie mazie are trying to define killing babies as the topic de jour for 2020... Bring it on you dumb asses...

You mean cutting social security was the third rail?

"Killing" a pinto bean is not.

Most Americans agree that abortion should be legal to at least some extent so sure, it's brought.

Remember classes where a fake baby was used to teach about what taking care of a baby is like? My daughter had to do it and I remember her saying nope....kids are not for me. That was effective. This was in 10th grade.

Here is the quote:

Yeah definitely gfy

Yeah, you should bow out.

Forum List

Back