Deism v Theism

I'm putting this in philosophy because it isn't about religion and the dogma that religion necessitates.

It's more a fundamental position.

Deism is the belief that there is a god or creator of the universe and its system of natural laws that govern its existence but that this creator does not actively control the universe or any of the life within.

Theism is grounded in the belief that the creator actively participates in and manipulates his creation on a regular basis all the way down to the minutiae of the lives of all life forms within the universe.

If there is a creator, and I don't know if there is or not, I'm more inclined to think he/she/it falls into the behavior pattern of the deist's idea of what creator does.

I just cannot imagine that this all powerful being really cares if people pray for good weather or for a good performance in a sporting event or whether a person lives or dies on the operating table and that this all powerful creator would stop what it is doing to intervene.
TOTALLY WRONG

THeism is a conviction from reason that there is a Creator
Deism is the view that God does not intervene in His Creation

Your thought is mindlessly illogical
First of all , why consult 'imagination' ? That is childish, might as well look at cow intestines.
Prayer is above all a person created in the image and likeness of God communicating with that God.
And nobody prays (certainly not Jews or Christians) except with thy will be done.
Why would Jesus say "give us this our daily Bread' -- your 3 reasons are dumb. God knows we need bread...God wants us to express our needs (just like parents with children)...and many things depend SOLELY on the asking, as reason must tell you.

If God doesn't care if you die on the operating table it is monstrously stupid of you to think He gave you life in the frist place FOR NO REASON.

You deseerve your darkness for being so unable to appreciate what it is to be a unique, free human being.

Yes, so even G. intervening in anything is an absurdity.
ILLOGICAL if nothing else.
That Bible that you take your illustrration from says your deduction is STUPID

Jeremiah says 12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,. and I will remember their sins no more.” == but you claim that God's Omniscience is beyond His own control.

Psalm 139 says
1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.

So how can you be so stupid to think that the same people who lived by that Psalm must have thought God never intervened.
The Bible to them IS IS IS The Word of God

I will let you go, no dealing with the illogical

TOTALLY WRONG

THeism is a conviction from reason that there is a Creator
Deism is the view that God does not intervene in His Creation

Your thought is mindlessly illogical
First of all , why consult 'imagination' ? That is childish, might as well look at cow intestines.
Prayer is above all a person created in the image and likeness of God communicating with that God.
And nobody prays (certainly not Jews or Christians) except with thy will be done.
Why would Jesus say "give us this our daily Bread' -- your 3 reasons are dumb. God knows we need bread...God wants us to express our needs (just like parents with children)...and many things depend SOLELY on the asking, as reason must tell you.

If God doesn't care if you die on the operating table it is monstrously stupid of you to think He gave you life in the frist place FOR NO REASON.

You deseerve your darkness for being so unable to appreciate what it is to be a unique, free human being.

I described deism and theism in the exact way you just did yet you say I'm wrong.

And you have never seen the god you say are created in the image of have you?

And just because I'm not religious in no way means I do not appreciate being alive.

I described deism and theism in the exact way you just did yet you say I'm wrong.

And you have never seen the god you say are created in the image of have you?

And just because I'm not religious in no way means I do not appreciate being alive.
Wrong even worse in your reply

I have not seen the thoughts in my head either:)
To appreciate being alive is maybe the lowest self-awareness you can have !! A dog rolling on his back should be your avatar

Wrong even worse in your reply

I have not seen the thoughts in my head either:)
To appreciate being alive is maybe the lowest self-awareness you can have !! A dog rolling on his back should be your avatar
A dog rolling on his back and being fully himself in the now is more alive than you will ever be.

A dog rolling on his back and being fully himself in the now is more alive than you will ever be.
BUt logically you are admitting that no present state of things can make your point. Hence you have no point.
Hence you border on the silly

BUt logically you are admitting that no present state of things can make your point. Hence you have no point.
Hence you border on the silly

And what of you? So morally weak you can't even stick to your own moral conviction you trumpeted to leave the forum .

And my dog was rolling on the floor this morning and she was more alive than you'll ever be./

And the now is all there will ever be. Too bad you don't know how to live in it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back