‘Defund the Police’ is a media fantasy

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
A new, exhaustive study by Gallup and the Knight Foundation found that Americans across the board are losing trust in the media. Some people might be shocked by this finding, but I suspect more people will be shocked to learn that the media had any trust left to lose.

Either way, I think a separate poll conducted by Gallup might illuminate the problem.

Not only Gallup, but rasmussen and others have gotten the same result.

Americans Dont trust the media and they support the police

If you’ve paid any attention to the news, particularly cable news, over the last couple of months since George Floyd’s killing by police in Minneapolis, you might think “defunding” or “abolishing” the police is a widely held and even somewhat mainstream desire.

Gallup suggests this is untrue. The vast majority of Americans of all races and ethnicities don’t want the police to leave their communities.

A new, exhaustive study by Gallup and the Knight Foundation found that Americans across the board are losing trust in the media. Some people might be shocked by this finding, but I suspect more people will be shocked to learn that the media had any trust left to lose.

Either way, I think a separate poll conducted by Gallup might illuminate the problem.

If you’ve paid any attention to the news, particularly cable news, over the last couple of months since George Floyd’s killing by police in Minneapolis, you might think “defunding” or “abolishing” the police is a widely held and even somewhat mainstream desire.

Gallup suggests this is untrue. The vast majority of Americans of all races and ethnicities don’t want the police to leave their communities.

Wow.......................when Trump does crappy poll numbers, many conservatives on here want to say the poll doesn't count. However, when it supports whatever b.s. narrative that you want it to, you say that the polls are correct.

I don't trust the media or trust the cops both exude false identities.

Need the cops dont need the main stream media, established blogs do a far better job of getting the truth to americans.

Really? You trust blogs over the media? Got news for you, blogs don't have to be vetted for truth, journalists do. But, that explains a lot, knowing that you get your news from opinion pieces randomly submitted to the internet. Blogs aren't real news, they are opinion pieces.

Need the cops dont need the main stream media, established blogs do a far better job of getting the truth to americans.

Really? You trust blogs over the media? Got news for you, blogs don't have to be vetted for truth, journalists do. But, that explains a lot, knowing that you get your news from opinion pieces randomly submitted to the internet. Blogs aren't real news, they are opinion pieces.

Uhh CNN and MSNBC vet squat, they lie incessantly about anything thats not progressive...the lionshare of americans dont trust them one bit

Wow.......................when Trump does crappy poll numbers, many conservatives on here want to say the poll doesn't count. However, when it supports whatever b.s. narrative that you want it to, you say that the polls are correct.

Thats true admittedly but the left does the same thing so thats a wash.

Polls on specific topics other than individuals tend to be more accurate

Uhh CNN and MSNBC vet squat, they lie incessantly about anything thats not progressive...the lionshare of americans dont trust them one bit

Really? Oh wait...............that is just your opinion as fed to you by Trump tweets.

Thats true admittedly but the left does the same thing so thats a wash.

Polls on specific topics other than individuals tend to be more accurate

Just because sometimes those who aren't on your side don't get it right, it's okay for your side to be blatantly wrong on most accounts, because they support your narrative? Hate to tell you, but facts are facts, truth is truth, and just because the other side does it does NOT justify the other side lying.

Really? Oh wait...............that is just your opinion as fed to you by Trump tweets.

You shouldnt make statements you cant support, Ive never seen a trump tweet unless someone copied it and pasted it in a forum, Ive never been on twitter.

You shouldnt make statements you cant support, Ive never seen a trump tweet unless someone copied it and pasted it in a forum, Ive never been on twitter.

I've never been on Twitter either. Doesn't change the fact that Trump and his b.s. tweets show up on the news on a regular basis though.

I've never been on Twitter either. Doesn't change the fact that Trump and his b.s. tweets show up on the news on a regular basis though.

AB I think youre confusing the media reporting lies and sometimes totally fake news stories to the american people to hurt trump and republicans and to help democrats.

Many of trumps tweets are to stroke the media and play them, which he does admirably

I hope you realize that trump exposed the media for what they are to americans, theres no more ambiquity a full 80% of americans say the media is biased and lie

AB I think youre confusing the media reporting lies and sometimes totally fake news stories to the american people to hurt trump and republicans and to help democrats.

Many of trumps tweets are to stroke the media and play them, which he does admirably

I hope you realize that trump exposed the media for what they are to americans, theres no more ambiquity a full 80% of americans say the media is biased and lie

Sorry, but if Trump tweeted it, and it can be verified that he did, it's not a lie, nor is it "fake news" to hurt him. Apparently, Trump supporters (as well as Trump himself) forget that there is a neat thing called "video" that shows him spewing bullshit, as well as the fact that anyone can go back and see if Trump tweeted something or not.

By the way......................you guys gotta quit giving Trump credit for everything. The first person to shout out "fake news" was actually Palin.

The Democrat party and all their hairbrained ideas are all media fantasies. You can't believe 5% of what the MSM says. They have been the main player in the coup to overthrow Trump from the beginning

Sorry, but if Trump tweeted it, and it can be verified that he did, it's not a lie, nor is it "fake news" to hurt him. Apparently, Trump supporters (as well as Trump himself) forget that there is a neat thing called "video" that shows him spewing bullshit, as well as the fact that anyone can go back and see if Trump tweeted something or not.

By the way......................you guys gotta quit giving Trump credit for everything. The first person to shout out "fake news" was actually Palin.

Biker I was not referring to CNN reporting Trumps tweets but you knew that...their entire station is predicated on bashing the right and lying...no, thats why their ratings just suck

/——/ That’s not what we say and you know it. We say fake polls of 800 random adults that over sample democRATs don’t count.

/——/ That’s not what we say and you know it. We say fake polls of 800 random adults that over sample democRATs don’t count.

You basically said that if the poll doesn't support your narrative, it's not a good poll. That is why you specifically said that polls that "over sample democRATS don't count". If it doesn't support Trump, it's "fake news" according to most Trump supporters.

You basically said that if the poll doesn't support your narrative, it's not a good poll. That is why you specifically said that polls that "over sample democRATS don't count". If it doesn't support Trump, it's "fake news" according to most Trump supporters.
/—-/ I didn’t “basically” say anything of the sort. You are twisting my words. Even polls that over sample Republicans don’t count- that is if you could find one.

Forum List

Back