Defund Obamacare in House Bill?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
It seems to me that the purpose of this strategy is to force Democrats to vote on this issue. The threat of a Presidential veto seems premature, since the Senate would have to pass this bill before it even reached the President's desk. Is this why Obama is so strident in his opposition?

The "strategy" is to make rw voters believe the Rs are actually doing anything when all they're really doing is throwing away tax payer money on more than 40 phoney votes.

I suspect they also know that most people don't know how a bill becomes a law or that, once its a law, it cannot be "defunded".

IOW, the R is still the same fraud they've been for a long time. They suck up money and go on vacations.

Not that Ds are much better but at least they're not lying about "repealing and defunding" ObamaCare.

There's a whole cottage industry that's sprung up around telling the rightwing base what they want to hear, reality be damned. These are the people who were, absurdly, expecting a Romney landslide because someone told them all the polls were skewed. Now, three budget cycles after the GOP took control of the House, they're being told yet again that Obamacare can somehow be defunded.

And they'll eat it up, as they always do.

This is about raising some money, and raising some profiles (especially among some of the GOPers with delusions of being President someday).

The "strategy" is to make rw voters believe the Rs are actually doing anything when all they're really doing is throwing away tax payer money on more than 40 phoney votes.

I suspect they also know that most people don't know how a bill becomes a law or that, once its a law, it cannot be "defunded".

IOW, the R is still the same fraud they've been for a long time. They suck up money and go on vacations.

Not that Ds are much better but at least they're not lying about "repealing and defunding" ObamaCare.

Is the ACA the only tentacle of government that was created via legislative law?

Forum List

Back