Defined Movie Studio

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The American masterpiece film Citizen Kane looked at the 'culture of media' unique to the USA. This Orson Welles achievement invites film fans and audiences (and critics) to comment on the 'negotiation' surrounding the marketing of movies and personality-centric social discourse (and politics) in America.

Hollywood (USA) movie studios observe the culture of America as they plan the production of their film projects and the storyboarding behind tomorrow's most popular films.

When we see films such as Celebrity, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, and World War Z, we get the feeling that Americans are now ultra-conscious of networking-related new age geo-political intrigue (e.g., European Union, NATO, eTrade, Facebook, etc.).

Imagine therefore that in 1990, an American movie studio (of major successes) is planning 4 projects over the course of the next 15 years and is considering social feedback from film fans. Would we cater to liberal dialogue regarding our 'progressive culture'?

1. Captain America (director: Tim Burton; stars: Peter Weller, Sam Shepard)
2. Amelia Earhart (director: Sydney Pollack; stars: Susan Sarandon, Richard Gere)
3. Cuba/Guevara (director: Mike Nichols; stars: Edward James Olmos, Peter Fonda)
4. Burger King Dystopia (director: Woody Allen; stars: Michael Douglas, Sarah Jessica Parker)

Such considerations seem to be the hallmark of the new age of media-gauged 'citizenry-dictated politics,' which is why perhaps David Fincher made the Facebook-history film The Social Network. Fincher is otherwise considered to be a film-maker who focuses on subculture-centric themes (e.g., Fight Club, Zodiac, The Game, etc.).

====

TOM CRUISE: You want me to make a film with an unknown actor??
STANLEY KUBRICK: Yes, he's Armenian (Ajay), and he'll play a 'celebrity-stalker'.
TOM CRUISE: There's already a film about that theme --- The Fan (it's good!).
STANLEY KUBRICK: This one will be different, since the 'fan' in ours is an unknown.
TOM CRUISE: So does Ajay's character have a grudge against fame?
STANLEY KUBRICK: He thinks he's a 'purist vigilante' (and he hates the media!).
TOM CRUISE: Not a big Facebook fan, eh?
STANLEY KUBRICK: No.
TOM CRUISE: Sounds like it could be interesting. Send me the script.
STANLEY KUBRICK: I'll have my secretary send you the 'culture curriculum.'

====

Major Film Studio

arrow-lantern2.jpg

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

(p.s. The Social Network was CIA government propaganda to rewrite the script about how Americans would perceive the reality of what and who is behind FB and how it started. It is probably only about 65% true.)

Doctor Dream

There seems to be an interest in synthesizing a cross-generational approach to media image marketing, which arguably began during the Gameshow Era on American TV.

Match Game (Wikipedia)

BloodyMary.jpg

Forum List

Back