Is The New Avatar Movie Trying To Be More Woke Than The First?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
R.jpg

It's been 15 years since the last Avatar movie was released. I've waited a long time to see a sequel.....and I'm afraid that after hearing the ridiculous virtue-signalling coming from Director James Cameron, this effort will be nauseatingly woke. Just about everything coming out of Disney studios these days hasn't been worth watching because of gender-swapping and a overall effort to diversify race in the lead characters.
I fully expect Jake Sulley to take a backseat to Neytiri and let her become the primary character. I have no problem with this....but then there's always the specter of a homosexual relationship that will rear it's ugly head for no good reason in the film...as is always the case in everything else Disney produces these days. Buzz Lightyear did it. Why not Avatar?

That's the major concern with Disney films these days. Great CGI with a seemingly good plot idea....that inevitably turns out to be a jumbled up mess of social statements and gender-bending. Good ideas that go down the rat-hole of political correctness. The major flaw in the original film was the obvious pandering to Native-Americans while painting the military industrial complex as a heartless aggressor bent on getting rich while destroying a native species. The film was brilliant in so many ways other than that.

Links

View attachment 740336

It's been 15 years since the last Avatar movie was released. I've waited a long time to see a sequel.....and I'm afraid that after hearing the ridiculous virtue-signalling coming from Director James Cameron, this effort will be nauseatingly woke. Just about everything coming out of Disney studios these days hasn't been worth watching because of gender-swapping and a overall effort to diversify race in the lead characters.
I fully expect Jake Sulley to take a backseat to Neytiri and let her become the primary character. I have no problem with this....but then there's always the specter of a homosexual relationship that will rear it's ugly head for no good reason in the film...as is always the case in everything else Disney produces these days. Buzz Lightyear did it. Why not Avatar?

That's the major concern with Disney films these days. Great CGI with a seemingly good plot idea....that inevitably turns out to be a jumbled up mess of social statements and gender-bending. Good ideas that go down the rat-hole of political correctness. The major flaw in the original film was the obvious pandering to Native-Americans while painting the military industrial complex as a heartless aggressor bent on getting rich while destroying a native species. The film was brilliant in so many ways other than that.

Links

Not a 'Dances with Wolves' fan eh? Pretty much the same plot with the same message.

That's the reason I very rarely watch ANY new movies these days, and damn sure will not go out and pay at a theatre. It's just too nauseating.

Even when I watch some of my favs from my younger years, I notice things I didn't back then.

Like in the Karate Kid......The "bad guy" was, you guessed it, a Marine. And the good guy.....Well you know.

:rolleyes:

That's the reason I very rarely watch ANY new movies these days, and damn sure will not go out and pay at a theatre. It's just too nauseating.

Even when I watch some of my favs from my younger years, I notice things I didn't back then.

Like in the Karate Kid......The "bad guy" was, you guessed it, a Marine. And the good guy.....Well you know.

:rolleyes:
The good guy turns out to be a bit gay.

I know.

It's like Dumbledore.....turned out to be a gay guy in a destructive platonic homosexual relationship.
Only thing that screws up Fantastic Beasts.

Even if somehow it turns out to be a good movie, I will still pass since Cameron is a woke retard himself at this point. This is the guy who tweeted out that there is too much testosterone:

52B2C107-BA69-4D8D-9720-BDAEC97A7E6A.jpeg

The good guy turns out to be a bit gay.

I know.

It's like Dumbledore.....turned out to be a gay guy in a destructive platonic homosexual relationship.
Only thing that screws up Fantastic Beasts.

I didn't know that. Makes sense though, our society loves promoting that stuff.

View attachment 740336

Links

I started calling the original Avatar dances with wolves on a moon around a gas giant.

View attachment 740336

Links

Once there was a script, that script became "Dances with Wolves," and it was good.

Then the script became "Dances with Samurai." (The Last Samurai) and it was pretty good.

Then the script became "Dances with Blue Monkeys" and the CGI was really good.

The script is tired now...

Even if somehow it turns out to be a good movie, I will still pass since Cameron is a woke retard himself at this point. This is the guy who tweeted out that there is too much testosterone:

View attachment 740345
It's ridiculous statements like this that can turn a highly anticipated movie into a boxoffice bomb.

I saw the trailer and it looks like nothing more than a retreading of the original.
Instead of learning how to ride a "sky horse".... it is a "sea horse".
And again, females are smarter and constantly have to save males from their stupidity and arrogance.
And no doubt again the military will be portrayed as a bunch of brainless murderers....
so naturally the critics are saying it is the best movie of all time.

View attachment 740336

Links

If Avatar is woke, The Last Samarai is woke (same plot), if the Last Samarai is woke, Dances with Wolves is woke (same plot), if Dances with Wolves is woke, Pocahontas is woke (same plot).

Forum List

Back