• Shotgun.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rifle.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Handgun.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bow.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Automobile (includes, cars, trucks, and low flying airplanes).

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't hunt deer at all.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A baseball bat because a exceptionally "macho".

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay........ I know you're talking about bow hunting, other than that it's all Greek........ :dunno:
I figured it out. It was October 4th. So I mark off October and then I mark off the zero and four. They make those tags so confusing.

And now you have to go online and report your deer. Pain in the ass.

Anyways, I shot a mid size doe. Great tasting and we purposely don't want to shoot the biggest does. The biggest does will produce the biggest bucks. We want to take some of the mid size doe out of the population. Too many of them. When we first got this hunting property there weren't this many deer. There were deer but not this many. This is a good thing but you don't want too many. So my brother is okay with me taking 1 or even 2 doe off the property.

I still can't get over how great of a tracker my dog is. People pay top dollar for a dog like this. I really didn't think I hit the deer the way it bounded off and I didn't see any blood until we got out of the ferns I shot her in, then past the trail, then down a deer path leading into the woods. I thought my dog was just fucking around but I had nothing to lose so I followed him. Suddenly I see blood on a leaf. I touch it and god damn it really was blood. Holy shit did I just injure the thing and is it running around slowly bleeding? I sure hope not. But it's great I finally found blood. So I start looking for more and I notice the dog get more and more excited like he's on to something. I didn't need to look anymore. He was on it. I was like GOOD BOY!!!!!!! GOOD BOY!!!! All night I was telling him how good he was. He fucking loves this! So do I.

I figured it out. It was October 4th. So I mark off October and then I mark off the zero and four. They make those tags so confusing.

And now you have to go online and report your deer. Pain in the ass.

Anyways, I shot a mid size doe. Great tasting and we purposely don't want to shoot the biggest does. The biggest does will produce the biggest bucks. We want to take some of the mid size doe out of the population. Too many of them. When we first got this hunting property there weren't this many deer. There were deer but not this many. This is a good thing but you don't want too many. So my brother is okay with me taking 1 or even 2 doe off the property.

I still can't get over how great of a tracker my dog is. People pay top dollar for a dog like this. I really didn't think I hit the deer the way it bounded off and I didn't see any blood until we got out of the ferns I shot her in, then past the trail, then down a deer path leading into the woods. I thought my dog was just fucking around but I had nothing to lose so I followed him. Suddenly I see blood on a leaf. I touch it and god damn it really was blood. Holy shit did I just injure the thing and is it running around slowly bleeding? I sure hope not. But it's great I finally found blood. So I start looking for more and I notice the dog get more and more excited like he's on to something. I didn't need to look anymore. He was on it. I was like GOOD BOY!!!!!!! GOOD BOY!!!! All night I was telling him how good he was. He fucking loves this! So do I.
Sounds like you (mostly) had a good time. I wasn't kidding when I said I do my only hunting in my local grocery meat department. Never hunted, never wanted to but I have no problem with people that do hunt. My dad was an avid hunter and fisherman, I was an avid camper, backpacker and rock climber.

Sounds like you (mostly) had a good time. I wasn't kidding when I said I do my only hunting in my local grocery meat department. Never hunted, never wanted to but I have no problem with people that do hunt. My dad was an avid hunter and fisherman, I was an avid camper, backpacker and rock climber.

I get why people don't like it. I love the deer. But I also love to eat meat. And people need to consider these are free range animals. People hate slaughter houses but eat meat that comes from slaughter houses and they hate deer hunting. Makes no sense.

There are probably 100 deer on my brothers 65 acres. Maybe 50. Maybe 20. Let's say 20. Then there are 20 in the neighbors to the left and right. I took one. My brother might take one this year. He won't shoot two he still has meat from last year when he shot 2. I might shoot another one. Either another medium size doe or 8 point buck. If I shoot a 8 or better, I have to pay $500 to mount the head. That's the deal. So I like shooting mid size doe. Trust me if I saw a monster doe I'd shoot it first. But they're smarter than the medium size younger does. Not so small you get no meat but not so big and old the meat is nasty/tough/old.

As the years go on you feel less bad for them. They met a quick end. I feel bad when I hear the coyote howling every night. That deer met a horrible end. My deer, it was quick and relatively painless if the shot was right on. If not, I hate it. I hate to see a deer suffer. And it does happen. Misses happen. So we practice. And we don't take a risky shot. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Yes I do love deer just not enough I won't kill and eat one. And any pork/beef even chicken eaters are hypocrites if they complain about what I do. Deer is some good eatin. And it's expensive. Consider this. It's a billion dollar industry. The people who complain about me, complain about a billion dollar industry. They what, want to shut it down?

Back to my dog. I told you he's a good tracker. I was so scared the night before I heard coyote howling and then he decides to run off in the woods and not come back even though I'm screaming. I got mad at him when he came back. Grabbed the back of his neck and yelled at him. Then in the house gave him a good talking to. But the next day was something different. I would have never found the deer without him
1664992182656.png

To keep the coyote and bear away, I gut my deer with a sled underneath to catch all the blood and guts. Then I pick up the sled and put it in my truck and drive it down to the river and dump it in the river. Sorry bear and coyote. I don't want to reward you at all. Go away. I

I get why people don't like it. I love the deer. But I also love to eat meat. And people need to consider these are free range animals. People hate slaughter houses but eat meat that comes from slaughter houses and they hate deer hunting. Makes no sense.

There are probably 100 deer on my brothers 65 acres. Maybe 50. Maybe 20. Let's say 20. Then there are 20 in the neighbors to the left and right. I took one. My brother might take one this year. He won't shoot two he still has meat from last year when he shot 2. I might shoot another one. Either another medium size doe or 8 point buck. If I shoot a 8 or better, I have to pay $500 to mount the head. That's the deal. So I like shooting mid size doe. Trust me if I saw a monster doe I'd shoot it first. But they're smarter than the medium size younger does. Not so small you get no meat but not so big and old the meat is nasty/tough/old.

As the years go on you feel less bad for them. They met a quick end. I feel bad when I hear the coyote howling every night. That deer met a horrible end. My deer, it was quick and relatively painless if the shot was right on. If not, I hate it. I hate to see a deer suffer. And it does happen. Misses happen. So we practice. And we don't take a risky shot. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Yes I do love deer just not enough I won't kill and eat one. And any pork/beef even chicken eaters are hypocrites if they complain about what I do. Deer is some good eatin. And it's expensive. Consider this. It's a billion dollar industry. The people who complain about me, complain about a billion dollar industry. They what, want to shut it down?

Back to my dog. I told you he's a good tracker. I was so scared the night before I heard coyote howling and then he decides to run off in the woods and not come back even though I'm screaming. I got mad at him when he came back. Grabbed the back of his neck and yelled at him. Then in the house gave him a good talking to. But the next day was something different. I would have never found the deer without him
View attachment 705973
Just to clarify, I don't hate hunting at all and I appreciate the hunters culling the herd it's just I have no interest in it. I don't fish but not because I hate fishermen or hate fish, it just bores the hell out of me.
It's kind of ironic, my dad was raised hunting and fishing in the back woods of Wisconsin, neither I nor my 3 brothers hunt or fish. My dad wanted to buy a ranch or small farm after he retired and have his 4 boys work it for him........ Not no, hell no from all 4 of us....... :lol:

Just to clarify, I don't hate hunting at all and I appreciate the hunters culling the herd it's just I have no interest in it. I don't fish but not because I hate fishermen or hate fish, it just bores the hell out of me.
It's kind of ironic, my dad was raised hunting and fishing in the back woods of Wisconsin, neither I nor my 3 brothers hunt or fish. My dad wanted to buy a ranch or small farm after he retired and have his 4 boys work it for him........ Not no, hell no from all 4 of us....... :lol:
My dad never hunted. We have a friend who we met in our 30's who got us into it. At first I was just camp bitch. Then one year they said, "why don't you get a license and borrow my shotgun?" Then they put me in the barn. Very comfortable. I got one and I was hooked. The next year they said, "you can't sit in the barn anymore. you have to sit in a tree stand like a man in the cold like the rest of us". Assholes. LOL.

My nephews like the property but only one of them has hunted and only a couple times. I think he got bored. But he really wants to shoot one. So we don't push them to go hunt. I'm sure they will go out one or two times this year but probably not go out when it's dark or go in a tree stand where it's cold. We will put them in a box blind with propane heaters. Once they shoot one, they'll be hooked. But until then, yea it can be a little boring. But they can play on their phones.

I hope they want to keep this property after we are dead. The oldest one says he wants to put a pond in the middle of the field one day. I think they've had a lot of great memories on this property. I know I have. I'm so glad my brother and I have something we both love to share. If we didn't have this how much would we hang out? He likes coming on my boat to fish in the summer but like you, I think fishing is boring.

I didn't get the impression you hate hunting. I appreciate your feedback. Today at work they are all making fun of my small deer. LOL.

My dad never hunted. We have a friend who we met in our 30's who got us into it. At first I was just camp bitch. Then one year they said, "why don't you get a license and borrow my shotgun?" Then they put me in the barn. Very comfortable. I got one and I was hooked. The next year they said, "you can't sit in the barn anymore. you have to sit in a tree stand like a man in the cold like the rest of us". Assholes. LOL.

My nephews like the property but only one of them has hunted and only a couple times. I think he got bored. But he really wants to shoot one. So we don't push them to go hunt. I'm sure they will go out one or two times this year but probably not go out when it's dark or go in a tree stand where it's cold. We will put them in a box blind with propane heaters. Once they shoot one, they'll be hooked. But until then, yea it can be a little boring. But they can play on their phones.

I hope they want to keep this property after we are dead. The oldest one says he wants to put a pond in the middle of the field one day. I think they've had a lot of great memories on this property. I know I have. I'm so glad my brother and I have something we both love to share. If we didn't have this how much would we hang out? He likes coming on my boat to fish in the summer but like you, I think fishing is boring.

I didn't get the impression you hate hunting. I appreciate your feedback. Today at work they are all making fun of my small deer. LOL.
Around this time of year I tell everyone that I shot my first turkey today. Scared the hell out of everyone in the frozen food section...........

Around this time of year I tell everyone that I shot my first turkey today. Scared the hell out of everyone in the frozen food section...........

I don't get it. Why would it scare anyone?

Speaking of turkey, they didn't even get scared when my dog started barking

1665070171868.png

Forum List

Back