• Shotgun.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rifle.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Handgun.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bow.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Automobile (includes, cars, trucks, and low flying airplanes).

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't hunt deer at all.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A baseball bat because a exceptionally "macho".

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bow hunt. I own a Whisper Creek Innovator Pro. After your first bow kill, any firearm kill seems like cheating. Besides, hunting deer is just a time killer until the ducks start flying.

I'm getting damn tempted to go that route-----wouldn't mind even trying it on a hog or turkey. How much money am I looking at ?

You can do it right for around 800 bucks, by the time you buy a bow, a release, arrows and broadheads.

Look at the PSE Brute or the Diamond Rock, both good bows for low money. I saw the Brute at Dick's Sporting Goods fully setup for about 550 a couple weeks ago.

Who was the comedian that said if you could put headlights on a bullet and slow it down to 55 mph you would never miss. :lol: Was it the Tater? I can't remember.

10 feet shit no I shot mine at 120 yards hit right where I aim at and he drop dead in his tracks. Didn't know what hit him. Hit some last year at 250-350 yards.I practice all year at differant distances and with differant weapons rifles/ blackpowder. Am accurate with both.

Wow. A whole 120 yards? Sniper material, you are.:lol:

That's pretty good if you ask me. I shot my first deer last year from 90 feet. I had a shotgun without a scope and got lucky. Hit her in the head when aiming at the heart.

This year a 6 point came up on me from about 30 feet away. I had a muzzle loader with a scope. Shot it a few times the week prior and I was accurate. I aimed and he was looking right at me thru the scope. I didn't want him to bolt so I shot him right in the head, only I hit his neck. Still dropped him in his track.

Seems like the head is a good place to aim. LOL. Just kidding. My next kill will be in the heart. But damn. Everytime I see it on tv, the deer runs a bit. With my two head shots, they didn't run an inch.

Okay, so you are as stupid about shooting as you are politics. !20 yards ain't shit. That's like point blank range.

F.Y. Gunny You probally don't hunt at all to much of a puss, can't stand the cold or wifey won't let you out of the house so you just play with yourself and keyboard. Grow some gonads and shut the F.Up!!! Pussboy!!!!

Samsonliver.jpg

Too many deer here. I don't let but a few I trust hunt on my property.
I will be killiing 3 myself this year. I antlered and 2 anterless. Just to thin them down.
They are hell on my alfalfa field.

I don't like em, just tag, field dress and give to the fish and wildlife depts wild food for the hungry program. expensive way to get rid of them though cost me about $75 just in permits.

I am allowed to kill deer without a liscence as nuisance if needed. This way is better less hassle to get the deer to someone who will appreciate it.
Strange thing though no nuisance killing of wild turkeys is allowed. And those suckers are thick. sometimes thy get in the chicken lot and terrorize my chickens and eat all their feed. Hell on gardens and flowerbeds too.

congrats on your deer, samson what was it and how big?

Oh, nothing special, 8 point whitetail somewhere near Uvalde, TX. Great neck shot though (not that it was particularly challenging from less than 50 yards with a scoped 30.06):redface:

Of course I did have two handicapps:

1. I'd ringed myself zeroing the site the day before:redface::redface::redface:

2. I had illegal messkins trying to climb into the blind with me:evil:

counting the days till next season, got to get my foodplot in first, didn't turn out to well last year all this global warming the weather was too cold and wet in spring, had really no summer at all in Wisconsin where I hunt. put in early spring and it didn't come up to well so I replanted and it never got to warm and had a bit of a drought, to much rain in the spring not enough in the end of summer. also had two handicaps also, one a corn plot in the neighbors farm that hasn't been a corn field for the last 12 years which was left standing due to global warming I mean the lack of heat to dry corn still standing in Dec. and a new quarry above my hunting property that scared of all the deer, ussally see tons of deer only saw two the whole season.

Deer hunters. It's almost that time again. Deer season. Counting the days yet? Just wondering, who hunts with what particular weapon? Take the poll. Lay it all out for us to have a peek at.

I hunt with a shotgun and slugs because that's the law here in Illinois. I also hunt with a handgun - usually a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag when I do. I'm notinterested in bow hunting. I would rather hunt deer with a rife but you can't do that in Illinois. What do you use?
Crossbow then I move to a Ruger 450 Bushmaster.

Deer hunters. It's almost that time again. Deer season. Counting the days yet? Just wondering, who hunts with what particular weapon? Take the poll. Lay it all out for us to have a peek at.

I hunt with a shotgun and slugs because that's the law here in Illinois. I also hunt with a handgun - usually a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag when I do. I'm notinterested in bow hunting. I would rather hunt deer with a rife but you can't do that in Illinois. What do you use?
I just shot a doe with my ten point crossbow. Crossbows are the shit. I can hit something 60 yards away. Beyond that I usually miss. I think I could be good at 80 yards if I practiced it. But it's a great time of year to go hunt. You just got to process it very quickly. I'm taking it in at 6am sharp. 52 degrees tonight. Yikes

These deer come in right under me. My brother put this box blind up in the perfect place. But if you want the big buck, you have to go back and climb one of the tree stands. That's where the Big Bucks are. I fucking hate it. I don't even want to drag them out of that heavy fallen shit. But it's perfect for them.

Hats off to my dog who is covered in blood right now. I don't know if I would have found her without him. I didn't find any blood. I just knew where she ran to so we started there. Suddenly he found a blood trail because I found some blood and wammo, he found her. I would have NEVER went in there or that far. What the fuck. God damn I love my fucking dog!!!!! Love you dog. I keep telling him he's like yea, I know bitch. What took you so long.

Went out and did a little hunting myself. Didn't need a permit or a gun for that matter.

iu
I aint gonna lie, it's expensive to hunt. I lost the bolt tonight. I have expensive tips on my bolts (arrows) which are expensive too. You almost forget how expensive it is to kill a deer. Then I have to go on the .gov website and tell on myself. Did I get everything exactly right? I thought it was Atswego county. So it was Charlevoix. Sue me bitches if I got something wrong. What is the date? Then they ask the day. notch first and second digit then they give you this

0123 and then 0123456789. so what do i mark off?

I aint gonna lie, it's expensive to hunt. I lost the bolt tonight. I have expensive tips on my bolts (arrows) which are expensive too. You almost forget how expensive it is to kill a deer. Then I have to go on the .gov website and tell on myself. Did I get everything exactly right? I thought it was Atswego county. So it was Charlevoix. Sue me bitches if I got something wrong. What is the date? Then they ask the day. notch first and second digit then they give you this

0123 and then 0123456789. so what do i mark off?
Okay........ I know you're talking about bow hunting, other than that it's all Greek........ :dunno:

Just wondering how many of these deer hunters are "pro-life".

Forum List

Back