• Shotgun.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rifle.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Handgun.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bow.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Automobile (includes, cars, trucks, and low flying airplanes).

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't hunt deer at all.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A baseball bat because a exceptionally "macho".

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Use a rifle that will get rid of them. Shoot them, then field dress them and off to the butcher!!! then start the grill!!!!

A bad day of hunting is better than any day at work. Remember you don't eat horns, you always have tommorrow to get the one you missed or maybe next season. Can't wait for opening day, just ordered a new pair of bibs last night hopefully they will show up before the opener!!! Good luck all hunters be safe and fill your tags!!!!

A bad day of hunting is better than any day at work. Remember you don't eat horns, you always have tommorrow to get the one you missed or maybe next season. Can't wait for opening day, just ordered a new pair of bibs last night hopefully they will show up before the opener!!! Good luck all hunters be safe and fill your tags!!!!

Amen to that----processed my deer in the AM and went back out for turkey this evening.
Can't beat it. Saw nothing for 5 hours and loved every minute of it !

Deer hunters. It's almost that time again. Deer season. Counting the days yet? Just wondering, who hunts with what particular weapon? Take the poll. Lay it all out for us to have a peek at.

I hunt with a shotgun and slugs because that's the law here in Illinois. I also hunt with a handgun - usually a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag when I do. I'm notinterested in bow hunting. I would rather hunt deer with a rife but you can't do that in Illinois. What do you use?

I'm either using a really accurate muzzle loader or a shotgun with a scope. I want to use teh shotgun because loading the muzzle loader is a pain in the ass and if you do one thing wrong, misfire. But damn is it accurate.

Depends on what the other guys bring/use. My brother has a good shotgun and the muzzle loader. If another buddy doesn't bring his shotgun with scope for me, I'll use my brother's muzzle loader. I don't mind. I only need one shot.

But I thought we were leaving tomorrow and turns out that opening day is Sunday? WTF!!! I took Friday off for nothing??? But I'm so excited, I can't sleep.

Amen to that----processed my deer in the AM and went back out for turkey this evening.

Last year was my first time, so I shot any adult doe that came in my path. This year, I'm going to wait for a big one and/or a buck. 8 point or better.

I have a friend who used to be a butcher and he processed my deer last year. I said he could have half the meat. I'm going to get it professionally done this year to see if he ripped me off. I liked getting it done free, but I think he took too much of the meat.

Nice 7 pointer today (after missing a Huge Buck last night) :evil:

They told me only 8 points or better this year. But I guarantee you that if I see any antlers at all, I'm going to kill it.

I've only shot one doe so if I see antlers, I'm going to shit my pants.

They even admit that they'll forgive me because I'm new to hunting. LOL.

I just got back. Ok, so the guy said 8 or better but then finished with, "unless it's a big 6". Glad he said that, because that's what I shot. He saw the rack and said, "I thought I said a BIG 6" and I said, "look at that body". He said, "I meant the rack!. I said, my bad, and he said that's alright, he should have been more clear. LOL. Fuck that! I've seen guys shoot smaller with less points and get away with it, so I just had to put up with some ribbing in between them having to hear my stories of what exactly happened.

First thing opening day he and a doe are to my left. I turn and spooked them but it was still dark so they didn't think that much of it. I thought they might circle and they did. The doe came up to check me out and the buck followed. He was staring at me and even did the bull move with one front hoof. My gun out of position, and I see 3 tines on one side, so I know it's probably a 6.

I'm using a muzzle loader, so I cock the hammer and slowly turn the gun and get him in my site. I can't believe he hasn't moved, but he looks like he's about to bolt. Fuck waiting for him to turn and run, so I shoot him square in the head. POW! I look over and I dropped him. The doe ran off. But it turns out I hit him in the neck, not the head like I thought. Still dropped him on the spot. He was close, and those bullets are big ass hollow points. I knew it would drop him. They say hit the body but so far I'm 2 for 3 with head shots. I was so happy. I was back at the cabin at 8a.m. opening day LOL.

Tonight I saw a doe and her kids I think, but they didn't stop to talk, or I'd have a doe too.

I'm the only one to get anything, but these guys are really selective and I'm not.

Next year 8 points and up only. They gave me a free pass because I was a buckless uper until now. LOL.

Dude, I'm spoiled. So far I've only gone out once and not shot at something. Today was boring. LOL. I know its relaxing but damn I like shooting.

I need to get a harnice so I can use the tree stand. I'm on the ground. Big disadvantage. I could have got that doe if I was up 20 feet looking down.

Got a nice 8 point buck second day of the season, followed my scent trail right to my stand.;; Boom slice, hang and off to the butcher for processing, can't wait for the steaks!!!!

Deer hunters. It's almost that time again. Deer season. Counting the days yet? Just wondering, who hunts with what particular weapon? Take the poll. Lay it all out for us to have a peek at.

I hunt with a shotgun and slugs because that's the law here in Illinois. I also hunt with a handgun - usually a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag when I do. I'm notinterested in bow hunting. I would rather hunt deer with a rife but you can't do that in Illinois. What do you use?

It's bushwhacking here. They lure them up to their little walmart camo roosts and blast them from about 10 feet.

:eusa_eh:

10 feet shit no I shot mine at 120 yards hit right where I aim at and he drop dead in his tracks. Didn't know what hit him. Hit some last year at 250-350 yards.I practice all year at differant distances and with differant weapons rifles/ blackpowder. Am accurate with both.

It's bushwhacking here. They lure them up to their little walmart camo roosts and blast them from about 10 feet.

Well shit Gunny-----in the middle of San Antonio what do you expect ? :lol:

I bow hunt. I own a Whisper Creek Innovator Pro. After your first bow kill, any firearm kill seems like cheating. Besides, hunting deer is just a time killer until the ducks start flying.

I bow hunt. I own a Whisper Creek Innovator Pro. After your first bow kill, any firearm kill seems like cheating. Besides, hunting deer is just a time killer until the ducks start flying.

I'm getting damn tempted to go that route-----wouldn't mind even trying it on a hog or turkey. How much money am I looking at ?

10 feet shit no I shot mine at 120 yards hit right where I aim at and he drop dead in his tracks. Didn't know what hit him. Hit some last year at 250-350 yards.I practice all year at differant distances and with differant weapons rifles/ blackpowder. Am accurate with both.

Wow. A whole 120 yards? Sniper material, you are.:lol:

Well shit Gunny-----in the middle of San Antonio what do you expect ? :lol:

Well, them f-ing deer won't stay out of the yard.:eusa_eh:

:lol:

Bagged my buck this year with a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck. Only had to hit him once.

Wow. A whole 120 yards? Sniper material, you are.:lol:

That's pretty good if you ask me. I shot my first deer last year from 90 feet. I had a shotgun without a scope and got lucky. Hit her in the head when aiming at the heart.

This year a 6 point came up on me from about 30 feet away. I had a muzzle loader with a scope. Shot it a few times the week prior and I was accurate. I aimed and he was looking right at me thru the scope. I didn't want him to bolt so I shot him right in the head, only I hit his neck. Still dropped him in his track.

Seems like the head is a good place to aim. LOL. Just kidding. My next kill will be in the heart. But damn. Everytime I see it on tv, the deer runs a bit. With my two head shots, they didn't run an inch.

Forum List

Back