Deep Red Teaparty state of Georgia considering.....

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
:up: raising taxes!!! Quelle surprise..... NOT!!!

In deep red Georgia Republicans consider raising taxes to pay for roads - Yahoo News
Neglected bridges and roads are in urgent need of repair, and the tough winters of this year and last have only made the problem worse and amplified the need to ease congestion.

Now, with Republican Gov. Nathan Deal having been re-elected last fall to a second and final term, a motivated and diverse coalition of lawmakers and outside groups say that it's time for Republicans — who wrested control of the state from Dixiecrats over a decade ago — to govern and do something about the problem.

They finally figured out that, contrary to Newt Gingrich (R) [creator of the current snake pit atmosphere in congress] & Paul Ryan (R), that governments are :up: expected to provide basic infrastructure. Aint that sumpin'?
facepalm.gif

oooooo, DEEP RED...who knew they became a Tea party state?

is that in their name anywhere or something?

can they get anymore dramatic

and what about it we need to know?

oooooo, DEEP RED

can they get anymore DRAMTIC...GAWD

here's a clue, you don't their laws...DON'T move there

simple
here ya go lunch lady:

In deep red Georgia Republicans consider raising taxes to pay for roads - Yahoo News
ATLANTA, GA – The Georgia Legislature is dominated by tea party Republicans and answerable to a conservative electorate that is viscerally antitax. And yet as this Southern state once again suffers through an icy winter, talk here has turned to raising taxes.

That's called state governments doing what state governments are supposed to do. Note that they didn't go to Washington, hat in hand, demanding that West Virginia coal miners pay to fix Georgian roads.

Neglected bridges and roads are in urgent need of repair, and the tough winters of this year and last have only made the problem worse and amplified the need to ease congestion.

Now, with Republican Gov. Nathan Deal having been re-elected last fall to a second and final term, a motivated and diverse coalition of lawmakers and outside groups say that it's time for Republicans — who wrested control of the state from Dixiecrats over a decade ago — to govern and do something about the problem.

They finally figured out that, contrary to Newt Gingrich (R) [creator of the current snake pit atmosphere in congress] & Paul Ryan (R), that governments are :up: expected to provide basic infrastructure. Aint that sumpin'?
facepalm.gif
All they have to do is cut welfare for minorities and they'll have plenty of infrastructure money.

The stupid these days is almost comical (deep red tea party state) if they were't frikken dangerous to us....because THEY vote for our lives...

Comprehension and discernment just aren't your cups of Tea, now are they...
Shit, I was hoping this was going to be a legal marijuana post!!!!!

Actually, right now, I could live with that, after the week I just had...

That's called state governments doing what state governments are supposed to do. Note that they didn't go to Washington, hat in hand, demanding that West Virginia coal miners pay to fix Georgian roads.
yeah. They just did what they campaigned against for the last 20 yrs dummy.

from my link lol
Grover Norquist’s Washington-based group, Americans for Tax Reform, has come out in opposition, estimating that one version of the bill would have raised the gas tax in the Peach State, including the federal tax of 18.4 cents a gallon, from 45.4 cents a gallon to as much as 53.6 cents per gallon. That prompted a public spat between House Speaker David Ralston and Norquist. Harper and Norquist also went back and forth on Twitter, ending with Harper taking a shot at Norquist for his association with disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

QL2wHAL.jpg

yeah. They just did what they campaigned against for the last 20 yrs dummy.

Wow, you seem to have a problem with politicians doing the opposite of what they promised. Can you name one of your favorites who has not done that, oh ye of little debate acumen?

ooooooooooo, the even got Grover in there

whoa

really people..IF you live or plan to move there let us all know how it went

facepalm.gif
All they have to do is cut welfare for minorities and they'll have plenty of infrastructure money.
What's the matter, cutting off white trash would mean you would starve?

Cut it off for everybody, or nobody at all.

What a stupid fuckin' post.

Comprehension and discernment just aren't your cups of Tea, now are they...
Shit, I was hoping this was going to be a legal marijuana post!!!!!

Actually, right now, I could live with that, after the week I just had...
No weed in the Fatherland?????

ooooooooooo, the even got Grover in there

whoa

really people..IF you live or plan to move there let us all know how it went
I am moving to GA.

I think it will be grand.

Taxes don't bother me, the way they are spent does.

Forum List

Back