Dear Leader and Family Off On Vacation Again

The difference between obama and Bush or Reagan is that obama has clearly opted out of being president. As the worst president since WWII (beating out even George W. Bush), obama is most described as distant and disengaged. When he goes on vacation, he passes distant and becomes detatched. He cuts what ever tenuous cord that connects him to reality and floats. No other president has ever done that.

We know that during crises he's often "out of touch" or otherwise engaged, often in fundraisers as during the Benghazi tragedy, he saw fit to fund raise in Las Vegas. But some may have forgotten the complaints of cabinet members and Congress people that he wasn't participating in the daily or weekly briefings that were expected from him.
Then their were commitments that had been promised be ignored. It, too became a concern throughout the White House and leaked to the press.

LOCKED IN THE CABINET

Obama says he’s heard the criticism from his Cabinet—and that he gets it. Before his second Inauguration, he ordered the Cabinet and West Wing officials to come up with a list of actions he could take without relying on Congress. At the same time, several members of his Cabinet told me that he had personally pledged to “do better” by them in his second term. “He assured me that things were going to change,” said Salazar

The president’s new chief of staff, the taut and task-driven McDonough, has drawn the assignment of making good on Obama’s pledge. When we met recently at the White House, McDonough told me he had made a point of visiting each member of the Cabinet in his or her own office to solicit advice on how to be more inclusive.Read more:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/locked-in-the-cabinet-99374_Page5.html#ixzz37NhWVseY

Read more: LOCKED IN THE CABINET - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO Magazine

Marc Thiessen: Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?

President Obama is touting his foreign policy experience on the campaign trail, but startling new statistics suggest that national security has not necessarily been the personal priority the president makes it out to be. It turns out that more than half the time, the commander in chief does not attend his daily
intelligence meeting.

Marc Thiessen: Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings? - The Washington Post

Obama Jobs Council hits 1 year without official meeting

President Barack Obama's Jobs Council hit a notable milestone on Thursday: one year without an official meeting. The 26-member panel is also set to expire at the end of the month, unless Obama extends its tenure.

President Barack Obama's Jobs Council hits 1 year without official meeting - POLITICO.com

I think he misses his Community Job. No one checked to see if he was doing it or not.

Last edited:
Does he care about Article 4, Section 4 of the US Constitution he swore to uphold that says, the federal government “shall protect each state from invasion”?

Apparently not as he's off for a week of golf and other fun at some millionaire's estate in Martha's Vineyard. :eusa_whistle:

Uh, aren't Democrats deeply distressed by income equality?

Anyhow, read the rest @ Obama going on vacation again as U.S. invaded | The Minority Report Blog

Quick someone change the locks on the White House doors, the squatters finally left!

The point is not just that he's taking a vacation - it's WHEN and WHERE he takes his vacations.

We are facing serious problems here and home and internationally. I would think that someone who truly care for this nation would be at the helm, directing his staff and agencies to provide him with information essential to making sound decisions.

So, why ISN'T he "at the helm"?

Taking a vacation on a property you already own AKA working from home is a big difference from traveling and using hotels. That's the real comparison. I would think that no matter where the president goes he is accessible at all times. So my question isn't really how many vacations he's taking so much as how much tax payer money is he spending doing it. if he's taking 20 vacations on the tax payer dime that's way to much. If he's going to a personal property to work from home and decompress at the same time like Bush going to his own ranch, I would think that costs less.

We either need to set a vacation allowance and/or set a number of days like most people do. My husband had worked for his company 10 years and gets three weeks. Most people get two weeks. The presidents job is stressful so maybe 4 weeks a year would be reasonable. My husband gets paid his weekly wages for each week he has on vacation so the President should also only get a weeks wages for each of his weeks off,with Job related traveling services paid for by tax payer dime for Secret service, airplane, and limo. Extra's like the White house chef can stay in Washington, Wifey can cook for him on vacation, it's not like she does the rest of the year.

The point is not just that he's taking a vacation - it's WHEN and WHERE he takes his vacations.

In your kook anti-reality bubble, you're constantly hysterical about one fake scandal or another. You've defined it so there's always a crisis, and so therefore the president can never take a vacation.

Sadly for you, normal people don't pay any attention to your hysteria, and aren't in a constant state of meltdown like you are. I'd ask you ODS kooks if that bothers you, but there's no need to ask, being it clearly does bother you. Your lack of credibility, however, is only your own problem. We're just going to enjoy the comedy of you sputtering and flailing.

Give the guy a break. He makes $450,000 a year. Do you really think anyone in the private sector would take on a job the size of the US Presidency for a lousy $450,000 a year without some major perks thrown in?

Nothing wrong with a president taking a vacation now and then.
However, maybe this wasn't the best time.

Forum List

Back