Dear "Conservatives"....

This thread also has to acknowledge that you don't need a conservative president as much as you need a conservative congress.

Look at the Clinton/Gingrich successes (and I am quite well aware of their big government failures too....but overall it was as good as we've had in a long time).

The point being that if, somehow, the dems regained the house, but Romney got elected.....we'd be in big trouble.

Now begins the equivocation.

This thread also has to acknowledge that you don't need a conservative president as much as you need a conservative congress.

Look at the Clinton/Gingrich successes (and I am quite well aware of their big government failures too....but overall it was as good as we've had in a long time).

The point being that if, somehow, the dems regained the house, but Romney got elected.....we'd be in big trouble.

And if that be the case Romney will have several Veto Pens at the ready where GW Bush didn't.

You honestly believe this shit, don't you.

You apparently do get fooled again.

It's just funny to watch the rank and file fall for it.

The rank and file don't fall for it.

I have been at meetings where conservatives have almost gotten into fist-fights over this very issue.

The clearly see the choices. I am not saying who is right and who is wrong.

I am saying they are talking it out.....sometimes very loudly.....and they never reach consensus....except that they don't want Obama.

They obviously do.

They are going to support a liberal simply to enable the GOP to regain the whitehouse.

????????????????????

They obvioulsy see the same things you do and some of them interpret them differently. This is like talking to TaiChitLiberal.

Some of them really feel Romney is conservative (which is probably those who feel he is more constitutionally oriented and fiscally conservative....social issues minimal).

Some feel differently.

Some will vote for him because they feel they have no choice.

Some will vote for him thinking he might actually do some cosernvative things in the WH.

Do I get my defnition ?

Again, you would sacrifice a degree of principle for a degree of expediency....

Yes, I would. Voting my principles is not always the wisest action. A 10% candidate, though he may be my preference will not get my vote because that would seal the victory for my least favorite candidate.
I am a Conservative. I want a more Conservative government. I will vote for the candidate (with a chance of winning) that most closely reflects my principles rather than effectively throwing my valuable vote away on "principles" and assuring a Progressive victory and 4 more years of obama.
Would I like to see a very Conservative Constitutionalist as President? Of Course. Ain't gonna happen this year. I'll take "less Liberal" over "more Liberal" or "bat shit crazy" any day.

Conservative to a degree.

It's never going to happen if you don't insist the GOP hand you conservative candidates.

Why did Santorum lose? Conservative GOP voters abandoned their principles wholesale for the sake of electing someone they thought could win.

This is why you are stuck with a pro choice, pro gay, government health care creating "conservative".

If liberalism is so bad, it would actually be better to let Obama win so that in 4 years you have a clearly superior product to offer voters as opposed to offering up a lukewarm candidate that miss labels himself as your brand.

But, from the dat Obama took office, the GOP has been obsessed with one thing: regaining the White House.

It's just funny to watch the rank and file fall for it.

And obama has been in campaign mode since 1/20/09. So what?

...if you support the Massachusetts liberal known as Mitt Romney you are not a conservative, you are just a Republican that will support whatever bag of shit they send you.

At least the Paul people have the balls to support a losing candidate that truly ebndorses their beliefs.

Sign in below....

It's been many many many years since I've been into "ebndorsing" anyone. It sounds dangerous.

Who the hell are you ?

I'll support who I want, where I want, when I want.

In this case, he's less a BOS than the current BOS-In-Chief we have now.

Eat crap and die.

So you are a Repblican, not a conservative. The two aren' mutually inclusive.

When you vote for a liberal for his nations highest office in November, you will demonstrate that you aren't a conservative.

Oh you would just love it if we sat at home like those Paul supporters you 'respect' so much... if its not their guy they sit it out :cuckoo:

Sorry bro, but I love my country WAY TOO MUCH to let you liberals get your way.
Our nation is suffering now because idiots like the ones you 'respect' so much stayed home rather than to vote for McCain in '08.

McCain was not my 1st choice then, and Romney was not my first choice this go around.... but I'll be damned if I ever place my vote for a man who wants to FUNDAMENTALLY change America.

Romney will do an infinitely better job than the community organizer we have now.

BTW, if there are any Paul supporters reading this.... please do the right thing and vote this idiot of office with us.
The further we can get from the leftists we have running this place, the closer we all get to a nation that adheres to The Constitution. Thats what I DO like about Ron Paul. He respects The Constitution... he just is a bit too whacky for me when it comes to national defense. Other than that, the man is dead on.... and maybe, just maybe we can get his son to run for POTUS soon.... (hint: 2016)

I don't care what you do.

I am just pointing out that the mantra of the joys of conservatism by posters like you is a little threadbare when you support a liberal.

...if you support the Massachusetts liberal known as Mitt Romney you are not a conservative, you are just a Republican that will support whatever bag of shit they send you.

At least the Paul people have the balls to support a losing candidate that truly ebndorses their beliefs.

Sign in below....

It's been many many many years since I've been into "ebndorsing" anyone. It sounds dangerous.

:lol:

Sign in below....

geaux, I've been leaning toward Romney for a while now. The reason is that he is NOT a radical on either side of the line. The time has come for the US to have someone who is more moderate in their stance.

Bush and Obama were the christ and antichrist and it is difficult to see who is which. We need a break from that kind of radicalism for a while.

BTW: I'm not a republican. I'm a democrat with some sense.

Now begins the equivocation.

Eat crap.....

Is there something untrue about what I said.

The whole Hope and Change argument was lost on the fact that he needed a bunch of little Obamas in congress and in the SCOTUS....or was this country NOT set up that way ?

It is stupid to think that Romney can just change things at will.

If he does not have a Tea Party presence to help him along....what can he do.....watch the country sink with the rest of us.

And he is one frealing hell of a businessperson,ill hand that to him as well.
it at least appears he wants to listen to the base...
rather than be megalomaniac like obama...doing his own thing.

When has Obama done his own thing?

He was for the Republican plan on cap-and-trade and the individual mandate.

He kept Gitmo open.

Extended the Bush tax cuts.

The guy's been a nice moderate Republican to this point. I think the far right would really be shitting their pants at this point had he passed single-payer and nationalized the banking and oil industries.

And if he didn't save GM, the same mother fuckers who hate him for saving it would be accusing him of hating cars.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good point, now you went a killed the OPs fun

Passing the buck to the issue of the congress doesn't make it go away.

So how does that liberalism feel on you? How many abortions in Massachusetts do you think Romney facilitated as governor? Now you own a little piece of that too!

So you are a Repblican, not a conservative. The two aren' mutually inclusive.

When you vote for a liberal for his nations highest office in November, you will demonstrate that you aren't a conservative.

Oh you would just love it if we sat at home like those Paul supporters you 'respect' so much... if its not their guy they sit it out :cuckoo:

Sorry bro, but I love my country WAY TOO MUCH to let you liberals get your way.
Our nation is suffering now because idiots like the ones you 'respect' so much stayed home rather than to vote for McCain in '08.

McCain was not my 1st choice then, and Romney was not my first choice this go around.... but I'll be damned if I ever place my vote for a man who wants to FUNDAMENTALLY change America.

Romney will do an infinitely better job than the community organizer we have now.

BTW, if there are any Paul supporters reading this.... please do the right thing and vote this idiot of office with us.
The further we can get from the leftists we have running this place, the closer we all get to a nation that adheres to The Constitution. Thats what I DO like about Ron Paul. He respects The Constitution... he just is a bit too whacky for me when it comes to national defense. Other than that, the man is dead on.... and maybe, just maybe we can get his son to run for POTUS soon.... (hint: 2016)

I don't care what you do.

I am just pointing out that the mantra of the joys of conservatism by posters like you is a little threadbare when you support a liberal.

When have I "supported" a liberal. I was for Cain, and Santorum.

I will now be voting for the guy who is'nt espousing Marxist viewpoints, and that scares you.

Hell, if Romney is so "liberal" you should be voting for him too. :dunno:

Passing the buck to the issue of the congress doesn't make it go away.

So how does that liberalism feel on you? How many abortions in Massachusetts do you think Romney facilitated as governor? Now you own a little piece of that too!

Romney is going to be President, you may as well stop pissing and moaning about it. man up.

They are going to support a liberal simply to enable the GOP to regain the whitehouse.

Romney may be a liberal in comparison, but at least he is'nt a commie lying bastard like Obama.

So you want to replace one liberal with another?

Fine. Just don't bore me with how this country needs conservative leadership.

You obviously don't believe that.

So is the point here that "real" conservatives won't vote for Romney, either they'll vote Libertarian or not vote at all?

How could a true conservative vote for a liberal like Romney?

Because a Romney administration will be more Conservative that an obama administration.
I'm almost glad obama has spent the last 3 1/2 years campaigning for reelection. Can you imagine how much damage he could do if he was to devote all of his energy to his agenda?

Sign in below....

geaux, I've been leaning toward Romney for a while now. The reason is that he is NOT a radical on either side of the line. The time has come for the US to have someone who is more moderate in their stance.

Bush and Obama were the christ and antichrist and it is difficult to see who is which. We need a break from that kind of radicalism for a while.

BTW: I'm not a republican. I'm a democrat with some sense.

Then this probably doesn't apply to you. This is for the self proclaimed conservatives who profess to hate liberalism.

The lions share of the budget surpluses of the Clinton years was found by the CBO to come from the 1993 BRA which was passed without ONE SINGLE republican vote.

Forum List

Back