Dead soldier's mom faces deportation......

okay i left...not meaning to say anything on this thread..but then it struck me...what did you people do ..not you crimson but the rest of you..other than being lucky enough to be born here...(i am deleting a lot of words cause we aint in the flame zone..but you know i am thinking them)

so tell me you pompous bunch of asses...what did you do to earn being a citizen?

step up and post what great things you have done to earn your citizenship?

bunch of mo fo assholes.....just think you are so damned special...and i want to know why...

We would do well to remember that all of us, except those who claim full First Nation status, were at one time aliens here.

I honestly hope that she is not only allowed to stay, but appreciated for her sacrifice.

okay i left...not meaning to say anything on this thread..but then it struck me...what did you people do ..not you crimson but the rest of you..other than being lucky enough to be born here...(i am deleting a lot of words cause we aint in the flame zone..but you know i am thinking them)

so tell me you pompous bunch of asses...what did you do to earn being a citizen?

bunch of mo fo assholes.....just think you are so damned special...and i want to know why...

What??

I don't think you will see one of those voicing any degree of opposition to just giving this woman citizenry without finishing the proper process calling themselves special or demonizing the woman... the poster who came off pompous was you with this inane post

I have plenty of words I am thinking about this bullshit stance of yours as well

She was almost deported. Am I wrong or does that indicate she wasn't totally legal?

If we are going to let her be a citizen of this country because she wants to be near her dead sons grave... what about all the illegals coming here that are leaving their family graves. Why aren't they concerned with leaving their dead family behind?

I need to understand the deportation thing before making up my mind about how I feel about this.

Being born here is enough to earn citizenship.

Why didn't she obtain her immigration documents like the rest of her family? It says she was here legally for 20 years and her son was her sponsor . . . but he was just 18 . . . so how is it that she is no longer here legally just because he died? If she was here legally when he was 8, what changed? Seems there is info missing . . . .

he was 25 not 18, where did you get 18? just read the article in abs's post, first line....25! ;)

:eek: I don't know! I thought I read 18. Serves me right for trying to post while hungry and doing other things, lol

Just curious, but how did she stay here before her son enlisted?

Ok, that was what I was attempting to ask. I failed.

eta, ABS said "Her son joined the military at 18 and was serving." I'll betcha that's where I picked it up.

Last edited:

But losing your son in service of this country isn't?

I served in combat in Nam.
My father served in WW2.

And that's why you get it.

actually I get it because of the Constitution.

Last edited:
so, let me get this strait.. she WOULD be a gold star mom if her paperwork was signed but.. since her SON DIED AS A SOLDIER before the ink could leave the pen she is not worth the consideration?

wow.

:rolleyes:

I'm not big on illegals in the US but as to the question about what SHE has done... I guess, the exact same thing every other gold star mother has done.

wow.

What??

I don't think you will see one of those voicing any degree of opposition to just giving this woman citizenry without finishing the proper process calling themselves special or demonizing the woman... the poster who came off pompous was you with this inane post

I have plenty of words I am thinking about this bullshit stance of yours as well

lets here it diamond...words dont scare me....

i just cant believe people are so callous .... she was well on the road to citizenship....when her sponsor was killed....serving this country....if you dont get that...i just cant explain it.

No it is not.. and frankly... I don't like the whole thing of having the only stipulation of 'being born here'.... personally.. my stance would be that if you're born here of someone here illegally, you don't get the benefit of legal status....

I served with a person who's parents were not US citizens.. they were Belgian citizens who were still living in Belgium... and I would not support them (if he would have died in service to our country) getting instant citizenry or special treatment to become citizens simply because of a sacrifice of a soldier, even if it is their son... there is a process, follow the process, even if there are hurdles to jump along the way (whether they be massive hurdles or barely noticeable)

What??

lets here it diamond...words dont scare me....

i just cant believe people are so callous .... she was well on the road to citizenship....when her sponsor was killed....serving this country....if you dont get that...i just cant explain it.

The road don't end just because her son died.. she wants the citizenship, she can finish the road on whatever path she has to legally take.. hope she gets it and earns her way in thru all the channels she has to traverse... if she follows the rules and does what she has to do, more power to her.... but nobody deserves a free pass in the process... you're not born here of legal citizens, follow that process and don't cry to the 'feel good story fairy' when you hit a little bump along the way

I don't get sacrifice to country?? I fucking served and spilled blood for this country... I have more metal in my leg than you have brains in your body.... you can take your pompous attitude and shove it up your bloody twat

No it is not.. and frankly... I don't like the whole thing of having the only stipulation of 'being born here'.... personally.. my stance would be that if you're born here of someone here illegally, you don't get the benefit of legal status....

I served with a person who's parents were not US citizens.. they were Belgian citizens who were still living in Belgium... and I would not support them (if he would have died in service to our country) getting instant citizenry or special treatment to become citizens simply because of a sacrifice of a soldier, even if it is their son... there is a process, follow the process, even if there are hurdles to jump along the way (whether they be massive hurdles or barely noticeable)

But she is living here - legally. She did everything right and gave her son in service to this country. I say she should stay - and more than that - I say we owe her a 'thank you'.

She was jumping hurdles. Her sponsor was KIA. You don't see this as a special circumstance?

so diamond if you are born here but of illegals its no?

do tell me what you consider worthy of citizenship...

does being a vet make you more worthy?

Forum List

Back