De Blasio says NYC will sue if the Trump administration tries to make Muslims register in a database

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
De Blasio says NYC will sue if the Trump administration tries to make Muslims register in a database

New York City would sue to stop the federal government if the Trump administration went forward with a plan to require all Muslims to register in a database, Mayor de Blasio said Monday.

De Blasio, in a speech before hundreds of supporters on Monday denouncing many of Trump's policies, said, "We will sue to block it."

"We will use all the tools at our disposal to stand up for our people," he said.

He spoke a day after President-elect Trump's Chief of Staff Reince Priebus told “Meet the Press” they wouldn't rule one out, though they weren't planning it

NYC will sue if Trump implements Muslim registry: De Blasio

Time for De Blasio and Emanuel to go! He can sue and so can the Federal government.

New York City would sue to stop the federal government if the Trump administration went forward with a plan to require all Muslims to register in a database, Mayor de Blasio said Monday.

De Blasio, in a speech before hundreds of supporters on Monday denouncing many of Trump's policies, said, "We will sue to block it."

"We will use all the tools at our disposal to stand up for our people," he said.

He spoke a day after President-elect Trump's Chief of Staff Reince Priebus told “Meet the Press” they wouldn't rule one out, though they weren't planning it

Time for De Blasio and Emanuel to go! He can sue and so can the Federal government.
Didn't I read last week that DeBlasio had a database with illegals on it and was going to delete it preventing the Trump Administration from getting it? Why yes I did.

NYC Mayor threatens to destroy IDNYC database containing personal info of nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants » Intellihub

GibsHelicopterRide.jpg.jpg

Treat these upstarts as enemies of the state, and send them to Gitmo. Let them file their suits from there.

Not surprised you RWNJ traitors are against the US Constitution.

Suck it up. Thus is still the United States. If you don't like the constitution, move to Russia. Patriotic Americans won't miss you.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Suck it up. Thus is still the United States. If you don't like the constitution, move to Russia. Patriotic Americans won't miss you.

Just where in the US Constitution does it say that a President can't make immigrants register? Is that right next to Church and State or that our founders protected abortions in this country?

Funny. You leftists want to make every American who owns a gun register with the federal government, but not people coming here from terrorist lands.

What a clown. The Muslim registry is entirely an invention of Clinton supporters.

What a clown. The Muslim registry is entirely an invention of Clinton supporters.

You are literally too stupid for words. Straight from the horses ass:

Moron.

This is just another example of Clinton supporters making things up to try to justify their irrational hostility to Trump. It is the reporter who is proposing a Muslim registry and Trump is talking about protecting the border not registering Muslims who are already here.

Just where in the US Constitution does it say that a President can't make immigrants register? Is that right next to Church and State or that our founders protected abortions in this country?

Funny. You leftists want to make every American who owns a gun register with the federal government, but not people coming here from terrorist lands.

Ray, It depends on how it's done, but I'm betting Trump's lawyers are smart enough to sidestep any issue.

To answer your question more directly. Any law involving religion could potentially run into trouble with the religious clause in the 1st Amendment. Also, the Equal Protection clause in the 14th Amendment is designed to protect people against being signaled out for things like race or religion. But it's impossible to comment until we see the actual details. Who knows if Trump will even pursue it.

Keep in mind, you'll have a rightwing Supreme Court, which means a Republican President is not likely to encounter the kind of strict constitutional oversight that would otherwise hamper a radical agenda.

Do I think they'll start distributing the equivalence of yellow patches with the Star of David? Nope. However, I pray we don't see another large Homeland attack, because that would give the Right the fear they need to end all Constitutional protections for non-white people and other "undesirables".

While i doubt a Muslim registry will occur I'm not entirely sure how the mayor of NYC has standing to challenge the federal government on it unless he is a Muslim being required to register

While i doubt a Muslim registry will occur I'm not entirely sure how the mayor of NYC has standing to challenge the federal government on it unless he is a Muslim being required to register
The reason all dems protect any illegal alien is because of VOTES. This is a KNOWN fact.

Problem now is these little junior Hitlery mayors think they have the power to tell the federal government to go pound sand. Well they can to a degree, but they're playing a game they can't win. The feds have the upper hand, and I'm sure when the new Trump admin turns up the heat, these little ass clowns are going to tuck tail and run. It's a lot of big talk now, but Trump isn't president yet. They will live to regret running their mouth.

Good for De Blasio!

Ray, It depends on how it's done, but I'm betting Trump's lawyers are smart enough to sidestep any issue.

To answer your question more directly. Any law involving religion could potentially run into trouble with the religious clause in the 1st Amendment. Also, the Equal Protection clause in the 14th Amendment is designed to protect people against being signaled out for things like race or religion. But it's impossible to comment until we see the actual details. Who knows if Trump will even pursue it.

Keep in mind, you'll have a rightwing Supreme Court, which means a Republican President is not likely to encounter the kind of strict constitutional oversight that would otherwise hamper a radical agenda.

Do I think they'll start distributing the equivalence of yellow patches with the Star of David? Nope. However, I pray we don't see another large Homeland attack, because that would give the Right the fear they need to end all Constitutional protections for non-white people and other "undesirables".

I don't think it's a religious issue if Trump is not targeting religion, but instead terrorist areas where these people come from. Next of course is the Equal Protection issue. So let me ask: is affirmative action equal protection to whites? Are Hate Crime laws equal protection for those that don't fall into that category? Hate Crime laws give specific protection to likely Democrat voters if we are to be honest about it.

Look......I'm a truck driver, as such, I'm not entitled to Constitutional protection. Cops have pulled me over many times, and when I ask why, they just say "because I felt like it!" They search my trailer, search my cab, go through my paperwork, even look under the hood of the truck. I ask them what I did wrong to get pulled over? Their response is "nothing, but I'll find something!"

So equal protection is subjective in this country. As such, it should be just as subjective with foreigners.

Forum List

Back