Mike Brown Town is disappearing

They talk about downtwn dying but Cardinas stadium is smack dab in the middle of downtown and they have 81 games per year there where businsesses downtown rake in the bucks. They even get 30-40,000 to watch the UFL. And the Arch Madness is a draw. Not to mention concerts and conventions. St. Louis is doing quite fine.

That is what keeps the downtown from drying it. And do not forget the Blues.

First off, Fergueson, MO where Mike Brown was killed is northwest of downtown St. Louis. Second, I hate to break it to this economics professor, but commercial real estate is in the crapper in almost all cities.
Downtown St. Louis (and the riverfront) looks a lot better than it did when I was there in the 80's. Like it has been said. There are good parts and bad parts. I was born in and spent my first couple of years in what is considered South St. Louis.
Last time I drove through quickly was about 15 years ago...I didn't recognize the place.

It is much better. I was stationed at the Recruiting station in St Louis the early 2000s and there were places that I would not run through even during the daytime that are now thriving with a bustling nightlife.

It is much better. I was stationed at the Recruiting station in St Louis the early 2000s and there were places that I would not run through even during the daytime that are now thriving with a bustling nightlife.

not revenue or population. Crime drove off or killed many. Just because you think a block is cleaned up? They got black criminal TDS communist lunatics in charge. Steady decline year after year. Maybe its bottomed out? Doubtful.

No they aren’t. A steady decline. Over taxation-regulation, criminals set free, gun grabbing those who try to protect homes. South side is beginning to have issues also. It could be a lot better very easily w/nutjob STL city officials.
Bullshit.

not revenue or population. Crime drove off or killed many. Just because you think a block is cleaned up? They got black criminal TDS communist lunatics in charge. Steady decline year after year. Maybe its bottomed out? Doubtful.
Bullshit.

and the last time you spent time in St Louis was?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Bullshit.

Yeah, it is bullshit. Washington Ave used to be untravellable on foot as it was too dangerous and many would go out of their way to avoid driving down it.

Now it is thriving, old buildings have been turned into Loft Style apartments and every shop is open with great places to eat and listen to music.

Bullshit.

where did 700K residents go? North STL looks like a war zone. Empty overgrown lots full of trash or burned out homes or collapsing homes. Dumpsters on the main streets as alleys are impassible.

you really suck massive crank thus badly? You just bark BS like a nut thinking we cant disprove your spew in ten seconds. Go learn something you communist sheelple.

Yeah, it is bullshit. Washington Ave used to be untravellable on foot as it was too dangerous and many would go out of their way to avoid driving down it.

Now it is thriving, old buildings have been turned into Loft Style apartments and every shop is open with great places to eat and listen to music.
I like St. Louis and always have.

where did 700K residents go? North STL looks like a war zone. Empty overgrown lots full of trash or burned out homes or collapsing homes. Dumpsters on the main streets as alleys are impassible.

you really suck massive crank thus badly? You just bark BS like a nut thinking we cant disprove your spew in ten seconds. Go learn something you communist sheelple.
I don't know or care. You rght wingers are full of shit. Missouri is a Republican state and Republican policies are ruining the cities therein.

I don't know or care. You rght wingers are full of shit. Missouri is a Republican state and Republican policies are ruining the cities therein.

STL has been ran by D since the collapse began. Currently crazy Black criminals in charge and have been for decades.

none of you business Panama red. Whyd you move to Illinois if its so great in STL? You’re a giant phony of questionable brainpower in most cases. Or Dishonest always?

I moved to Ill that is where my recruiting area was. We moved back here when I got out as this is where my kids friends were.

That and Illinois does not tax my MC Retirement but Missouri does. Those damn red states and their taxes.

Now little man, tell us all about how much time you spend in St Louis.

Last edited:
good. Move in between Delmar and I-70 somewhere you can find safe. rood ruck.

bccbuilding.jpg

The Browntown in my AO is nice. ;)

The community center used to be a public school up till the early 70s.

ST. LOUIS – It’s a busy start to the week for St. Louis police detectives, who are investigating several shootings over the past week. FOX 2 has learned that least one dozen people were hurt from shootings since Saturday afternoon.

The shootings happened in northern, western and southern parts of the city. Police have not yet disclosed whether any suspects are in custody.

Early Monday morning, police responded to a shooting in the 2800 block of Hadley Street. That happened around 2:30 a.m. in the Old North St. Louis neighborhood. This scene is being treated as a first-degree assault.

Police tell FOX 2 that a male victim was shot multiple times, but was conscious and breathing when assisted at the scene. The circumstances surrounding this shooting are not yet clear.

Since Saturday afternoon, FOX 2 has learned of at least eight shootings in St. Louis City. Those shootings have left 12 hospitalized, including three teenagers.

Homicide detectives were called to one shooting, but police have not confirmed a death from place. That took place Sunday afternoon on North Kingshighway.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back