DC appeals court says Trump is not immune (as a former president) from prosecution

Nixon resigned just ahead of a vote to impeach that would likely have led to removal.

If not for the pardon, Dems would have impeached after he left office, and then prosecuted. I doubt you remember, but there were meme-like cartoons of Nixon being a prison bitch, and demands that he go to jail.

Dems missed their chance when their impeachments failed miserably. The USSC will rule that way, but I hope they weight until closer to the election.

He took the easy way out instead of standing up for Article II. He was a bully who took advantage of powerless women. In the end, he showed what most of us already knew: a bully is a coward by nature.

Bill Clinton didn't have sex with Paul Jones, nor did he "take advantage" of her. She said "No" and that was the end of it. Her case was dismissed for lack of evidence. Her lawyers appealled the dismissal and Clinton paid her lawyers to go away. Jones received almost nothing because she had no case.

Trump wasn't charged with taking the top secret documents with him, Trump wasn't charged with taking any of the top secret classified documents he returned a year after he left in January 2022,

Trump was charged with obstruction of justice for lying about having the documents, and lying later about returning them all, and lying about his employees moving them to hide the top secret documents from authorities, and he was charged with knowingly showing and discussing top secret information to people I believe.....etc.

I think you've misunderstood what Trump was indicted for....?
What does that have to do with Biden being too senile to stand trial or run a country?

Bill Clinton didn't have sex with Paul Jones, nor did he "take advantage" of her. She said "No" and that was the end of it. Her case was dismissed for lack of evidence. Her lawyers appealled the dismissal and Clinton paid her lawyers to go away. Jones received almost nothing because she had no case.
He had a state trooper bring her to his hotel room, dropped his pants exposing his penis and ordered her to “kiss it.

That somebody who flames to be a female and a feminist supports that shows the worst kind of hypocrisy.

What does that have to do with Biden being too senile to stand trial or run a country?
Biden did not obstruct justice, did not fight returning the documents or claim he didn't have any of the top secret authorities wanted,

Biden invited and welcomed authorities to search everywhere and anywhere in all of his properties, did not claim any of the documents were his to keep, did not require a subpoena to search and take back by authorities.

Trump did all of those things and more....which is what he is being charged with...(Trump made it impossible for him not to be charged)

Do you understand now, Seymour? Or am I not understanding you???

Last edited:
Biden did not obstruct justice, did not fight returning the documents or claim he didn't have any of the top secret authorities wanted,

Biden invited and welcomed authorities to search everywhere and anywhere in all of his properties, did not claim any of the documents were his to keep, did not require a subpoena to search and take back by authorities.

Trump did all of those things and more....which is what he is being charged with.

Do you understand now, Seymour? Or am I not understanding you???
Biden did all that stuff once he got caught. It’s the Sandy Burger defense. He’s still committed the crimes, even if he “cooperated“ after being caught.

Is that how you think the criminal justice system works? Guy Rob, a bank, and the cops figure out who he is and go to his house. He can just say “oh yeah there’s the money right there please take it” and that’s all?

Trump wasn’t “caught” Trump declassified documents and took them with them, as the presidential records act allows presidents to do. What is happening in Trump is not a man getting caught in a crime, but a prosecutor inventing a new crime for a man.

Biden did all that stuff once he got caught. It’s the Sandy Burger defense. He’s still committed the crimes, even if he “cooperated“ after being caught.

Is that how you think the criminal justice system works? Guy Rob, a bank, and the cops figure out who he is and go to his house. He can just say “oh yeah there’s the money right there please take it” and that’s all?

Trump wasn’t “caught” Trump declassified documents and took them with them, as the presidential records act allows presidents to do. What is happening in Trump is not a man getting caught in a crime, but a prosecutor inventing a new crime for a man.
Biden (and his own guys), caught himself and turned himself in. His homes and offices could have been gone through everywhere by his own guys and all classified documents found, and burned or removed by moving the T.S. Docs secretly elsewhere to hide.... All before the FBI got any kind of wind of it, if they ever would have....instead Biden cooperated.

The whole handling of top secret docs is loose as a goose with those with clearance it seems to me, and THAT needs to change! Imo.

Biden (and his own guys), caught himself and turned himself in. His homes and offices could have been gone through everywhere by his own guys and all classified documents found, and burned or removed by moving the T.S. Docs secretly elsewhere to hide.... All before the FBI got any kind of wind of it, if they ever would have....instead Biden cooperated.
He was allowed by the FBI to go through the house and sanitize it before the search. Why?
The whole handling of top secret docs is loose as a goose with those with clearance it seems to me, and THAT needs to change! Imo.
Presidents are loose, not just anyone with a clearance. Presidents are allowed to be loose, since they are the classifying authority.

Biden has lost CNN. He’s done.

Biden was combative, forcefully rejecting Hur’s claims that he has a poor memory. But the president was also repeatedly inaccurate, making three claims that were clearly contradicted by Hur’s report.

Biden has lost CNN. He’s done.

Biden was combative, forcefully rejecting Hur’s claims that he has a poor memory. But the president was also repeatedly inaccurate, making three claims that were clearly contradicted by Hur’s report.
Biden has dementia and it was very noticeable during his speech.

No, it’s exactly what you are doing. You believe that the dc court made this ruling specifically for Trump, their language even suggest that not to be the case, but you still believe it is..
They made it for these charges, correct. As you can see in the opinion. That was the ruling: Trump can stand trial for these charges.

Had it been different charges, the ruling may have been different.

Your attempt to derail failed, sorry.

And the orange traitor is going to trial and will be the first ex-president sentenced to federal prison. And State prison.

They made it for these charges, correct. As you can see in the opinion. That was the ruling: Trump can stand trial for these charges.

And the orange traitor is going to trial and will be the first ex-president sentenced to federal prison. And State prison.
But you cannot keep him off the ballot. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Well, this was interesting, esp the part here

site

Steven Cheung, Trump campaign spokesperson, said in a statement that the case will have far-reaching consequences, both for Trump and all future presidents.

"If immunity is not granted to a President, every future President who leaves office will be immediately indicted by the opposing party," he said. "Without complete immunity, a President of the United States would not be able to properly function!"

Comment

I wonder if a former president can be held accountable for what he /she did when VICE president?

Answer?

Only if he or she is a Republican?

:rolleyes:
Weren't you loons calling Trump "mentally incompetent" for the past several years? If he was, wouldn't he get the same immunity from prosecution than Biden just received?

I never said that. It was that Democrat special prosecutor, who said that president Joe Biden is above the law, but only because he is a tottering, senile dementia patient, who can’t remember what day it is much less why he collected, and held a stash of highest level classified Documents in the garage right next to his Corvette.

Why do you believe that makes Joe Biden above the law?
Two different scenarios. And different charges.

Now once again why do you believe trump is above the law, Red Hat?

He had a state trooper bring her to his hotel room, dropped his pants exposing his penis and ordered her to “kiss it.

That somebody who flames to be a female and a feminist supports that shows the worst kind of hypocrisy.

Sounds like he made a clumsy pass.

That wasn't sexual harassment under the law as written at that time. He was not her supervisor and she suffered no reprecussions for refusing.

Lying doesn't work.

The problem with asylum request predates Biden by several administrations. The law that governs the legitimacy of asylum requests is from the early eighties.

As for the bill not solving the problem. It sure as hell is better than the status quo.

Not for nothing this bill gets NOTHING for the left wing of the Democrats. It's basically a wishlist of enforcement policies for the right in exchange for the foreign policy hawks preferences.

It gives up on any negotiating position for dreamers to begin with.

It, by the way, is a hell of a better deal than will be able to be passed after the election. Even IF Trump wins nothing close to it will overcome a filibuster.

Don't take my word for it. https://twitter.com/BPUnion
Not exactly Biden's biggest fans by the way.

Asylum has been clearly defined for a long time. Sure, there may have been asylum claims for awhile, but these caravans didn’t start until recently. And while they did start in 2017, they have ramped up significantly in the last couple of years.

As far as the bills go, let’s just stop playing the games, and get a clean border bill, with no riders, no pork. Let’s put that on the floor and see who votes for it, that will tell the tale of the tape..so to speak..

You assume too much. I’m not trying to derail anything, I’m just trying to have a conversation, but you’re free to believe what you want…

I don’t believe youll see trump in prison, I just don’t think that’s in the cards. I think the end result of all this, if you all are successful, is him not being able to be president. At the most, some form of limited house arrest. But, I think you all are having silly fantasies if you think you’re going to see Trump in leg irons doing the side step in the chow line in general population at a prison

(Sorry, didn’t mean to get you all excited there..)

Forum List

Back