DC appeals court says Trump is not immune (as a former president) from prosecution

Lie. I never said or implied such a thing. This is you having an outburst, as if it is someone else's fault that you made an error and your derail attempt failed.
No, it’s exactly what you are doing. You believe that the dc court made this ruling specifically for Trump, their language even suggest that not to be the case, but you still believe it is..

ignoring immigration laws, or a gun running operation are not considered official duties either.
Yes, those are official duties. No one in their right mind would ever be confused about whether that constitutes official duties.

Yes, those are official duties. No one in their right mind would ever be confused about whether that constitutes official duties.

ignoring laws are an official duty?

Illegal gun walking scheme is official duty?

You’ll just defend your politics til the bitter end won’t you?

Well, this was interesting, esp the part here

site

Steven Cheung, Trump campaign spokesperson, said in a statement that the case will have far-reaching consequences, both for Trump and all future presidents.

"If immunity is not granted to a President, every future President who leaves office will be immediately indicted by the opposing party," he said. "Without complete immunity, a President of the United States would not be able to properly function!"

Comment

I wonder if a former president can be held accountable for what he /she did when VICE president?

Answer?

Only if he or she is a Republican?

:rolleyes:
Chung makes a specious argument as no president has ever needed full immunity nor has ever been indicted.
It seems that only happens to actual criminals.

ignoring laws are an official duty?

Illegal gun walking scheme is official duty?

You’ll just defend your politics til the bitter end won’t you?
Sure. The executive branch can ignore or rather prioritize what laws are going too be enforced. Since the budget for enforcing laws is finite. Something I'm sure you are all for when you like those priorities. For instance I'm pretty sure you're against giving the IRS enough money to be able to hire enough people so they can enforce the tax laws.

Sure. The executive branch can ignore or rather prioritize what laws are going too be enforced. Since the budget for enforcing laws is finite. Something I'm sure you are all for when you like those priorities. For instance I'm pretty sure you're against giving the IRS enough money to be able to hire enough people so they can enforce the tax laws.

Nobody can ignore the laws, and every year, we pass a budget for all of these things, and border security is one of the big fights we have….the money is there, they just choose not to use it to enforce the border. Biden has rolled out the red carpet for illegal invaders into this country. By giving just about everyone here, passage into the country…hell, he even gives them a ride to wherever they want to go.

You talk about not having the budget…you know what that means? If we don’t have the budget, the cheapest option would be to close the border. We spend TONS of money processing these people, then we let them into the interior of the country where they disappear…and then some of them commit crimes, including murder.

Yeah, I am against giving the IRS enough money to hire 86,000 agents to target American citizens because the Biden administration wants to do anything and everything to tax the wealthy.

Oh…you know what they could do? Use that money to hire 86,000 new border patrol agents….there’s your budget right there…

They want to spend all this money to hire new irs agents when most companies that file taxes hire accounting firms to keep up with their books and do all of their taxes, if they are getting any benefits, it’s through legal loophole means.

Nobody can ignore the laws, and every year, we pass a budget for all of these things, and border security is one of the big fights we have….the money is there, they just choose not to use it to enforce the border. Biden has rolled out the red carpet for illegal invaders into this country. By giving just about everyone here, passage into the country…hell, he even gives them a ride to wherever they want to go.

You talk about not having the budget…you know what that means? If we don’t have the budget, the cheapest option would be to close the border. We spend TONS of money processing these people, then we let them into the interior of the country where they disappear…and then some of them commit crimes, including murder.

Yeah, I am against giving the IRS enough money to hire 86,000 agents to target American citizens because the Biden administration wants to do anything and everything to tax the wealthy.

Oh…you know what they could do? Use that money to hire 86,000 new border patrol agents….there’s your budget right there…

They want to spend all this money to hire new irs agents when most companies that file taxes hire accounting firms to keep up with their books and do all of their taxes, if they are getting any benefits, it’s through legal loophole means.
Again not ignoring but prioritizing. And the money isn't there, considering for instance that the amount of immigration judges makes it that the time for an asylum request to be litigated takes multiple years.

Again. What you are saying is that you want those budget priorities to be shifted. That's fine. But I'll note that at the moment you guys are REFUSING to do so.

Again not ignoring but prioritizing. And the money isn't there, considering for instance that the amount of immigration judges makes it that the time for an asylum request to be litigated takes multiple years.

Again. What you are saying is that you want those budget priorities to be shifted. That's fine. But I'll note that at the moment you guys are REFUSING to do so.

The reason why our judges are backed up for years is because Biden is allowing all of these illegitimate asylum claims to be processed. Biden knows there’s no oppression on these people from the Mexican government, or even the Honduran government. He knows these people are showing up for economic reasons, and he’s allowing it because he feels there are potential votes there. That’s why we have a multi year backlog on asylum cases

But I'll note that at the moment you guys are REFUSING to do so.

They are refusing to do so because the proposal doesn’t really solve the problem. Look, you want border security to pass? Make a standalone bill that funds border security..nothing more. Put that on the floor and watch how the votes change. You’ll see every Repub voting FOR it, and every dem voting AGAINST it.

The reason why our judges are backed up for years is because Biden is allowing all of these illegitimate asylum claims to be processed. Biden knows there’s no oppression on these people from the Mexican government, or even the Honduran government. He knows these people are showing up for economic reasons, and he’s allowing it because he feels there are potential votes there. That’s why we have a multi year backlog on asylum cases

They are refusing to do so because the proposal doesn’t really solve the problem. Look, you want border security to pass? Make a standalone bill that funds border security..nothing more. Put that on the floor and watch how the votes change. You’ll see every Repub voting FOR it, and every dem voting AGAINST it.
Lying doesn't work.

The problem with asylum request predates Biden by several administrations. The law that governs the legitimacy of asylum requests is from the early eighties.

As for the bill not solving the problem. It sure as hell is better than the status quo.

Not for nothing this bill gets NOTHING for the left wing of the Democrats. It's basically a wishlist of enforcement policies for the right in exchange for the foreign policy hawks preferences.

It gives up on any negotiating position for dreamers to begin with.

It, by the way, is a hell of a better deal than will be able to be passed after the election. Even IF Trump wins nothing close to it will overcome a filibuster.

Don't take my word for it. https://twitter.com/BPUnion
Not exactly Biden's biggest fans by the way.

So you think a President is above the law. Why?
I never said that. It was that Democrat special prosecutor, who said that president Joe Biden is above the law, but only because he is a tottering, senile dementia patient, who can’t remember what day it is much less why he collected, and held a stash of highest level classified Documents in the garage right next to his Corvette.

Why do you believe that makes Joe Biden above the law?

I never said that. It was that Democrat special prosecutor, who said that president Joe Biden is above the law, but only because he is a tottering, senile dementia patient, who can’t remember what day it is much less why he collected, and held a stash of highest level classified Documents in the garage right next to his Corvette.

Dur is a Republican.

He stated that there was no intent to break the law, not that he was senile or suffering dementia.

And that a jury would see that he was elderly and sympathetic.

Frankly, it was unprofessional for him to say that because he didn't examine the president and isn't a psychiatrist.

Trump wasn't charged with taking the top secret documents with him, Trump wasn't charged with taking any of the top secret classified documents he returned a year after he left in January 2022,

Trump was charged with obstruction of justice for lying about having the documents, and lying later about returning them all, and lying about his employees moving them to hide the top secret documents from authorities, and he was charged with knowingly showing and discussing top secret information to people I believe.....etc.

I think you've misunderstood what Trump was indicted for....?

Forum List

Back