Daycares.....What are your experiences/costs

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I pay for a "learning daycare" for my G-Grandson who just turned four....$165.00 per week....This is his second year....We got lucky and only had to wait a month or so before there was a opening. It's rated the best in my AO.

I'm pretty happy with it other than they quit the school-made lunch due both the covid and food allergies so he packs. They do provide snacks.

For his age the boy seems to be ahead of the curve a bit as far as learning things....Nothing "woke" from what i have seen.

Nice teachers and there seems to be little turnover in staff, mostly the turnover is in HS aged young women that work there part-time their senior year then go on to college. Some come back to earn money over the Summer.

Here's a developed thread on another site chronicles the ups and downs others have experienced.....The expense and waiting times to get them in was a eye-opener.....Most of the better ones seem to have a six-month or better backlog.

Even the government-assisted ones were too expensive for my relatives and others I have known. So it was big kids taking care of little kids until adults got home. If I remember correctly back in the 1970s-80s it was 45.00 a week per child.

I pay for a "learning daycare" for my G-Grandson who just turned four....$165.00 per week....This is his second year....We got lucky and only had to wait a month or so before there was a opening. It's rated the best in my AO.

I'm pretty happy with it other than they quit the school-made lunch due both the covid and food allergies so he packs. They do provide snacks.

For his age the boy seems to be ahead of the curve a bit as far as learning things....Nothing "woke" from what i have seen.

Nice teachers and there seems to be little turnover in staff, mostly the turnover is in HS aged young women that work there part-time their senior year then go on to college. Some come back to earn money over the Summer.

Here's a developed thread on another site chronicles the ups and downs others have experienced.....The expense and waiting times to get them in was a eye-opener.....Most of the better ones seem to have a six-month or better backlog.

the learning day care is a great idea, but that $165/week makes it impractical for most working women to have a family. i don'y know how they do it.

the learning day care is a great idea, but that $165/week makes it impractical for most working women to have a family. i don'y know how they do it.

I see working women there all the time driving company cars. Largely Hospice or other such medical services.

LOL.....One young woman works for a home water treatment company and shows-up in a company PU with two kids in tow and in coveralls!

I guess they go to workplace from there or on to wherever their businesses send them.

1st thing i would need to know if the owners were dem or repub.....if a dem, i'd run

i would never let a dem near a kid confusing their gender...or worse

next...even if one employee has 18 nose rings and 50 tats...run away

165.00 a week I don't know of any low-income person who could afford it.
They don't, not there.....I guess that's why a lot of us older folks are helping them out if we can.

Meh, small price for me to pay to help bring the boy up right and as long as i am living he won't see the inside of a public school either. ;)

It's funny what you notice though.....In the morning it's the women that drop them off but in the late afternoon it's the husbands that pick them up.....I guess either the women are not off yet or they are home fixing supper.

Whoo! I remember that harried life in my producing years!

1st thing i would need to know if the owners were dem or repub.....if a dem, i'd run

i would never let a dem near a kid confusing their gender...or worse

next...even if one employee has 18 nose rings and 50 tats...run away
Nope, all are very professional and well dressed, if they have any tats they are covered.

When I was a little kid, my day care was presented on TV with Moe, Larry and Shemp. Taught me a lot about history, how to speak, how to block an eye poke, etc. All importants things to know before I started school.

Forum List

Back