David Hogg Is Fair Game for Critics

Hey, I survived the New York 911 bombing!

Of course I was several thousand miles away at the time....but still, I survived.

Why wasn't the kid at school that day as the law requires unless sick or otherwise excused?

What did he know?

When did he know it?

Of course I was several thousand miles away at the time....but still, I survived.

Why wasn't the kid at school that day as the law requires unless sick or otherwise excused?

What did he know?

When did he know it?
He was at school. Now the question becomes — why are you trying to discuss a topic of which you clearly don’t have your first clue?

What did he know?

When did he know it?
He was at school. Now the question becomes — why are you trying to discuss a topic of which you clearly don’t have your first clue?

Yet we apparently have a broadcast on which he says he was at home and went to the school when he heard there was trouble going on. If that's true, he's not a heroic surviver, he's an idiot for putting himself in danger with no means or ability to stop others from getting hurt.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

Yet we apparently have a broadcast on which he says he was at home and went to the school when he heard there was trouble going on. If that's true, he's not a heroic surviver, he's an idiot for putting himself in danger with no means or ability to stop others from getting hurt.
Great, show me where he says he was at home during the shooting — as opposed to going back to the school later in the day...

No. You know that this is a kid. You know that what this kid thinks at 17, and moreover, how he thinks will not be the same at 30. You know that one team is using the kid as a shield. You are aware that a media conglomerate is using the kid.

Nailing the kid is lazy. Go around the shield.
No. This "kid" is 17 years old, he's fair game.
You can criticize his position all you want with shredding his character with lies and fake news.

Why shouldn't we shred his character? He called every member of the NRA a murderer.
Because in theory you are an adult. Maybe I am wrong about that. :dunno:
You premise that adults wouldn't criticize him is obviously a bogus snowflake meme.

Assuming adults won't act like adults? You are right, that is overly optimistic given what's sitting in the Oval Office.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

Great, show me where he says he was at home during the shooting — as opposed to going back to the school later in the day...

That has been totally debunked. He was at school.

Nobody is saying that Hogg should not be challenged or criticized.

That isn't true. Facebook and twitter have been alight with people blasting anyone who criticizes the march because it's allegedly cowardly to attack kids, or similar nonsense.
Yep. Alight.

Vast legions of Americans are doing just that. Why? Because it's the duty of grown-ups to defend kids and to give them a chance to grow - literally and in wisdom.

These kids are intelligent, angry as hell over the never-ending cycle of gun violence, and possessing basic organizational and public speaking skills that are snowballing.

They deserve all the help they can get. Time for us Old Farts to get the hell out of the way and let the Young Folk take the lead on this one.

Very few are looking to ban guns; rather, they're pushing for mandatory national standards for vetting, licensing, registration, transaction approval, etc.

What did he know?

When did he know it?
Seek professional counseling.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

I know that. I was challenging hadit to defend his bullshit, ”yet we apparently have a broadcast on which he says he was at home and went to the school when he heard there was trouble going on,” which Hogg never said he went to the school when he heard there was trouble.

Seems perhaps hadit thought twice about trying to stand behind his words? :dunno:

Back when I was a boy, before airbags in cars. We used to say. If you can’t run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

Wait, are you saying he was at school, went home, then returned to school again? It would be nice to nail that down for sure, because there's the normal swirl of info bits in this one. I'm not saying for sure one way or the other.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

Good to know.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

I know that. I was challenging hadit to defend his bullshit, ”yet we apparently have a broadcast on which he says he was at home and went to the school when he heard there was trouble going on,” which Hogg never said he went to the school when he heard there was trouble.

Seems perhaps hadit thought twice about trying to stand behind his words? :dunno:

Did you miss the "apparently"? Methinks you're eager to jump to very wrong conclusions.

What did he know?

When did he know it?

Wait, are you saying he was at school, went home, then returned to school again? It would be nice to nail that down for sure, because there's the normal swirl of info bits in this one. I'm not saying for sure one way or the other.
Sure, he that that in another interview with Vox reporter, Jen Kirby...

”At 6 pm after the shooting, I took my camera, got on my bike. I rode in basically twilight. And I ride my bike three miles down winding sidewalks and find my way to the school, as I’ve done in previous years. All the while, I was making sure my camera bag didn’t rip open, because if you zip it a certain way, the camera falls out, and it would be destroyed.”

What did he know?

When did he know it?

”At 6 pm after the shooting, I took my camera, got on my bike. I rode in basically twilight. And I ride my bike three miles down winding sidewalks and find my way to the school, as I’ve done in previous years. All the while, I was making sure my camera bag didn’t rip open, because if you zip it a certain way, the camera falls out, and it would be destroyed.”

Wow, such incredible meaningless details that no one would ever give a shit about! He will fit in perfectly at CNN!

Did you miss the "apparently"? Methinks you're eager to jump to very wrong conclusions.
Because there isn’t “apparently” any video showing what you claimed. There is a video where he says...

“Onthe day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting."

... which neither specifies timing nor conflicts with the other statement I quoted in my last post.

Wow, such incredible meaningless details that no one would ever give a shit about! He will fit in perfectly at CNN!
Actually, it’s great detail in that it dispells the bullshit from the nutty right who tried to invent a conspiracy about how him riding his bike to school proved he wasn’t actually at school when the shooting occurred.

Because there isn’t “apparently” any video showing what you claimed. There is a video where he says...

“Onthe day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting."

... which neither specifies timing nor conflicts with the other statement I quoted in my last post.

He knew that this could not be another mass shooting after he supposedly witnessed a mass shooting?

That's about as an intelligent statement as saying a person shot by a police officer "missed" by shooting him in the hand.

Actually, it’s great detail in that it dispells the bullshit from the nutty right who tried to invent a conspiracy about how him riding his bike to school proved he wasn’t actually at school when the shooting occurred.

So who was he interviewing and why was he taking pictures after twilight many hours after the event was over? Smells like more bullshit to me!

Forum List

Back