Dallas Police Shamed Into Dropping Charges Against Black Woman Beaten By Racist

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure not many, if any, of you have been following thisstory. A black woman was attacked by a racist white male, and the DALLAS POLICE charged her with criminal mischief!

Thankfully the charges have been dropped...

As we reported Tuesday, Dallas police charged L’Daijohnique Lee with criminal mischief in her confrontation with bartender Austin Shuffieldon March 21. She was accused of damaging Shuffield’s pickup truck after he violently attacked her in the Dallas neighborhood of Deep Ellum.

A spokeswoman for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office confirmed to the Dallas Morning News on Wednesday afternoon that District Attorney John Creuzot declined to prosecute Lee.

Dallas police added salt to the wound Tuesday afternoon at a news conference where Deputy Chief Thomas Castro discussed the controversial charges against Lee.

“It’s not the intention of the Dallas Police Department to pick one side or the other. We value all of our citizens,” he said.

What do you guys think should definitely NOT have happened in this case?

Last edited:
No REAL man does that to a woman. I'm an old man (79) and grew up at a time when all men protected all woman. The lady pushed him a little bit (most likely because of something offensive he said), but that is no excuse for pummeling her. The guy is a POS.

You asked what should not have happened. She never should have been arrested. I hope she sues the jerk. She has a case she cannot lose. The only issue is the amount of damages.

I'm pretty sure not many, if any, of you have been following thisstory. A black woman was attacked by a racist white male, and the DALLAS POLICE charged her with criminal mischief!

Thankfully the charges have been dropped...

As we reported Tuesday, Dallas police charged L’Daijohnique Lee with criminal mischief in her confrontation with bartender Austin Shuffieldon March 21. She was accused of damaging Shuffield’s pickup truck after he violently attacked her in the Dallas neighborhood of Deep Ellum.

A spokeswoman for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office confirmed to the Dallas Morning News on Wednesday afternoon that District Attorney John Creuzot declined to prosecute Lee.

Dallas police added salt to the wound Tuesday afternoon at a news conference where Deputy Chief Thomas Castro discussed the controversial charges against Lee.

“It’s not the intention of the Dallas Police Department to pick one side or the other. We value all of our citizens,” he said.

What do you guys think should definitely NOT have happened in this case?

Sounds like a job for Jessie Smollette to deal with.

Forum List

Back