Daily Beast's Herschel Walker Article Abused America's Election System!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
I am as "mad as hell" and I think most Americans should be about the abuse of our election system in the Senate race between Herschel Walker and Raphael Warnock. This revelation, through The Daily Beast news website, that a prior girlfriend of Herschel Walker had an abortion and that he paid for it and Herschel Walker being a staunch anti-abortion candidate has upended the race and put a likely Republican win into a very strong chance of a Democrat win. The egregious manipulation of the system relates to the October 3rd publication timing of this Daily Beast Article, if it came out in June or July of this year I wouldn't be proclaiming foul because it would have given the Republicans time to replace him on the ballot for the November 8 mid-terms which Herschel would have had to agree with because the revelation paints him as glaring hypocrite on a major issue of the election as well as blatantly dishonest having denied multiple times personal involvement with an abortion! This is an outrageous manipulation of America's election system that has taken place; this media outlet The Daily Beast cannot claim innocence here! The women who had the abortion was a past girlfriend of Herschel's who he has another child with so her identity was well known; this women is a Democrat and it defies belief that the Daily Beast journalists who were working on this story had not approached this girlfriend prior to late September of this year. Especially considering that by the Daily Beast's own admission in the Oct. 3rd article they acknowledge that they really pressed Herschel in a June interview on whether he was ever involved in an abortion with one of his partners and it was only after avoiding the question and being pressed he denied involvement! It defies belief the Daily Beast hadn't conducted a subsequent investigation after the June interview and discovered the incriminating facts long before publishing this article if they didn't know of Herschel's payment prior to the June interview! For a journalistic organization to sit on a news story that obviously holds the importance of what political analyst call an "October Surprise" and drop the bombshell in October isn't journalism it is political activism, there should be grave consequences for the culpable actors here, they should be banished from the profession and industry for the entirety of their lives!

The corporation IAC who owns the Daily Beast should conduct an investigation on this political activism and publish its findings and fire all the key staff members culpable in this egregious undermining of our nation's Democracy; if the current IAC board won't do this some wealthy entities should buy a controlling number of shares in the corporation and force the board to do such! As far as trying to negate the cheating that these perpetrators conducted on the nation I offer the following comments. I have seen Herschel Walker interviewed and I like him I think he genuinely cares about people and he has a good amount of common sense but he should never have run for U.S. Senator, he does not have the experience and sophistication to run in the political environment that exists in America today with his background; what with four children from four different women and acts of violence against women as part of your history What The Hell Were You Thinking! Politically Mr. Walker has taken the purple state of Georgia and made it unquestionably blue for this year's Senate race; candidate Walker to Democrat candidates, operatives and commentators is the gift that keeps giving. Herschel Walker should try to mitigate the stadium size harm that he brought on the Republican Party this election cycle and announce that if he wins he will only serve one term, he is committing to not run for re-election in 2028 if he wins the race in 2022 recognizing that someone with his past who has done things that were short in the areas of virtue should not have run for the office of the Senate where in today's elections the American media and publica scrutinize in the extreme a candidate's past actions - maybe this acknowledgement in terms of his penalizing oneself would mitigate this hypocrisy Mr. Walker has created in some voters' eyes! On this whole Herschel Walker issue I agree with the analysis of the Republican commentator Scott Jennings who recently said on CNN the way he thinks voters should see it is that they should not be persuaded by these recent detrimental revelations concerning Mr. Walker to vote against Mr. Walker; they should view it as there is too much at stake for the country in this election and that the country is in a ditch and the Democrats are a disaster as stewards of America's economy and that Raphael Warnock has been a rubber stamp for the Democrat agenda in Washington, Herschel Walker as a Senator will stop the Democrat agenda and help the Republican agenda which offers a better economic future for America! Herschel Walker is the better choice for Georgians on the economic front, the overriding issue in our current times, in a choice between Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker - it comes down to that simple reality!

I am as "mad as hell" and I think most Americans should be about the abuse of our election system in the Senate race between Herschel Walker and Raphael Warnock. This revelation, through The Daily Beast news website, that a prior girlfriend of Herschel Walker had an abortion and that he paid for it and Herschel Walker being a staunch anti-abortion candidate has upended the race and put a likely Republican win into a very strong chance of a Democrat win. The egregious manipulation of the system relates to the October 3rd publication timing of this Daily Beast Article, if it came out in June or July of this year I wouldn't be proclaiming foul because it would have given the Republicans time to replace him on the ballot for the November 8 mid-terms which Herschel would have had to agree with because the revelation paints him as glaring hypocrite on a major issue of the election as well as blatantly dishonest having denied multiple times personal involvement with an abortion! This is an outrageous manipulation of America's election system that has taken place; this media outlet The Daily Beast cannot claim innocence here! The women who had the abortion was a past girlfriend of Herschel's who he has another child with so her identity was well known; this women is a Democrat and it defies belief that the Daily Beast journalists who were working on this story had not approached this girlfriend prior to late September of this year. Especially considering that by the Daily Beast's own admission in the Oct. 3rd article they acknowledge that they really pressed Herschel in a June interview on whether he was ever involved in an abortion with one of his partners and it was only after avoiding the question and being pressed he denied involvement! It defies belief the Daily Beast hadn't conducted a subsequent investigation after the June interview and discovered the incriminating facts long before publishing this article if they didn't know of Herschel's payment prior to the June interview! For a journalistic organization to sit on a news story that obviously holds the importance of what political analyst call an "October Surprise" and drop the bombshell in October isn't journalism it is political activism, there should be grave consequences for the culpable actors here, they should be banished from the profession and industry for the entirety of their lives!

The corporation IAC who owns the Daily Beast should conduct an investigation on this political activism and publish its findings and fire all the key staff members culpable in this egregious undermining of our nation's Democracy; if the current IAC board won't do this some wealthy entities should buy a controlling number of shares in the corporation and force the board to do such! As far as trying to negate the cheating that these perpetrators conducted on the nation I offer the following comments. I have seen Herschel Walker interviewed and I like him I think he genuinely cares about people and he has a good amount of common sense but he should never have run for U.S. Senator, he does not have the experience and sophistication to run in the political environment that exists in America today with his background; what with four children from four different women and acts of violence against women as part of your history What The Hell Were You Thinking! Politically Mr. Walker has taken the purple state of Georgia and made it unquestionably blue for this year's Senate race; candidate Walker to Democrat candidates, operatives and commentators is the gift that keeps giving. Herschel Walker should try to mitigate the stadium size harm that he brought on the Republican Party this election cycle and announce that if he wins he will only serve one term, he is committing to not run for re-election in 2028 if he wins the race in 2022 recognizing that someone with his past who has done things that were short in the areas of virtue should not have run for the office of the Senate where in today's elections the American media and publica scrutinize in the extreme a candidate's past actions - maybe this acknowledgement in terms of his penalizing oneself would mitigate this hypocrisy Mr. Walker has created in some voters' eyes! On this whole Herschel Walker issue I agree with the analysis of the Republican commentator Scott Jennings who recently said on CNN the way he thinks voters should see it is that they should not be persuaded by these recent detrimental revelations concerning Mr. Walker to vote against Mr. Walker; they should view it as there is too much at stake for the country in this election and that the country is in a ditch and the Democrats are a disaster as stewards of America's economy and that Raphael Warnock has been a rubber stamp for the Democrat agenda in Washington, Herschel Walker as a Senator will stop the Democrat agenda and help the Republican agenda which offers a better economic future for America! Herschel Walker is the better choice for Georgians on the economic front, the overriding issue in our current times, in a choice between Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker - it comes down to that simple reality!
You get a blue star for the effort and that's it.

So this is satire, right?

Whelp, poorly constructed satire requires somebody to state the obvious, so I'll do it with way fewer words.

It is not the job of media to go out and vet literally everybody everywhere in case one in a million bubbles up to some candidacy for some office. Rather it's the job of the political party to vet their sponsored candidates before proclaiming "this is our guy". It's also the job of the candidate to tell them, "here is my baggage", which question they would/should have asked him directly as well as indirectly.

When that isn't done, these are the consequences. Because when a candidacy is presented, media as well as voters will want to, to borrow a phrase, "look at it and stuff".

In other words if your team loses the playoffs, you can't blame the St. Louis Post-Dispatch for telling you they lost. Pretty much the same reason Sean Spicer can't sue the Associated Press for reporting that a guy at a book signing called him out as racist.

Walker knew how many illegitimate children he had.
Apparently he didn't think republicans were against black men fathering multiple children, running out on child support, and fostering multiple women, in single parent households.

The Democrat "Caining" of Herschel Walker was obviously orchestrated by the DNC. It's their standard M.O.

Who knew republicans would run on a pro-black men not supporting their illegitimate children platform.

Isn’t that what Biden and leftists proudly do for SCOTUS judges and Vice Presidents?
Let me point out. Justice Jackson participated more in the courts first two days of hearings, than Clarence Thomas did in his first two years on the court.

Same color. Far different qualifications.

Let me point out. Justice Jackson participated more in the courts first two days of hearings, than Clarence Thomas did in his first two years on the court.

Same color. Far different qualifications.
Okay.. let me know when you address the point at hand.. you just started another discussion with yourself

Forum List

Back