D-Hop released !

Do they have the money to sign him?

Looks like they are a million dollars over currently. Cant imagine that guy is going to play at much of a discount let alone the type he'd need to for anyone to sign him who's a contender.
I’m not sure. All I know is he’s been rumored to be going to Buffalo this offseason. Recently he said he wants to play with Josh Allen. Maybe we make a trade to free up some cap space

I’m not sure. All I know is he’s been rumored to be going to Buffalo this offseason. Recently he said he wants to play with Josh Allen. Maybe we make a trade to free up some cap space

He said e wants to play with a good QB on a contender and Allen was in that mix. So were Herbert, Maholmes, Hurts etc.

Hopkins would be a luxury piece for Buffalo so unless he’s willing to take a major discount so they don’t have to give up other pieces I fail to see how it makes sense for them. How many contributing players would they have to give up to make up the 25-30 million a year in cap for a second #1 WR? You can’t just cut players there’s a dead cap hit when you do that. So they would have to trade high cap number players for low cap number players or draft capital. Or get a bunch of guys to restructure. 25 Million in cap space isnt an easy task.

He said e wants to play with a good QB on a contender and Allen was in that mix. So were Herbert, Maholmes, Hurts etc.

Hopkins would be a luxury piece for Buffalo so unless he’s willing to take a major discount so they don’t have to give up other pieces I fail to see how it makes sense for them. How many contributing players would they have to give up to make up the 25-30 million a year in cap for a second #1 WR? You can’t just cut players there’s a dead cap hit when you do that. So they would have to trade high cap number players for low cap number players or draft capital. Or get a bunch of guys to restructure. 25 Million in cap space isnt an easy task.

Forum List

Back