Current Health Care Proposals Without The Spin

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposals - Kaiser Family Foundation
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

November 18, 2009

Cost estimate for the amendment in the nature of a substitute to H.R. 3590, as proposed in the Senate on November 18, 2009
PDF Go to Documents
ADDITIONAL INFO

* Estimated Distribution of Individual Mandate Penalties (November 20, 2009)
* Estimated Effects on Medicare Advantage Enrollment and Benefits Not Covered by Medicare (November 21, 2009)
* Estimated Effects on the Status of the Hospital Insurance Trust Fund (November 21, 2009)
* Estimated Average Premiums Under Current Law (December 5, 2009)
* Additional Information about Employment-Based Coverage (December 7, 2009)
* Budgetary Treatment of Proposals to Regulate Medical Loss Ratios (December 13, 2009)

BLOG Go to Documents
RELATED

* Estimated Premiums for "Bronze" Coverage Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
January 11, 2010 pdf blog
Letter to the Honorable Olympia Snowe
* An Analysis of Health Insurance Premiums Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
November 30, 2009 pdf blog
Letter to the Honorable Evan Bayh
* Additional Information on CLASS Program Proposals
November 25, 2009 pdf blog
Letter to the Honorable Tom Harkin
* Analysis of Subsidies and Payments at Different Income Levels
November 20, 2009 pdf blog
Letter to the Honorable Harry Reid

Congressional Budget Office - Health

Director’s Blog Blog Archive Cost Estimate for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as Proposed on November 18

CBO Director's Blog
Cost Estimate for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as Proposed on November 18

---

In total, CBO and JCT estimate that the legislation would increase outlays by $356 billion and increase revenues by $486 billion between 2010 and 2019.
---

Based on the extrapolation described above, CBO expects that Medicare spending under the bill would increase at an average annual rate of roughly 6 percent during the next two decades—well below the roughly 8 percent annual growth rate of the past two decades (excluding the effect of establishing the Medicare prescription drug benefit). Adjusting for inflation, Medicare spending per beneficiary under the bill would increase at an average annual rate of roughly 2 percent during the next two decades—much less than the roughly 4 percent annual growth rate of the past two decades. Whether such a reduction in the growth rate could be achieved through greater efficiencies in the delivery of health care or would reduce access to care or diminish the quality of care is unclear.

what does it all mean?

:eusa_whistle:

A look at Democrats' health care overhaul

By The Associated Press (AP) – 2 hours ago

President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats are pulling together a final version of a health care overhaul bill and pushing for House votes as early as this week. Democrats are awaiting cost assessments from the Congressional Budget Office that will allow them to finish details. Some of the main features as the bill takes shape:

Remainder of piece HERE

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
The Associated Press: A look at Democrats' health care overhaul

Forum rules concerning copyright and fair use, to be found HERE, prohibit posting of pieces in their entirety....And you know it.

~Dude

Last edited:
And the costs? And the tax implications? and the deficit increase? Don't give me fluffy bits. I'm not stupid, I don't need to be spoon fed happy pills.

And the costs? And the tax implications? and the deficit increase? Don't give me fluffy bits. I'm not stupid, I don't need to be spoon fed happy pills.
I made no statements, fluffy or otherwise. I posted info that does not involve spin.

The CBO estimates are linked to above in post #1.

I think the tax implications are addressed. What exactly is it you're trying to say?

Forum List

Back