Cuba Forgives Obama For America's Past Agression

Cuba gets everything out of this deal.
What is America getting?
Obama is not doing any deal to get the cop killer back from Cuba.
Just like he is not doing any deals to get the Military American back from Iran.
when is the US going to send terrorist airplane bomber Luis Posada Carriles to Venezuela to stand trial for blowing up a Cuban Civilian airliner in a mid air acts of terror on October 6, 1976

Iraq Before Obama

What was Iraq like at the end of the Bush administration. David French of NRO was there, in the roughest parts. Here’s what he says:

I remember what Iraq was like in late 2008, when I left. My unit. . .had largely cleared out one of the last areas of al-Qaeda dominion in Iraq. At high cost we had taken thousands of square kilometers back from enemy control, broken the back of enemy resistance, and given the local population the chance to live something approaching a normal life. Want a measure of our success?

When we arrived in November 2007, in Diyala Province (labeled the Islamic Caliphate of Iraq by the al-Qaeda forces in control) every time any convoy rolled out of the gate, it had a greater than 25 percent chance of enemy contact — IEDs, ambushes, or sniper fire. When we left in late September 2008, that chance was down to approximately 1 percent.

Good men died making that progress. Friends and brothers, all of them.

But that’s not to say that al-Qaeda was completely defeated. Even as we prepared to hand over the battle space to an incoming unit, al Qaeda struck one last blow – killing a very dear friend of mine when our troopers cornered a senior leader.

The bottom line was that Iraq was under control, but still in a state of low-intensity war. Iraqi forces, with the help of small groups of American advisers and — in extreme circumstances — American air power, were more than capable of handling large-scale threats from jihadists but weren’t yet capable of stopping all violence (and, indeed, may never have been). The situation was stable, and — here’s the key — sustainable.

Yes, to sustain it would have required the continued presence of American troops, and those troops may have sustained occasional additional casualties, but that’s the price we pay to secure hard-won victories.
Iraq before Obama Power Line
Bullshit, we never should have been there to begin with and we would have had to stay forever to keep whatever it was we thought was worth fighting over, conservatives and their bayonet diplomacy fail every time.

In other words, just let Muslim terrorists groups get stronger and stronger so that we have more bombings and mass killings here in the USA and the rest of the Western Countries.

What is America getting?
Just like he is not doing any deals to get the Military American back from Iran.
America is getting one less "enemy" and eventually one more friend. Not having enemies is a good thing, right?

Normal diplomacy?

I don't think Obama knows what that is.

Obama is clearly trying to build some phony legacy, not do what is best for both countries....
Phony? It has been high time to thaw relations with Cuba for years and he is doing it. It's far more genuine than conservative rationalizations for continuing to treat them like we have been.
But there is no economic incentive for conservatives to support it....
That's true, they liked opening relations with China because they allowed western access to the largest untapped cheap labor pool in the world, there is no sign Cuba will allow themselves to be harshly used by the multi-national corporations like that.
Cuba has nothing. Only cigars. This is Obama once again saying "fuck you" to America....
If he is saying "fuck you" it's just to the cold warrior nostalgics like you who can no longer justify treating them like an enemy. The world is moving on past the leftover bullshit of the twentieth century, we have new problems to address and the old easily solvable problems are but a distraction.
The reason why we give communist countries the cold shoulder is because they enslave their people under their brutal dictatorial ule. I can see why the Kenyan likes Cuba, his daddy and jackal momma were communists too.

What is America getting?
when is the US going to send terrorist airplane bomber Luis Posada Carriles to Venezuela to stand trial for blowing up a Cuban Civilian airliner in a mid air acts of terror on October 6, 1976

We are not doing a deal with Venezuela and we don't have an embargo against that nation.

Iraq Before Obama

What was Iraq like at the end of the Bush administration. David French of NRO was there, in the roughest parts. Here’s what he says:

I remember what Iraq was like in late 2008, when I left. My unit. . .had largely cleared out one of the last areas of al-Qaeda dominion in Iraq. At high cost we had taken thousands of square kilometers back from enemy control, broken the back of enemy resistance, and given the local population the chance to live something approaching a normal life. Want a measure of our success?

When we arrived in November 2007, in Diyala Province (labeled the Islamic Caliphate of Iraq by the al-Qaeda forces in control) every time any convoy rolled out of the gate, it had a greater than 25 percent chance of enemy contact — IEDs, ambushes, or sniper fire. When we left in late September 2008, that chance was down to approximately 1 percent.

But that’s not to say that al-Qaeda was completely defeated. Even as we prepared to hand over the battle space to an incoming unit, al Qaeda struck one last blow – killing a very dear friend of mine when our troopers cornered a senior leader.

The bottom line was that Iraq was under control, but still in a state of low-intensity war. Iraqi forces, with the help of small groups of American advisers and — in extreme circumstances — American air power, were more than capable of handling large-scale threats from jihadists but weren’t yet capable of stopping all violence (and, indeed, may never have been). The situation was stable, and — here’s the key — sustainable.

Yes, to sustain it would have required the continued presence of American troops, and those troops may have sustained occasional additional casualties, but that’s the price we pay to secure hard-won victories.
Bullshit, we never should have been there to begin with and we would have had to stay forever to keep whatever it was we thought was worth fighting over, conservatives and their bayonet diplomacy fail every time.

In other words, just let Muslim terrorists groups get stronger and stronger so that we have more bombings and mass killings here in the USA and the rest of the Western Countries.
Slavery isn't a problem unless it involves black folks....according to the left.

I know that Nixon blew every Chinese official he could find, yet Oblama is the is the commie lover....
Nixon did it for the right reasons.

Obama is doing it for himself.

That's the difference....
The difference to you is that Obama is Black and Democrat and Nixon was white and Republican...do not bull shit...
Every black conservative shares the same opinion. There goes your race card response.

Iraq Before Obama

The state of Iraq and most region is directly attributable to American internationalism. Occupying another nation state does nothing to fight terrorists, it just makes more terrorists and provides American targets for them on their home turf.

What is it with you RW nutters that you are always so close to a total hysterical breakdown? Its always hyperbole with you. Or outright lies.

Normalizing our relationship with Cuba benefits us too.

Deal with it.

Its their chicken shit nature to be quavering nut bags of panic
They are also bewildered at the state of 21st century geo-politics. Back in the good-old-days of the cold war the US vs Soviet dynamic was easy to understand and the correct side was an easy choice and they miss it terribly.

Not really.

And where do you get off???

Our relationship with Russia is worse than under Reagan. Only thing Obama does with them now is trade insults.

What is America getting?
America is getting one less "enemy" and eventually one more friend. Not having enemies is a good thing, right?

You are delusional if you think that Cuba would ever be our friend.
I bet you think that Russia is our friend too since they are no longer the USSR.
The more money these two countries get the more they put into their military.
Do you know that Cuba is very good friends with North Korea?
Nothing like getting Russia, Cuba and North Korea together right at our back door eh?

Phony? It has been high time to thaw relations with Cuba for years and he is doing it. It's far more genuine than conservative rationalizations for continuing to treat them like we have been.
That's true, they liked opening relations with China because they allowed western access to the largest untapped cheap labor pool in the world, there is no sign Cuba will allow themselves to be harshly used by the multi-national corporations like that.
Cuba has nothing. Only cigars. This is Obama once again saying "fuck you" to America....
If he is saying "fuck you" it's just to the cold warrior nostalgics like you who can no longer justify treating them like an enemy. The world is moving on past the leftover bullshit of the twentieth century, we have new problems to address and the old easily solvable problems are but a distraction.
The reason why we give communist countries the cold shoulder is because they enslave their people under their brutal dictatorial ule. I can see why the Kenyan likes Cuba, his daddy and jackal momma were communists too.
China is much worse in that regard than Cuba, nothing that justifies our Cuba policy is worth a hill of beans when we look at our China policy. It's also important to note that many other trading partners are brutal and exploitative towards their people yet are not Communists.

What is America getting?

I bet you think that Russia is our friend too since they are no longer the USSR.
Nothing like getting Russia, Cuba and North Korea together right at our back door eh?
Alarmist clap-trap.

Iraq Before Obama

The state of Iraq and most region is directly attributable to American internationalism. Occupying another nation state does nothing to fight terrorists, it just makes more terrorists and provides American targets for them on their home turf.

It's because they want to have their caliphate and have been wanting it and going to war over it ever since Mohammad died.

Iraq Before Obama

It's because they want to have their caliphate and have been wanting it and going to war over it ever since Mohammad died.
They have been fighting each other forever, why should we get between them as long as it remains a local problem? Playing a big real world game of RISK with the middle-east has cost us dearly and gotten us little.

What is America getting?

Alarmist clap-trap.

It is truth.
Lets just forget about Cuba and Russia who threated us, after all that was way in the past and it will never happen again eh?
All the while Russia is advancing it's strength and doing cyber attacks on us.

If Cuba didn't make a little noise now and then the world wouldn't know it existed. Seriously, it's Cuba

Normal diplomacy?

I don't think Obama knows what that is.

Obama is clearly trying to build some phony legacy, not do what is best for both countries....

The problem with you is you don't know anything about symbolic gestures. Obama continues to bow down to our enemies, knowing full well he doesn't have the okay from Americans to grovel at the feet of our hated enemies.

Essentially, he's sucking their Dicks and giving them everything they've wanted. We are powerless to stop him. They know it and we know it.

It's an insult to this country..... Obama, our enemies, and our allies know it.

What is America getting?

Alarmist clap-trap.

It is truth.
Lets just forget about Cuba and Russia who threated us, after all that was way in the past and it will never happen again eh?
All the while Russia is advancing it's strength and doing cyber attacks on us.
Yeah, we are doing the same thing to them in return and winning, they get a miserable little piece of territory but it cost them dearly.

Forum List

Back