Crude Oil Prices Turn Lower on U.S. Drilling Activity

Im so old I remember when women were mocked for saying we can drill our way to lower gas prices.

Crude Oil Prices Turn Lower on U.S. Drilling Activity.

"Women" huh.

Anyone of any gender who claims "we can drill our way to lower gas prices" deserves the mockery, for they know nothing of what they babble. First of all "we" don't drill. Oil companies drill. And they do so where and when and to what extent, that it will profit themselves, and obviously lowering prices doesn't serve that, and just as obviously multinational megacorporations owe no allegiance to a national flag, but rather to their own shareholders.

Second, oil is an international fungible commodity, so those multinational oil companies that did the drilling and refining are going to then take it to that international market and sell it where it will be the most profitable. There is NO direct relationship between "what 'we' drill" and "what we pay at the pump". There never has been. Unless you want to nationalize the oil industry and go it alone, there never will be.
Hilarious claptrap.

America drilled our way to lower prices. And the worlds leading producer of oil.

And FYI, dumbass - many private citizens have oil wells.

Go hug a fracker. They saved you a lot of money.

Clearly you haven't a clue in the world about how the oil bidness works. Everything I posted in 3 IS how it works. Read it and learn something, or prove me wrong.

It's also instructive how quickly you abandoned the original bogus point and switched off to "natural gas".
America drilled her way to cheap oil.
America is now leads the world in oil.
Low income Americans can now afford to fill their cars with gas.
MAGA.
gas was just as low as during Oblama

MAGA...

Im so old I remember when women were mocked for saying we can drill our way to lower gas prices.

You LIE!!!!!!!!!!!
ch.gaschart

but this type of idiocy is why they're able to vote the way they do in the first place.

Still smarting from that election asswhipping i see. And by those very voters you despise so much!
Ouch.

View attachment 185755

who was whining, ignorant trump troll? I stated fact. I can't help it if uneducated uninformed trumpscum don't know anything.

now run along and dry the spittle off of your computer screen.

"Women" huh.

Anyone of any gender who claims "we can drill our way to lower gas prices" deserves the mockery, for they know nothing of what they babble. First of all "we" don't drill. Oil companies drill. And they do so where and when and to what extent, that it will profit themselves, and obviously lowering prices doesn't serve that, and just as obviously multinational megacorporations owe no allegiance to a national flag, but rather to their own shareholders.

Second, oil is an international fungible commodity, so those multinational oil companies that did the drilling and refining are going to then take it to that international market and sell it where it will be the most profitable. There is NO direct relationship between "what 'we' drill" and "what we pay at the pump". There never has been. Unless you want to nationalize the oil industry and go it alone, there never will be.
Hilarious claptrap.

America drilled our way to lower prices. And the worlds leading producer of oil.

And FYI, dumbass - many private citizens have oil wells.

Go hug a fracker. They saved you a lot of money.

Clearly you haven't a clue in the world about how the oil bidness works. Everything I posted in 3 IS how it works. Read it and learn something, or prove me wrong.

It's also instructive how quickly you abandoned the original bogus point and switched off to "natural gas".
America drilled her way to cheap oil.
America is now leads the world in oil.
Low income Americans can now afford to fill their cars with gas.
MAGA.
gas was just as low as during Oblama

MAGA...

I pay more now in both NY and NJ for gas than when President Obama was in office.

Damn, they're so stupid.

but this type of idiocy is why they're able to vote the way they do in the first place.

Still smarting from that election asswhipping i see. And by those very voters you despise so much!
Ouch.

View attachment 185755

who was whining, ignorant trump troll? I stated fact. I can't help it if uneducated uninformed trumpscum don't know anything.

now run along and dry the spittle off of your computer screen.

Jillian says “oy vey I was wrong about the election”.

Good thing you were ignored.

I made no such point.

It ain't my job to substantiate your strawman.

What "straw man," you dumbfuck?

The one you just posted in 21, jackweed. The one sitting right above. What kind of moron goes to get a chart to disprove a point nobody made?
You claimed the price of gas is not dependent on the price of oil, dumbfuck.

Bull Shit.

Quote me.

Or run away like you usually do.

Here ya go, shit for brains:

"Drilling" is always going on Fingerboy. "Drilling" isn't a limiting factor --- refining capacity is. And that runs as high as it can, consistently. "Drilling" more does not, and can not, change that.

Go get your mommy to read that for you Fingerfuck, because it says ZERO about crude prices.

You should maybe lern tu reed sum day, ignorant dipwad.

"You know we can't just drill our way to lower gas prices." Barrack Hussein Soweto Obama

In the Energy Debate between Palin and Obama...Obama Lost

Palin was right. We drilled our way to lower gas and oil prices.

Sorry, oil doesn't work like that and never did. The international oil market is like an ocean, fed by many rivers in many places. Increasing one of those rivers isn't going to lift that ocean, particularly when the other rivers are controllable by entities that have an interest in how much their river empties in, especially when they act a a group to do so, which we call a 'cartel'. So you increase your river by ten units, the cartel decreases by the same ten units, and you're back where you started. That's why the cartel exists.

Besides which (again) -- whatever oil is extracted/processed, is done not by "we" anyway but by oil companies, who do not constitute any kind of "we" unless you're a stockholder of that company. They operate for the interest of their own profits and stockholders --- not for the benefit of any particular country including whichever one they're based in. If it makes the most sense to send this batch to Sri Lanka then that's where your extra drilling goes. Period. Unless y'all want to nationalize the oil companies and go it alone, you can't change that.

Oil 101, simplified.

Not a whole bunch of jewish rougnecks are there?

Did you notice there's no more whining from Pogo and the dingbat? It must have finally dawned on them just how wrong and stupid they are.

If I told you you have the IQ of a turnip, it would be insulting to turnips. Once again your illiteracy problem appears to be a contact high from Blatherman2020, who posted some shit about "dufus doesn't think the price of crude affects the price of gas". I presumed he must have been talking about you since I never made any such claim, although that is again an insult to dufuses.

Apparently the illiteracy factor for both of y'all has entered the realm of the gargantuan.

The one you just posted in 21, jackweed. The one sitting right above. What kind of moron goes to get a chart to disprove a point nobody made?

Bull Shit.

Quote me.

"Drilling" is always going on Fingerboy. "Drilling" isn't a limiting factor --- refining capacity is. And that runs as high as it can, consistently. "Drilling" more does not, and can not, change that.

Go get your mommy to read that for you Fingerfuck, because it says ZERO about crude prices.

Look at the graph, dumbass. It says "crude oil prices" right on it.

Last edited:
So you increase your river by ten units, the cartel decreases by the same ten units, and you're back where you started. That's why the cartel exists.

I could give a dozen cites. But one will do. I am not interested in teaching you. Just humiliating you.

OPEC Won't Cut Production to Stop Oil's Slump

Opec capitulated on Nov 27 2014 and opened the taps in response top American drilling. Where were you? Cutting and pasting from the internet on USMB? You are a waste of oxygen.

Inside OPEC room, Naimi declares price war on U.S. shale oil

Oil 101, simplified.

More like oil for simpletons...broke simpletons. Enjoy your social security.

"You know we can't just drill our way to lower gas prices." Barrack Hussein Soweto Obama

Sorry, oil doesn't work like that and never did. The international oil market is like an ocean, fed by many rivers in many places. Increasing one of those rivers isn't going to lift that ocean, particularly when the other rivers are controllable by entities that have an interest in how much their river empties in, especially when they act a a group to do so, which we call a 'cartel'. So you increase your river by ten units, the cartel decreases by the same ten units, and you're back where you started. That's why the cartel exists.

Besides which (again) -- whatever oil is extracted/processed, is done not by "we" anyway but by oil companies, who do not constitute any kind of "we" unless you're a stockholder of that company. They operate for the interest of their own profits and stockholders --- not for the benefit of any particular country including whichever one they're based in. If it makes the most sense to send this batch to Sri Lanka then that's where your extra drilling goes. Period. Unless y'all want to nationalize the oil companies and go it alone, you can't change that.

Oil 101, simplified.
Cartels have never worked, and they never will. OPEC is the single most spectacular failure of a cartel. You see, when producers form a cartel, anyone who cheats reaps all the benefits while the other members get screwed. Hence, the minute they are formed, every member starts cheating. In the early days of the oil business American producers tried to form cartels over and over again. There was no law against it at the time, but they always fell apart.

Bull Shit.

Quote me.

Of course it does. A "limiting factor" means it controls prices. If refining capacity was the "limiting factor," then the price would be a function of refining capacity.

Apparently the illiteracy factor for both of y'all has entered the realm of the gargantuan.

Ever notice you spend most of your time posting "i didnt say that"?

I do notice that. It's a testament to the mendacity of shitposters like Fingerboy who thinks he can just make shit up and somehow the fact that he extracted a turd from his own ass and flung it on the internet magically makes it "real". I know everything I've ever posted and every point I've made so I know instantly when said shitbags are doing that. And that's why I immediately throw the challenge flag. Because I already know they can't pick it up.

QED above.

Notice how Fingerfuck equally dishonestly tries to change my gender. He thinks that makes a point too. That's another reason he's a fucking moron.

Bull Shit.

Quote me.

I don't give a flying fuck what your graph says. It's your graph, not mine, and it's got nothing to do with anything I've posted. Whine and stomp your feet all you like but it doesn't. And there ain't a damn thing you can do about that.

Cartels have never worked, and they never will. OPEC is the single most spectacular failure of a cartel. You see, when producers form a cartel, anyone who cheats reaps all the benefits while the other members get screwed. Hence, the minute they are formed, every member starts cheating. In the early days of the oil business American producers tried to form cartels over and over again. There was no law against it at the time, but they always fell apart.

I have worked in oil all my life. Supply and demand are a weekly report for me. American drilling not only destroyed OPEC and dropped prices (as Palin said it would) but weakened Putins hand and broke his stranglehold on natural gas. A far cry from the Obama days.
Next year I expect the god-emperor Trump to open up on offshore drilling. We are once again an oil power. Winning!

This Country Could Pass Saudi Arabia to Become the World's Largest Oil Producer in 2018

oil.png

Bull Shit.

Quote me.

I don't give a flying fuck what your graph says. It's your graph, not mine, and it's got nothing to do with anything I've posted. Whine and stomp your feet all you like but it doesn't. And there ain't a damn thing you can do about that.
You are so cute when you know you are wrong and you've been caught.

Oil 101, simplified.

Once AGAIN for the Illiterati --- I made no judgments on "cartels"; I simply described their role in how the international oil business works. Now you can either prove that wrong or you can clean all that jelly off your shirt and learn not to fuck with me.

Notice how Fingerfuck equally dishonestly tries to change my gender. He thinks that makes a point too. That's another reason he's a fucking moron.

You act like a little bitch. How else is he supposed to take it? Now run along and get a masters degree in oil refining on google.

Forum List

Back