CRT and Whiteness for Elementary Students.

The review from the NYtimes REALLY irks me..

Yup.. Dem racist white 10 yr olds are ALREADY ruining the lives of all the black children in the class. And since WHEN can NYTIMES judge "honest explanations".. These folks are irretrievable from what ails them..
What do expect from the NYT? They are a tabloid full of propaganda and lies. More division and chaos is what they are pushing and they are relentless.

Welfare Queen, you've never had an honest discussion with anyone black about race. I find it fascinating how many hard working, decent, good white folks I encounter every day. Like many blacks they go about their business, take care of their families, and do what they need to do to get ahead.

I do not find them filled with racial animus and hatred, nor do I find them full of self pity, or projecting an aura of victimhood. In fact, quite the opposite.

It is always the loudest and angriest voices that are heard. In the context of CRT it is highly racist whites who are the loudest and angriest, like the right wingers here at USMB. They are truly irredeemable. They are beyond help or reason.

School decisions should be local politics, not national politics, but again…everything seems nationalized.

How SHOULD the issue of race and racism both historically and currently be taught?

Everyone is so busy ginning up outrage, attacking teachers and school board members (who themselves are locals and parents with kids in those schools) that they avoid coming with solutions.

For those with short term memory problems…remember when Texas was going to adopt a textbook that referred to slaves as immigrant workers, left out most of Jim Crowe and it’s legacy, and barely a nod to the civil rights era? Or when educators tried to teach that not all slaves were unhappy and there were positive aspects to being a slave?

So, how should we teach these things?
Whose fault is that? You know damn well whose fault it is. The media and progressive haters. You do not need to teach children anything about race but that it does not matter.

Try white parents. What is the matter with you? You cannot possibly be as stupid as you sound.

Look dumb ass, Welfare Queen asked the question. Welfare Queen is white. I don't know why there are whites who are racists, but since WQ is white, perhaps WQ can shed some light as to why this is.

School decisions should be local politics, not national politics, but again…everything seems nationalized.

How SHOULD the issue of race and racism both historically and currently be taught?

Everyone is so busy ginning up outrage, attacking teachers and school board members (who themselves are locals and parents with kids in those schools) that they avoid coming with solutions.

For those with short term memory problems…remember when Texas was going to adopt a textbook that referred to slaves as immigrant workers, left out most of Jim Crowe and it’s legacy, and barely a nod to the civil rights era? Or when educators tried to teach that not all slaves were unhappy and there were positive aspects to being a slave?

So, how should we teach these things?
Actually, its ignorant to claim that all slaves were unhappy as slaves. And there were positive aspects to being a slave---lower crime rate and no welfare pop to mind. Being a slave in america--was far far better than being a slave in south america, africa, or on the islands.

The slaves in america growing up as a slave on plantations knew nothing else. And hell even when given the chance to be free, many did not want to be----see my favorite over hyped story of slaves HARRIET TUBMAN---she went back to FREE her family as she was paid by the head by aboltionists to "free" slaves. Many of her own family refused to leave and opted to return to the plantation. Her daddy by the way, was given a house and lands by his owner and was freed...like a retirement package. Many who owned slaves did not wish to abuse their slaves and often treated them quit well (I know we aren't supposed to know this but it is historic fact, but you know the libs would have a melt down if the truth was posted.) MANY MANY slave owners released their slaves, while Many others felt slavery was evil but could not find a way to release the slaves and make it possible for them to support themselves if they were free. Slavery in America was like no other place and certainly not always as portrayed by the race pimps of now. There were very abusive slave owners--but there were many who didn't have malice--they just grew up with slavery as a way of life but held no malice against the slaves.

Look dumb ass, Welfare Queen asked the question. Welfare Queen is white. I don't know why there are whites who are racists, but since WQ is white, perhaps WQ can shed some light as to why this is.
Let me guess this guy is not really black, right?

Welfare Queen, you've never had an honest discussion with anyone black about race. I find it fascinating how many hard working, decent, good white folks I encounter every day. Like many blacks they go about their business, take care of their families, and do what they need to do to get ahead.

I do not find them filled with racial animus and hatred, nor do I find them full of self pity, or projecting an aura of victimhood. In fact, quite the opposite.

It is always the loudest and angriest voices that are heard. In the context of CRT it is highly racist whites who are the loudest and angriest, like the right wingers here at USMB. They are truly irredeemable. They are beyond help or reason.
What I posted here is true.

C'mon Coyote -- lots of folks ACCUSE me of "blowing" but I never do that unless I'm tongue in cheek.. Dont even try.. LOL.

If ya want to try and defend teaching racial division and animus to our Elementary students -- that task is large enough to keep you busy and not try accuse me of farting around with facts on other peripheral stuff..

It isn’t peripheral stuff because you felt it important enough to include it in order to illustrate the depth of depravity Dems have fallen to right? But it isn’t accurate is it? You posted an opinion piece with a link to the actual legislative bill. But what it says is on abortion is this:
ARTICLE 25-A
27 REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ACT
28 Section 2599-aa. Policy and purpose.
29 2599-bb. Abortion.
30 § 2599-aa. Policy and purpose. The legislature finds that comprehen-
31 sive reproductive health care is a fundamental component of every indi-
32 vidual's health, privacy and equality. Therefore, it is the policy of
33 the state that:
34 1. Every individual has the fundamental right to choose or refuse
35 contraception or sterilization.
36 2. Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to
37 choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to
38 have an abortion, pursuant to this article.
39 3. The state shall not discriminate against, deny, or interfere with
40 the exercise of the rights set forth in this section in the regulation
41 or provision of benefits, facilities, services or information.
42 § 2599-bb. Abortion. 1. A health care practitioner licensed, certi-
43 fied, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting with-
44 in his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when,
45 according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional
46 judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within
47 twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an
48 absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the
49 patient's life or health.
50 2. This article shall be construed and applied consistent with and
51 subject to applicable laws and applicable and authorized regulations
52 governing health care procedures.

That isn’t infant euthanasia, not even close because it says up 24 weeks. So….if this has been blown way out proportion by rightists, then maybe some of this school stuff has been as well. You can always find extreme examples or isolated instances and folks on each side of the Great Divide like to magnify it as if it were the norm…

So questions…is all of it teaching racial division…or is some of it encouraging inclusion and an understanding of the other’s point of view? For centuries, minority narratives have been silenced by the dominant narratives. Allowing their voices to heard seems to be upsetting folks. Isn’t it just as divisive to pretend their experience don’t exist Or aren’t valid?

And it brings me back to the central qUestion…how SHOULD we teach children about race and racism In our country? Take Texas’ approach and erase it or go completely woke and make children sign white privelege contracts? There has to be some sane approach.

Actually, its ignorant to claim that all slaves were unhappy as slaves. And there were positive aspects to being a slave---lower crime rate and no welfare pop to mind. Being a slave in america--was far far better than being a slave in south america, africa, or on the islands.

The slaves in america growing up as a slave on plantations knew nothing else. And hell even when given the chance to be free, many did not want to be----see my favorite over hyped story of slaves HARRIET TUBMAN---she went back to FREE her family as she was paid by the head by aboltionists to "free" slaves. Many of her own family refused to leave and opted to return to the plantation. Her daddy by the way, was given a house and lands by his owner and was freed...like a retirement package. Many who owned slaves did not wish to abuse their slaves and often treated them quit well (I know we aren't supposed to know this but it is historic fact, but you know the libs would have a melt down if the truth was posted.) MANY MANY slave owners released their slaves, while Many others felt slavery was evil but could not find a way to release the slaves and make it possible for them to support themselves if they were free. Slavery in America was like no other place and certainly not always as portrayed by the race pimps of now. There were very abusive slave owners--but there were many who didn't have malice--they just grew up with slavery as a way of life but held no malice against the slaves.
It is ignorant for a privileged American who has never known slavery to pretend to know how a slave would feel.

"How SHOULD we teach children about race and racism In our country?"

Teach the truth.

Forum List

Back