Crossing data shows The Great White North has lost its allure — and businesses on the border are most impacted

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It appears Americans are listening to other Canadians like myself and deciding to pass on heading to Canada.

We are losing on the global stage, we are in steep decline and the road back is near impossible thanks to the deeply ingrained, covert police state and the creeps benefiting from it.

Don't follow us or our system if you want to have a chance at maintaining your global position. Not visiting our country certainly ensures you don't support the system. Maybe demand some changes...

Canadians expecting a tsunami of US visitors once the border reopened were disappointed to find that Americans had other travel plans.

The US-Canada border finally opened to vaccinated American travelers on August 9, allowing US tourists to visit the Great White North for the first time since March 2021.

Eager Americans flocked to the country and wait times at the border totaled seven hours in some locations.

Canada's newly-reopened border drew around 219,000 non-commercial crossings, according to Canada Border Services Agency crossing data viewed by the Wall Street Journal, in its first week. The high point for 2021 was around 15% of summer 2019's crossing

....what are the big attractions? hunting/wilderness? we have that in the US....we and Canada don't have the much older history of Europe or South America/etc.

The US-Canada border finally opened to vaccinated American travelers
I live just south of the border and have always enjoyed traveling back and forth, but Trudeau feels healthy unvaccinated people shouldn't be welcomed so fuck Trudeau, I can spend my money in a myriad of other places. Let him eat his experimental injection.

I live just south of the border and have always enjoyed traveling back and forth, but Trudeau feels healthy unvaccinated people shouldn't be welcomed so fuck Trudeau, I can spend my money in a myriad of other places. Let him eat his experimental injection.

It's not just Trudeau. There is a Federal Election campaign currently in action, and we have some differing policies among the three (really only a Con or Lib will win) top Parties, but, this system is not going to shift much at all. O'Toole would certainly be more "pro-American", he has stated that he wants to build a closer relationship with the U.S, he has also been the most critical of China.

Consider though, for the election debate on Thursday our media purposely omitted the subject of Foreign Affairs. Seems our own Establishment do NOT want to have Canadians to vote based on such very important issues. Weird, no?

When I worked at IBM I would have great conversations with Americans. Most were genuinely happy and engaging when talking to a Canadian. I definitely closed some deals based on the camaraderie.

There were some who would say "so you're in Canada...huh". Which was their way of being a bit flippant, but for the most part I think I did my country well in representing who we are. More importantly (knowing what I know now) representing who I am. It would probably be a far different conversation today I imagine.

The U.S once viewed Canada as an ally who was "just like us". I don't think this PR campaign works anymore. I blame foreign interference in our system for some of this, at least somewhat due to our history and some wanting to maintain their iron grip on us. It won't work in our favor to remain an unaccountable, police state that lacks innovation. The Old Money and central power via covert police apparatsues aren't interested in what's good for us however.

Forum List

Back